Visa pick up in GUZ after Blue

Hobber

Hello,

We had our interview in Aug and received Blue due to prior CCP affiliation (strictly work related). We knew this may happen. At the interview we turned in her resume and CCP letter of explanation. VO said nothing else is needed just additional processing. SAO I assume.

I hear the process of mailing in your passport to GUZ and getting it back with visa is very slow, like everything else.I'm looking to reduce wait time smile.gif

Question - Assuming my fiancee gets the approval letter in the mail in the next 60 days can she just fly back to GUZ and personally hand in her passport? Airplane/Hotel cost not really an issue smile.gif Then she can just wait in GUZ and have the passport/visa sent to the post office in GUZ for pick up. Can we/she do this? Where does she turn in her passport and what is needed? What floor? Will they let her in with the approval letter to turn in her passport?

Thanks,

M & L

Currently no needs to go to Guangzhou in person if she receives call-in-letter. She can mail her passport and Guangzhou will mail her passport and visa package back to her. You need to wait for call-in-letter to see the instruction in details. EMS is a very trustful delivery system run by China Post.

If you and she want to go to Guangzhou in person, then just follow what she did at the interview. There is one or two windows open for handing in passport in the interview room. She can choose to pick up the passport at Guangzhou or mail it to her at the consulate. I do not see the need to stay there in order to pick the passport up at postoffice in Guangzhou.

But it totally depends on what you would like to do!!

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Currently no needs to go to Guangzhou in person if she receives call-in-letter. She can mail her passport and Guangzhou will mail her passport and visa package back to her. You need to wait for call-in-letter to see the instruction in details. EMS is a very trustful delivery system run by China Post.

If you and she want to go to Guangzhou in person, then just follow what she did at the interview. There is one or two windows open for handing in passport in the interview room. She can choose to pick up the passport at Guangzhou or mail it to her at the consulate. I do not see the need to stay there in order to pick the passport up at postoffice in Guangzhou.

Yes, we have used EMS various times before with no issue. However, I am just looking to save some time as mailing in your passport and then waiting for it to come back with the visa seems to be taking a long time.

I just want to make sure if my fiancee shows up in person in GUZ with her passport and call in letter GUZ will let her inside and turn in the passport :)

Yes, we have used EMS various times before with no issue. However, I am just looking to save some time as mailing in your passport and then waiting for it to come back with the visa seems to be taking a long time.

I just want to make sure if my fiancee shows up in person in GUZ with her passport and call in letter GUZ will let her inside and turn in the passport :)

Send them an email and ask?

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

I am not sure anyone has tried since they changed the policy on Aug.1.

Send them an email and ask?

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html

I am not sure anyone has tried since they changed the policy on Aug.1.

I received a return email today. It said you need to mail the passport into GUZ for your visa and to follow the instructions on the call in letter. They said you can not hand deliver your passport to GUZ :( More waiting..........................