Not much posted regarding interviews of immediate relatives, vs a spouse.

In spouse cases he VO is trying to determine possible visa fraud, or bonafide relationship, this is not the case for a son/daughter/mother/father etc...

This interview is mostly about dropping off forms, medical and vaccinations results, and passport, only question that tends to come up is if child has permission of other parent to immigrate, if child is under age 18, also if child is under age 18, then a parent should accompany to interview.

Due to the limited space in our interview waiting room, only beneficiaries may enter; the petitioner and other accompanying parties must wait outside. Children under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian to the interview. Children under 14 years old are required to be accompanied to the interview by a close relative.
http://guangzhou.use..._interview.html Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Not much posted regarding interviews of immediate relatives, vs a spouse.

In spouse cases he VO is trying to determine possible visa fraud, or bonafide relationship, this is not the case for a son/daughter/mother/father etc...

This interview is mostly about dropping off forms, medical and vaccinations results, and passport, only question that tends to come up is if child has permission of other parent to immigrate, if child is under age 18, also if child is under age 18, then a parent should accompany to interview.

Due to the limited space in our interview waiting room, only beneficiaries may enter; the petitioner and other accompanying parties must wait outside. Children under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian to the interview. Children under 14 years old are required to be accompanied to the interview by a close relative.
http://guangzhou.use..._interview.html

Thank you for you response, that's a big help to us.

Just for the heck of it, our son will know our address and my name. He will also have a couple of pictures of him, his mother, and I together.

. . . and pictures of him and his mother at an earlier age may be helpful.

Paternity is likely to be the only issue (if any) - or is it MA-ternity? :P

Just for the heck of it, our son will know our address and my name. He will also have a couple of pictures of him, his mother, and I together.

. . . and pictures of him and his mother at an earlier age may be helpful.

Paternity is likely to be the only issue (if any) - or is it MA-ternity? :P

I asked her a while back if she had pictures of them together at an early age. Of course she said "no". :rolleyes: I should've known. <_<

MA-ternity? :lol:

My sons' interview was just a few months ago, 17 years old.

First don't let them tell you that your wife or you cannot attend interview, it the child is not 18 you can be present. They tried to tell us my wife could not attend with son because he is over 14. I was ready for this and had emailed GUZ prior to interview to get a reply reinforcing what their website states, that any child that is less then 18 years old can have a parent present.

Day 1 paper intake, wife present with him the entire time, piece of cake since she had already been through it. No questions asked of son, just asked wife to see her green card to confirm her status.

Day 2 Interview was easy

Sponser's name?

How many times he came to China?

Are you going to school in America?

Asked wife to see green card again.

Grats you passed.

Did not look at a single picture, did not ask to see notarized statement from father giving permission to leave china, asked for nothing.

Was piece of cake since wife had already been through it 3 months prior.

Edited by Scott@Hong (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Our experience for my Son's interview today contradicted much what I have read on this thread. He was given the blue paper because my 2009 & 2008 income tax returns were not included, though we were told before hand if last years salary showed sufficient income then those returns wouldn't be needed. My advice to those petitioning & potential benificiaries reading this would be to include ALL documents whether they're asked for or not.

We're not sure yet but as it stands now it seems they want us to contact the IRS so that the IRS can send my documents to Guangzhou to get my Son's visa. I hope this isn't the case. We can only hope now it's only frustrating instead of very time consuming.

Hope this helps someone

Edited by teeb57 (see edit history)