my interview

I got visa pick up notice yesterday :cheering:--chinese 001 forum call it red slip ,american forum here call it pink ,which, to me, looks as orange as the fruit. either I am color blind or my English sucks.

I went to United-family healthcare hospital (it opens both Saturday and Sunday.but doesn't give viccine shots)on Saturday afternoon around 2 o'clock, there were totally 5 people there for physical exams for immigrant visa.first filled out form. there are 3 rooms we were required to go in :1st -measurements, height, weight, eyesight, blood pressure. 2nd- x ray .3rd(after waited for about an hour) -a bunch of question about ur medical history ,then lie down for a couple of minutes for the doctor to have a very brief check to see if there is any lumps and perhaps sexual diseases .then waited again and paid 800yuan, then signed to collect the result package(don't open it until you are asked while hand-in the documents) and x-ray film.

By the way, another hospital opens only on Saturday morning +Friday to Monday.

I handed in 1. physical exam package(opened right there),2. 'the P4 forms signing some at the spot ,3. notary papers, 4. tax return of3 years and was asked such questions as have you ever been to other countries ? stayed in HK or Macao for long time? on Tuesday afternoon(June 28-what they call lucky number) . I did not get there until 12:30,-did not waited long before going inside.I walked passed the esculator and found elevators by turning left and walking a little bit--this way you would reach the 4th floor ahead of most of those who are before you. when you get on the 4th floor ,turn left you will see the waiting line.

While I was waiting with my number in hand ,I realized I left my physical package in hotel room. As the result ,my fiance got soaked in cats and dogs downpour raining and had the privilage to step up to the 5th floor bringing me the package right before my number was called :jerry:. then he told me he left the keys locked inside the hotel room because he was in such a hurry-I left my phone ,contact information of the guy whom I booked the apartment and everything in the room :drunk:. !! that would be another story!! he had to wait for me downstairs in his dripping clothes for several hours .

My next day interview was quite short and brief, although I tried hard to get into conversation with the VO guy by saying you look gorgeous whom was obviously in no mood .we took oath for telling the truth nothing but the truth before the interview started.

I guess the reasons for my orange slip must be :

1 .we frontloaded our information as convincing as possible during the petition and the requirement for additional information such as the explanations of the previous marriages ,the statement fr family member and ourselves about our relationship,our togerther pictures , the evidences of visiting trip and communication .

2. I speak English.

3. we followed the tips of USCIS ,Guangzhou Counsolate(forgot how to spell this word,sorry) for how to prepare and organize the papers to the dot. and read 001 marriage inmmigration forum and CFL all the time

There were not as many people as I had imagined at interview room , in fact there were empty seats!

I have the impression that the color for each case has already been painted before the interview which is just the another opportunity for us either to have it kept or changed by answering questions.The visa officer is very experienced in reading people by asking seemingly casual questions--where do you meet? what does he do? how many children he has? did you visit other countries? he talked to me in English right away without asking anything like" do you speak English". He fliped over the album of the evidences I showed him in a couple of seconds before he returned it to me .it took me several months to prepare and I even bought printers for printing them.I don't have any chatting log and few emails.because the only words we typed were "I can not hear you ,can you hear me?" If I d bring that record ,I am sure the VO would think we were either deaf or mute.

And for those couple of people -one guy ,one woman who got white slips that day when I was there ,VOs interviewed them for long time-about half hour or longer, in my opinion,they were given chance to redeem their cases.a lot family immigrants that day got blue slips.

Edited by õ¹å²Ý (see edit history)

Thank you for sharing your experience. We usually only hear the American male's story. It is interesting to get your perspective.

I enjoy reading your words and all the stories of american halves' side ,thanks

I got visa pick up notice yesterday :cheering:--chinese 001 forum call it red slip ,american forum here call it pink ,which, to me, looks as orange as the fruit. either I am color blind or my English sucks.

Thank you for your very entertaining and informative write-up :)

It's very helpful because my fiancee's interview is also on a Tuesday and we turn in documents on Monday, so she'll do her medical over the weekend.

I hope you'll get your passport and visa soon. Please keep us posted so we can have an idea of when to expect hers :) Thank you again!! :)

• 7 months later...