• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dawei, your crystal ball needs repairing too. P4 came Sept 22.

Document intake Oct 25 and interview October 26. Looks like it came 6 days earlier than I expected.

Good new cuzin' Bubba.

tsap seui

Document intake Oct 25 and interview October 26. Looks like it came 6 days earlier than I expected.

Good new cuzin' Bubba.

tsap seui

Yassuh.....yawl knows I needs me some help here. I needs awl the guud news I kin git.

Good new cuzin' Bubba.

tsap seui

Yassuh.....yawl knows I needs me some help here. I needs awl the guud news I kin git.

Well sir, you will now have a partner in crime....so to speak. No reason you should get all the fun, eh?

tsap seui

I see Canada is runnin' a special on "Chinese Wife Downers" this month....you kin get a 55 gallon drum of them for only $19.95....shippin' is free.

I have been gone a little while, but has all of this changed????

The standard plus or minus a few days was P3 to P4 close to 3 to 4 weeks. Then P4 to interview is very close to a month...

I always remember guys trying to calculate the windows of opportunity, but for the most part when I studied the numbers the above was very close.

And I did not bother, but some guys really trying to be slick and shave a week to 10 days would have their ladies print out the P3 from online and once they had notification that GUZ sent, they would mail in. And they would save a few days. Personally, I like to have the documents in hand. There are others things to rush and worry about if you must.

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

The standard plus or minus a few days was P3 to P4 close to 3 to 4 weeks. Then P4 to interview is very close to a month...

I always remember guys trying to calculate the windows of opportunity, but for the most part when I studied the numbers the above was very close.

And I did not bother, but some guys really trying to be slick and shave a week to 10 days would have their ladies print out the P3 from online and once they had notification that GUZ sent, they would mail in. And they would save a few days. Personally, I like to have the documents in hand. There are others things to rush and worry about if you must.

Yes things have changed. This is electronic processing at the NVC.....all done by email and no snail mail.

Well sir, you will now have a partner in crime....so to speak. No reason you should get all the fun, eh?

tsap seui

I see Canada is runnin' a special on "Chinese Wife Downers" this month....you kin get a 55 gallon drum of them for only $19.95....shippin' is free.

Absolfreakinlutely cuzzin Tsap Bawb.

Yes things have changed. This is electronic processing at the NVC.....all done by email and no snail mail.

Since you have to opt in, I am guessing that some are still doing snail mail. Still not seeing how EP is any faster???

Mine took with snail mail -- 6 months from submission to visa and if I had been able to go through Cali then it would have been closer to 5 months....How are you guys now doing???

Since you have to opt in, I am guessing that some are still doing snail mail. Still not seeing how EP is any faster???

Mine took with snail mail -- 6 months from submission to visa and if I had been able to go through Cali then it would have been closer to 5 months....How are you guys now doing???

The EP is for CR1 only. SO it's overall time from over several years has gone from about 12 months to 6-8 months.

One could do snail mail if they want (maybe those without scanning and PDF capabilities)... but most are doing the EP method.

In the past, NVC could take 2-6 months depending on how fast or slow people sent the mail and then waiting for replies on the next step. One can now get through NVC in 3 weeks if they stay on the ball.

Also, you now get the interview date from NVC... it does not go to GUZ and sit in 'customs' for a month. As well, NVC gets a copy of the notarial chinese translated papers instead of the medical staff collecting it (although it does get turned in as originals at the interview). So there has been a few changes to the process.

The EP is for CR1 only. SO it's overall time from over several years has gone from about 12 months to 6-8 months.

One could do snail mail if they want (maybe those without scanning and PDF capabilities)... but most are doing the EP method.

In the past, NVC could take 2-6 months depending on how fast or slow people sent the mail and then waiting for replies on the next step. One can now get through NVC in 3 weeks if they stay on the ball.

Also, you now get the interview date from NVC... it does not go to GUZ and sit in 'customs' for a month. As well, NVC gets a copy of the notarial chinese translated papers instead of the medical staff collecting it (although it does get turned in as originals at the interview). So there has been a few changes to the process.

Besides simply interested we will be petitioning my wife's mother down the road. So EP was coming of age as I was finishing. How about IR-1s, if I remember correctly they were included also?

So my main question if you are willing to humor me, since there should be enough data points now....which is faster provided you are diligent...snail mail vs EP? I thought I was going to be seeing a big difference, but I think both average out about the same. Plus for me anyway, I have been scanning and sending PDFs for over 10 years, but I would much rather run the parts of my package I can thru a copier than my scanner....just thinking

And as a side note, before EP I saw how the CR-1s were catching up with the K-3s and I am sure most now do not even bother sending in the K-3. I was watching this trend and yes it was before around a year or more for the CR-1s, but I watched that change during my process and becoming closer to 8 months. If I remember correctly David you are looking at 8 months. So I know there is much ado with this EP stuff, but generally I am seeing 8 months like your case, which was also the case when I was finishing with snail mail.

And you would guess that NVC would be now even faster and the process is more streamlined, but looking at the cases here, I simply notice little change in speed.

But maybe someone will set a speed record, but I would also think with the economy struggling as it has been since I completed my process, there would be far less petitions. But of course I am guessing that could be checked out as well and maybe the trend is more contrary to the economy...

If I had known this would have happened sooner, I would have definitely gone CR-1. I even encouraged my friends that were following my K-1 process to jump ship and go CR-1. They stayed the course though and successful K-1s. We just have to endure more processing and expense, which personally for me is not a big deal, but simply wiser now to go CR-1 I think.

Besides simply interested we will be petitioning my wife's mother down the road. So EP was coming of age as I was finishing. How about IR-1s, if I remember correctly they were included also?

From a processing point of view, CR-1 and IR-1 are not different; they are only different at the time of issue relative to the date of marriage.

So my main question if you are willing to humor me, since there should be enough data points now....which is faster provided you are diligent...snail mail vs EP? I thought I was going to be seeing a big difference, but I think both average out about the same. Plus for me anyway, I have been scanning and sending PDFs for over 10 years, but I would much rather run the parts of my package I can thru a copier than my scanner....just thinking.

We can only compare CR-1 doing snail mail vs EP, TODAY. There really cannot be any other comparison in time nor visa types.

Given a head-to-head, I gave the example of it takes some time to mail the 6 or so rounds of files needed, back and forth; but one can get through EP in about 3 weeks. I lost time due to an RFE and they lost the case and then a business trip... so I was fast but I know one could get under 3 weeks if they applied all the shortcuts.

And as a side note, before EP I saw how the CR-1s were catching up with the K-3s and I am sure most now do not even bother sending in the K-3. I was watching this trend and yes it was before around a year or more for the CR-1s, but I watched that change during my process and becoming closer to 8 months. If I remember correctly David you are looking at 8 months. So I know there is much ado with this EP stuff, but generally I am seeing 8 months like your case, which was also the case when I was finishing with snail mail.

Yes, K-3 is dead (Nietzsche comes to mind) B) No point in pursuing it.

I thought your case is K-1, yes? If so, we cannot compare different visa types in regards to EP vs snailing it.

Yes, David, my case was a K-1. But with all the discussion of EP, which is a choice, how does it compare to snail mail?

My case was approved in 7/09 and even then the CR-1s were making great strides and I remember at least a couple of cases making it in at 8 months. Snail mail has not changed. The only difference is that the EP process has been added. From my perspective, if I had to file an IR-1 tomorrow, I would do it with snail mail from what I have seen and read.

No big advantage with the EP process and I am fairly certain the case load for petitions has dropped significantly since my K-1 visa appproval. Less cases should make everyone in the pipeline now move faster provided you are on a good path with good petition preparation and presentation.

If no one knows then no one knows, but I am not seeing anything amazing right now going EP even though NVC is doing their best I am sure to make it efficient. For my time and effort I am just saying I would go snail mail. If there are cases to prove at least a 2 to 4 month difference then I might think otherwise. Just not seeing it is all I am saying. And if it was 8 months for CR-1 with snail mail when I was going K-1 I would think that process is still the same and possibly faster.

Just thinking.

The process has three stages: USCIS Petition, NVC Processing, GUZ Interview.

The EP is only related to NVC. EP will be a little faster than mailing since you can do each next step without needing to wait for the return mail for the next step. For some the "E" in EP would really mean "easy"; guys like me can easily scan and PDF files and send out in email. I would just hate the laboriousness of sending snail mail (getting the mail together, driving to the post office; paying for postage, etc.

I don't know if USCIS or GUZ stages are changed for the better or worse. And as I said, I think people can get through this in less than 8 months; I lost some time.

The process has three stages: USCIS Petition, NVC Processing, GUZ Interview.

The EP is only related to NVC. EP will be a little faster than mailing since you can do each next step without needing to wait for the return mail for the next step. For some the "E" in EP would really mean "easy"; guys like me can easily scan and PDF files and send out in email. I would just hate the laboriousness of sending snail mail (getting the mail together, driving to the post office; paying for postage, etc.

I don't know if USCIS or GUZ stages are changed for the better or worse. And as I said, I think people can get through this in less than 8 months; I lost some time.

My step-sons case (IR2) is right at 7 months to completion assuming he gets the visa.

• 3 weeks later...

Driving to Shenyang in the early morning for a 30 hour train ride to GUZ... She asks what I want to bring for food and I said 'noodles is enough'... then she asked about the Gou Qi Jiu we have brewing and I said 'there are plenty of Pepsi [plastic] bottles to fill'... she says in response did I want to fill ALL OF THEM? well, it was about 20 bottles and she knows my insatiable agreement with chinese jiu... I told her; who cares, we can buy Jiu anywhere... and then she snorts like a bull and says "who can trust that jiu"... I just suddenly think.. that is why I truly love her... I'll keep in touch