"Don't Worry, you have plenty of time"

Argghhhhhhhh.........

So when we got home last night, the the building reception desk calls and says we have an EMS package. No packages expected. It can't be GUZ already?

My wife goes down to get it, "Yep it is from Guangzhou". They need a detailed resume from my wife. The one they said they didn't need two weeks ago.

So my wife and I will spend time today and tonight revising her resume to address specifically what they ask for in the resume.

We will then email it tonight. Normally, I am not a man of few words but for now, all I can say is "Argghhhhhhh....."

Hang in there buddy. Give em what they ask for and never NEVER try and make sense of what they do. Your ordeal will end in success, just focus on your goal and not the road there. You may get sea sick, otherwise.

tsap seui

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argghhhhhhhh.........

So when we got home last night, the the building reception desk calls and says we have an EMS package. No packages expected. It can't be GUZ already?

My wife goes down to get it, "Yep it is from Guangzhou". They need a detailed resume from my wife. The one they said they didn't need two weeks ago.

So my wife and I will spend time today and tonight revising her resume to address specifically what they ask for in the resume.

We will then email it tonight. Normally, I am not a man of few words but for now, all I can say is "Argghhhhhhh....."

Hang in there buddy. Give em what they ask for and never NEVER try and make sense of what they do. Your ordeal will end in success, just focus on your goal and not the road there. You may get sea sick, otherwise.

tsap seui

A wise man, indeed!

So three emails later, they finally bother to send me an email back saying, yes they received it and they don't need anything else. Our government at work..........

I can only tell you that this will work out for you guys. Time wise?...Now that is anybodys guess.

Wish I had better to tell you. Just try to take it in stride, knowing that you will one day have what you seek. You had a good case, had this glitch and knew it, even prepared for it.

It will work out. Keep your spirits high.

tsap seui

tsap seui

Thanks, actually I am fine. She complains to me, I complain here, it is the natural order of things...........

tsap seui

Thanks, actually I am fine. She complains to me, I complain here, it is the natural order of things...........

Thanks for this thread!! It is very very very informative and helpful! My husband has his interview on July 11th and I will pass this onto him

I do have a question for you tho... I was told by the lawyers to photocopy all our EOR docs (phone records, plane tickets, traveling docs.. etc.) and drop off both sets (original and photocopies) during the document drop off day? Is that necessary? And do they return the originals to you after the interview?

Thanks Beachey!

Thanks for this thread!! It is very very very informative and helpful! My husband has his interview on July 11th and I will pass this onto him

I do have a question for you tho... I was told by the lawyers to photocopy all our EOR docs (phone records, plane tickets, traveling docs.. etc.) and drop off both sets (original and photocopies) during the document drop off day? Is that necessary? And do they return the originals to you after the interview?

Thanks Beachey!

In my opinion and experience, you should have copies of everything you ever submitted with you for the interview. However, at least in our experience, they will only ask for specific documents at document intake and will take only that(as listed in the P3/P4 documentation). This is typically: notarized copies of birth certificate, marriage certificate, and police report; the medical information; the I-864 and supporting documents (tax returns). At the actual interview, they almost always ask to look at pictures. The additional documentation is typically not needed but blue slips have been successfully avoided by having the additional documentation available. It is insurance and it is better to be over-prepared.

This also why the advice is to front load the I-130. This is the only way to ensure the information is reviewed prior to the interview.

bring them all . they will only take what they want . by the way, for tax returns, they want ALL three years !!! even though NVC accepted the only most recent year I sent in ( 2010 ). Please bring all three years during the documents intake . They require all three years.

They also took my employment letter, and pay stub .

• 1 month later...

Sent an inquiry Friday, got the following reply today:

Please be advised that your beneficiary's case is stillunder administrative processing. Though we do not have an exact date as to whenwe will finish this processing, we will inform your beneficiary with detailedinstructions by mail once her case is ready for further action. Please adviseyour beneficiary wait with patience.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

Do they realize they are referring to my Chinese wife?

Do they realize they are referring to my Chinese wife?

They use exact same writing style to similar inquiries. Even though I believe they refer to your wife in their reply. With patience, you have a plenty of time from the view of Guangzhou. But from me, wish you hear from them soon so that you can make a plan for the future ahead. I received my green card last week. It is about five weeks after my POE. So far it is done.

• 3 weeks later...

So 90 days, 8 hours, and 30 minutes( not that I was counting ) from my wife coming out of the interview, what is waiting for us on our dining table when we get home but a Blue EMS envelope (the Ayie was here today).

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!