July Interview Group

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancee passed her interview today!! :)

I went up to the 5th floor a few times this week for a good but stressful reason :) More to come!!

http://i28.tinypic.com/2mruqv6.jpg

Co
ng
ra
tu
la
ti
on
s
!!

http://i1.tinypic.com/3ygwmdz.gif

I would like to thank everyone, especially you, Randy, for giving me the courage and valuable information about the consulate. I had to use all that information to pull through! Please see my post: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43676-down-to-the-wire-guangzhou-k-1-approval-experience/

BEST OF LUCK to ifearyeti and his fiance.

Their doc intake is tomorrow and interview on Wednesday!

Thanks Andy.We did ok. Fang got about 20 questions, but they issued the Visa. Now I have to hope it shows up at the post office so I can get a plane back to work.

I sent an email to GUZ on July 1 asking about Fang's P4 and they said that it was already sent. I sent another email on July 7, and they just referred me to the answer they gave on the first email. Fang got the P4 on July 10, and the posted date was July 7.

Awesome. Congratulations to you and Fang! Very happy that everything went well.

Same thing here with emailing the consulate. 1st email said wait 3 months, 2nd email said refer to 1st email. Calling every morning and it is reaching 20 business days. It will likely be shipped before I find out over the phone, so patience is the virtue.

Are you waiting in Guangzhou? I hope it comes Friday...3 days max, setting you at Saturday (hopefully not Monday)

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Andy.We did ok. Fang got about 20 questions, but they issued the Visa. Now I have to hope it shows up at the post office so I can get a plane back to work.

I sent an email to GUZ on July 1 asking about Fang's P4 and they said that it was already sent. I sent another email on July 7, and they just referred me to the answer they gave on the first email. Fang got the P4 on July 10, and the posted date was July 7.

Congratulations ifearyeti!! Now get prepared for your training under the iron-fisted rule of a Chinese woman! :D

Great news on the pink slip. I am very happy for you.

July has been a great month for success.

Our passports with visas were in the CHina Post on the second day after the interview, Bullmastiff's wifes was there on the day after her interview. Good luck with the rest of the trip and have a happy life.

tsap seui

Our passports with visas were in the CHina Post on the second day after the interview, Bullmastiff's wifes was there on the day after her interview. Good luck with the rest of the trip and have a happy life.

tsap seui,

Glad to know that you got your visas the second day after the interview.

We're waiting for ours, and was wondering if your tracking number showed up at the EMS website? We've been tracking ours and no news. Tomorrow would be 3 days since our interview. Would you suggest we go to the post office tomorrow and make an inquiry?

tsap seui,

Glad to know that you got your visas the second day after the interview.

We're waiting for ours, and was wondering if your tracking number showed up at the EMS website? We've been tracking ours and no news. Tomorrow would be 3 days since our interview. Would you suggest we go to the post office tomorrow and make an inquiry?

I never thought about tracking the EMS number, we just called China Post each day. I just asked my dear funny wife what their number was, thinking she had written it down....it way in her memory bank in her head 02011185 Plus, she says that number is on your pink slip. Oh yeah, you need to call morning and afternoon. Ours came in on the afternoon before the day we picked it up, we had called in the morning and got busy playin' a bedroom game and forgot to call in the afternoon. :lol:

We lucked out and got ours quickly but we anticipated it taking a long time as often folks like us who had denials at their first interviews generally take a long time to get their passports and visas.

Good luck with your's. The China post is also open on Sundays for anyone that needs that info.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I never thought about tracking the EMS number, we just called China Post each day. I just asked my dear funny wife what their number was, thinking she had written it down....it way in her memory bank in her head 02011185 Plus, she says that number is on your pink slip. Oh yeah, you need to call morning and afternoon. Ours came in on the afternoon before the day we picked it up, we had called in the morning and got busy playin' a bedroom game and forgot to call in the afternoon. :lol:

We lucked out and got ours quickly but we anticipated it taking a long time as often folks like us who had denials at their first interviews generally take a long time to get their passports and visas.

Good luck with your's. The China post is also open on Sundays for anyone that needs that info.

tsap seui

Thanks tsap seui,

My fiancee called just now and was told they have not received it. But we learnt that we can call 24 hours a day. We'll call tomorrow.

Good night!

Bobby

EMS China English language tracking, if you want to check there. It won't show up on any of the other EMS sites.

http://www.ems.com.cn/english-main.jsp

The verification code never works for me the first time

Thanks Randy,

My fiancee called the EMS phone number last night and got a live operator. She was told the package is not in their system yet. We tracked the package on the Chinese site the past few days and found nothing. It wasn't a problem with the verification code. We tried multiple times. I tried the English site a few minutes ago as you suggested and came up with nothing either.

My fiancee said she remember seeing a sign at the station where she filled out her EMS label which says in Chinese something like "the earliest you'll receive the package is Friday". So I hope we'll hear something today. I'm getting impatient :D

By the way, my fiancee had her 3 shots yesterday and was given a white envelope addressed to USCIS. It's about a third of the size of the medical report envelope. I'm for sure it's only for her vaccination, and since k-1 does not require vaccination for visa approval, I'm tempted not to turn it in at the POE. I'm going to hold on to it until her interview for AOS. That would be one less piece of document to get lost in their system. What do you think?

It's about a third of the size of the medical report envelope. I'm for sure it's only for her vaccination, and since k-1 does not require vaccination for visa approval, I'm tempted not to turn it in at the POE. I'm going to hold on to it until her interview for AOS. That would be one less piece of document to get lost in their system. What do you think?

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I am thinking if that envelope is addressed to USCIS, then you wouldn't turn it in at the POE anyway. The reason I have that thought is CBP and USCIS are different agencies and it's CBP who is staffing the POE.

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

My fiancee called the EMS phone number last night and got a live operator. She was told the package is not in their system yet. We tracked the package on the Chinese site the past few days and found nothing. It wasn't a problem with the verification code. We tried multiple times. I tried the English site a few minutes ago as you suggested and came up with nothing either.

I have never been able to get the English version of EMS tracking to work. I always have to get me wife to enter the info on the Chinese side and it works everytime.

Great news on the pink slip. I am very happy for you.

July has been a great month for success.

My buddy who I work with here just emailed me. His wife got pink today. I am very happy for him though it makes my wife's and I wait in AP just a little harder.