We got the visa!

Just wanted to tell everyone that my wife got her visa last Friday on April 20th.

They didn't look at a single document and only asked about five softball questions. When the interview was over they handed my wife all the evidence that I submitted with the I-130 and all photos.

We are now waiting for the visa to arrive in the mail by EMS.

Congrats, that is awesome. When are you headed to the States?

We are thinking of going back to the US in the middle of October. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a passport processed and mailed from the embassy?

Congrats, that is awesome. When are you headed to the States?

We are thinking of going back to the US in the middle of October. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get a passport processed and mailed from the embassy?

I figured you would wait until after your anniversary. I am really happy for the both of you.

Very happy for your guys. Have a lovely life together. She will get her visa in three days by mail. You can track it through http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryNewAction.do?reqCode=gotoSearchE. I got mine in three days.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Very happy for your guys. Have a lovely life together. She will get her visa in three days by mail. You can track it through http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryNewAction.do?reqCode=gotoSearchE. I got mine in three days.

Congratulations to the two of you! It only took about three months to complete the whole process? Amazing. So, I have question before filing for my wife: How many days is the visa valid for? Do you have three months to enter the U.S. or six? Godspeed and enjoy your time!!

Congratulations to the two of you! It only took about three months to complete the whole process? Amazing. So, I have question before filing for my wife: How many days is the visa valid for? Do you have three months to enter the U.S. or six? Godspeed and enjoy your time!!

The visa will be good for 1 year after POE but you will have 6 months from date issued to arrive in US.

Edited by dan_ling (see edit history)