I797, Notice of action

Hey guys i have some questions, And hopefully someone can help, Today I received I-797 , notice of action, It is a approval notice for a I-129F application, My questions are as follows
#1 on the 797 it says Valid 05-09-11 to 09-09-11, What does that meen excatly?

#2 Will I be notified of what I need to do next? If yes, How long does this usually take?

#3 What will I have to do next?

#4 Will they advise me of my finance,s interview date? Or will they contact her directly? And how will they contact her? Mail or e-mail?

I really thank everyone in advance for any help here, Thanks Brian, P.S. case assigned to Guangzhou,

Hey guys i have some questions, And hopefully someone can help, Today I received I-797 , notice of action, It is a approval notice for a I-129F application, My questions are as follows

#1 on the 797 it says Valid 05-09-11 to 09-09-11, What does that meen excatly?

#2 Will I be notified of what I need to do next? If yes, How long does this usually take?

#3 What will I have to do next?

#4 Will they advise me of my finance,s interview date? Or will they contact her directly? And how will they contact her? Mail or e-mail?

I really thank everyone in advance for any help here, Thanks Brian, P.S. case assigned to Guangzhou,

Welcome to the land of never endings questions.

1. I'm assuming that you already have the NOA1 as we call it, which the USCIS sent you as reciving the I-129F packet.

2. What you received is the NOA2, notice of approval of your petition, the next step is the NVC (FBI) Name Check, takes as long as a couple of weeks, though most take less than 5 days before the petitions is sent to GUZ.

3. I would suggest reviewing the Link&Resources menu at the top of home page, "Interview Preperations", it very important to review everything listed there. This information is both you and her and what is needed in the days that follow leading up to the interview.

Do ask questions at anything, most eveybody has been through what you about to go through.

Good Luck,

Chris

1 ignore the expiration, the consulate always extends it if cannot interview before it expires. In many cases if a denial for relationship occurs USCIS considers it expired and tells you to try again.

2 Nothing for you the petitioner to do next NVC may send you a note saying case sent to Guangzho.

3 Start preparing your I-134 affidavit of support the consulate will expect (copies of past 3 years IRS returns, copies of past 6 months pay stubs, and a letter from employer)

4 first they will mail fiancee an instruction packet she will mail back 2 things, then they will mail her an interview packet.

MORE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

1 ignore the expiration, the consulate always extends it if cannot interview before it expires. In many cases if a denial for relationship occurs USCIS considers it expired and tells you to try again.

2 Nothing for you the petitioner to do next NVC may send you a note saying case sent to Guangzho.

3 Start preparing your I-134 affidavit of support the consulate will expect (copies of past 3 years IRS returns, copies of past 6 months pay stubs, and a letter from employer)

4 first they will mail fiancee an instruction packet she will mail back 2 things, then they will mail her an interview packet.

MORE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

What two items will they ask my finace for?

MORE: http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

OF-169 and DS-230 (Part 1)

They will be filled out and mailed to the consulate here:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

MORE: http://guangzhou.use...and_packets.htm

OF-169 and DS-230 (Part 1)

They will be filled out and mailed to the consulate here:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Thank you so much for your help here, But I still have a few questions, When we filed our I-129F appliction we provided certified and translated copies of my fiances records, Birth certificates, ect, Will she need to provide them again in the instruction packet for Guangzhou? If so i need to mail them back to her, But I am not sure if she needs to provide them again since they were allready in our application, Can you clear this up for me? And does she need to pay another 350.00 before her interview? I am a bit fuzzy on this too. Thanks Brian

Thank you so much for your help here, But I still have a few questions, When we filed our I-129F appliction we provided certified and translated copies of my fiances records, Birth certificates, ect, Will she need to provide them again in the instruction packet for Guangzhou? If so i need to mail them back to her, But I am not sure if she needs to provide them again since they were allready in our application, Can you clear this up for me? And does she need to pay another 350.00 before her interview? I am a bit fuzzy on this too. Thanks Brian

I-129F does not call for or require foreign birth cert, and translation, this is required by the consulate, and later when adjusting status in the USA.

Study the OF-169 link above, it details what will need to be turned in at consulate prior to interview, so send it along with I-134 to her for the interview.

You paid USCIS (DHS) a fee to process the I-129F petition this is not a visa fee, later the Consulate (DOS) need to be paid a fee for the visa $350. http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/fees.html

Your I-134 should have attached to it (Copy of past 3 years simple IRS Transcripts, or copies of returns (1040/W2/1099...) and copies of recent pay stubs going back at least 6 months, and an employer letter. MORE: http://www.visajourney.com/content/support