looking for a range hood

RobertH

were looking to upgrade our range hood right now we have a very cheap one that doesn't really move any air.

we don't have a large kitchen but as you all know cooking chinese food put off a lot of smoke and oil into the air. I wanna stay in about the 300 dollar price range.

is a 400 cubic feet per minute good enough ?

were looking to upgrade our range hood right now we have a very cheap one that doesn't really move any air.

we don't have a large kitchen but as you all know cooking chinese food put off a lot of smoke and oil into the air. I wanna stay in about the 300 dollar price range.

Where does your current range hood vent? Do you want to keep it the same?

Ours is 14.5 m3/min = 508 cfm - more than enough for us since Jiaying mostly uses water to cook.

I'll take this as the time to mention Pacair range hood.

I have to agree. I shopped around, and $ per cfm this is the cheapest I could find.

The reason it is cheaper (imo) is it has 2 350 cfm motors instead of 1 700 cfm motor.

We use it, and honestly even with both fans on full speed it doesn't vent as much air as I'd like, but without spending a LOT more it is the best I could get.

my current range hood is very bad I think it most it does 120 cubic feet per minute. I want 1 like the condo we stadium in nanchang it was great you could start a small forest fire underneath that thing and it would have vented out all the smoke.

I clicked on the link you provided and look at that range hood it looks pretty nice but it is it wired for american power or chinese power ?

We have a standard range hood in our kitchen. It doesn't even come close to keeping up with Chinese cooking. Spend the bucks to get one that will suck the chrome off of a bumper. Pac Air is probably the best for the money.

I clicked on the link you provided and look at that range hood it looks pretty nice but it is it wired for american power or chinese power ?

mine came wired for 120, in fact they are in stock at our local asian grocery store (if your near austin)

my current range hood is very bad I think it most it does 120 cubic feet per minute. I want 1 like the condo we stadium in nanchang it was great you could start a small forest fire underneath that thing and it would have vented out all the smoke.

Mebbe a dumb question, but I've gotta ask it anyway.

Bubba, is your current range hood vented through the wall to the outside?

tsap seui

You might want to try to untroduce your wife to alternative styles of cooking, as with water instead of oil like Randy's wife. My wife cooks the standard hot oil Chinese way, but with our American burners not giving off the high heat as Chinese propane burners there isn't quite the atomizing of oil.

At any rate, if you get a Pacair or high-sucking hood, I suggest that you get a drop vent for it so that it's closer to the stove. Most American hoods are designed to have a microwave with them so when installing a Pacair it will be a several inches higher. High CPM exhaust vents require that you also use a larger diameter vent (10"Dia is common).

Mebbe a dumb question, but I've gotta ask it anyway.

Bubba, is your current range hood vented through the wall to the outside?

tsap seui

Not too dumb. I've seen some that just suck air in above the stove and blow it out in your face. It *may* capture a bit of oil in the filter, but that's all.

Yessir, that's why I had to ask, Don.

Being a builder/contractor I've run into many folks that thought a range hood was a range hood, period. Lots of builders cut corners and put those range hoods in that just use a filter media and re-circulate the air.

If all you are cooking is water, they probably work okay.

Robert may well know if it vents outside or not.

I've installed many of the vent kits for homeowners who found out what their builder had done to them.

The gal I was going with after my last divorce bought a house that had one of those phony vents. I used to stand in front of it when she was cooking breakfast - I got enough oil in my hair I was able to quit buying Brylcreme.

Now Don, that's the kind of "down home" type story we need more of here on Candle.

Ya reckon ol' Robere is gettin' an oil change on his extended forehead when the lil' lady cooks him a mess of fish heads and rice?

tsap seui