May interview group.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new here been over at Visa journey since July 2010. Great site now I am scared about her interview it is May 9th and 10th. Finally go it, but now the fun really starts. I always wanted to be there for that day. I decided to go last December so I have 3 trips in the past 13 months. Her interview should have been done by now but the attorney screwed up at NVC stage and mailed in the documents 2x they lost them both times. He finally did what I wanted done back in November and that was file electronically. That cost us a few months. Plus an RFE for 3 weeks at the USCIS. So do attorney's help not really they hurt more than help. I didn't know what to expect at this interview from what I have read they are not the kindest people working there. Anyone know what a parent should write about 2 adults getting married. I mean I am 47 she is 30. Oh they are a wonderful couple? I have no idea, but my Mom will write something for me if I ask her to just seems like the consulate is treating us like kids. Thanks in advance! I am looking for sample letters from friends and relative as to what to write for us either from her or my family they will do what ever to help us out.

Received notice Sunday 16 April, that wife has Interview 4 May, turn in documents 3 May.

Well lookey here!! Look who has done snuck up on a dadgum interview.

Best of luck to you hillbilly and to yore blushin' bride. I hope all ends well for you both.

tsap seui

I am new here been over at Visa journey since July 2010. Great site now I am scared about her interview it is May 9th and 10th. Finally go it, but now the fun really starts. I always wanted to be there for that day. I decided to go last December so I have 3 trips in the past 13 months. Her interview should have been done by now but the attorney screwed up at NVC stage and mailed in the documents 2x they lost them both times. He finally did what I wanted done back in November and that was file electronically. That cost us a few months. Plus an RFE for 3 weeks at the USCIS. So do attorney's help not really they hurt more than help. I didn't know what to expect at this interview from what I have read they are not the kindest people working there. Anyone know what a parent should write about 2 adults getting married. I mean I am 47 she is 30. Oh they are a wonderful couple? I have no idea, but my Mom will write something for me if I ask her to just seems like the consulate is treating us like kids. Thanks in advance! I am looking for sample letters from friends and relative as to what to write for us either from her or my family they will do what ever to help us out.

At this point there is not much to do but do the interview, at the interview it is very rare for them to look at anything else that was not included in the initial petition. The sworn affidavits from friends and relatives get filed with I-130..

Received notice Sunday 16 April, that wife has Interview 4 May, turn in documents 3 May.

Well lookey here!! Look who has done snuck up on a dadgum interview.

Best of luck to you hillbilly and to yore blushin' bride. I hope all ends well for you both.

tsap seui

Thanks tsap, I waited all winter hoping for an Interview date before I went for a visit, so I went

anyway in March to 19 April. I called DOS before I left, but they said documents were still in Customs,( that is code for still sitting in the DHL warehouse). Wife and I practice possible questions every night, so she will do very good, she knows some of the stuff better than I do. Met up with Scott and Lihong, that got their Visa approved 25 March, and another couple I have been talking with often, that got their Visa approved 12 April. Be glad when this process is over with, I am one tired Old Hillbilly..........

Do not worry about the Interview, or past attorney screw ups, etc.. You have a few more days to practice question and answers. Help give your girl confidense. I tell my girl, no small replys to questions. Show them you know more than a simple answer, and be confident. Best of Luck.....

Do not worry about the Interview, or past attorney screw ups, etc.. You have a few more days to practice question and answers. Help give your girl confidense. I tell my girl, no small replys to questions. Show them you know more than a simple answer, and be confident. Best of Luck.....

Thanks I will let her know no small replies some people said keep it short and simple. I guess it depends on the questions and the officers attitude. I just pray she passes.

The short replys gave us a couple of red flags at the first Interview. My girl new very well about my 28 year work history, but the short reply seemed she did not know.

Another question was "how many times I had send money". This question was asked twice, and my girl answered both time, "5", which was correct, 1 time bank transfer, and 4 times Western Union. I believe the Interviewer did not see the copy of the bank transfer, only the 4 Western Union copies.............

I can't believe that a small mistake like that caused a denial

There s got to be other circumstancial matter that leads to denial

Not just these 2 questions, but not having a good total case, with a few other small things can add up to a denial. When I first got into this process, not knowing very much of anything of what the "real" requirements were, was a big no no.

The Interviewer made a negative comment about my white beard. Has been white for many years. My girl colors her hair often, which makes her look alot younger than she is. On our new photos, she did not color her hair.

That's the problem what's a good case? Going there getting married lots of wedding photos and stuff. If you can't show them photos from and everything you've done in the past 15 months the beginning of the marriage we just had emails. I sent 1.7 lbs of stuff today to add to the pile I brought with me in December. I just hope they will let her submit everything the day before the interview so they can see everything.

I have read as much as possible here on what has been negative for other people at Interviews, and their cases. Things change at Guangzhou from day to day, and Interviewer to Interviewer, so all we can do is present as much stuff as we think is what they really want. I sent a few photos of each year of our 4 year relationship, email, and yahoo messenger logs, and samples that we can and do communicate easy now. I feel it is important that my wife knows as much as possible of my life present and past, and can show this to the Interviewer.

I feel it is important that my wife knows as much as possible of my life present and past, and can show this to the Interviewer.

This is the most important thing you can do to prepare for interview, have fiance/wife know everything about you present and past, marriages, children, divorces, parents, etc etc.