What should I do?

Electronic processing is THE BOMB!!!

QUICK!!! In five weeks of her P-2 approval I could have my wife's case ready for interview. I'm impressed with the NVC and electronic processing.

NVC answered me in less than 24 hours and said it was sorry it could not delay the interview for my son.

His interview is set for April 21st.!!!!

I'll have to send GUZ an e-mail asking for an interview date with his mom....whenever she even gets her P-2.

I figure letting him interview as scheduled is only going to produce a blue slip depending upon his mom's successful interview.

Oh yeah, a really cool thing, they are calling his case an IR-2 case. So mom is now officially an IR-1 case....I love it!!!

Thanks everyone.

tsap seui

Calling NVC would be for nothing. They have completed their work and throw it to Guangzhou. You are right, it is the time to talk with Guangzhou.

How about like this? You send Guangzhou an email inquiring if they can postpone your stepson's interview to wait for your wife's. From my experience, they will try to make it (I asked them to reschedule my interview right after a certain time, and they did). If they say they could not or not sure, I think it is better to let your stepson interviewed first. As others' saying, the worst is that he receives a blue slip. Certainly if he gets a pink, you need to take care of him before his mother arrives in USA or other choices (which is not to be worried now).

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that you should just let your son's IR2 petition roll on. Even though they are separate petitions and you have to provide many of the same docs you do for the IR1, your son's IR2 is derivative of your wife's IR1. I believe they will tie the two back together some time before the interview date. At least that's what they did with my wife and daughters petitions, although we went through HK and not GUZ, it was NVC that eventually tied them together before the interview. But like previously stated, best case, son's interview date pulls mom's petition through the pipeline to catch up and worst case he gets a blue to wait for mom. For all his faults, I do think uncle sam will keep the two petitions close together somehow.

Thanks to you all who replied.

I do see your logic about letting the interview date stand and having the son go to it. Yes, I could fly over for that interview, then fly home to finish up the wife's USCIS and NVC work, and then fly back for her interview.

Our son is at a critical stage of his schooling as he prepares for exams that will get him into high school. This is the fly in the ointment for us. He can't afford to take off for one interview date, much less two.

I fell that at his interview they will likely pass him, but with a blue slip to await his mom's visa so they can travel together. I just can't take the chance that they"might" let him get his visa first and then he can stay home while his mom and I attend her interview.

So, I'm gonna wait a bit and send the e-mail to GUZ explaining the story, maybe even ask what they suggest, but most likely cancel his interview date and wait for her paperwork to catch up to his for a joint interview like it should have been anyhow.

Another problem with the long time it has taken for the USCIS to process his mom's case is that in May and June it is extremely critical for our son to NOT miss ANY school days.I may well have to ask for a July interview date for both of them as I don't know what the outcome of the interviews are going to be and I just can't let this kid get his schooling and grades messed up just because he "might" get a visa.

With the time dwindling down now it's looking like a July interview date is in store for us.

On the USCIS home front I have sent letters asking for help getting USCIS to decide the wife's case one way or the other, to President Obama, the CIS Ombudsman, the departmental head of USCIS, Janet Napolitano, and my congressmans liaison has put in her 5th congressional inquiry on the case.

Over the time I have also had 3 different service requests, talked to second level USCIS officers at the phone bank, and as I mentioned had 4 congressional inquiries.

I did get a one day responce on my last service request and it does look like our case is now back in California, where it started from. I was told by a second level officer that when I see our case back in California that it shouldn't be much longer before they make a decision.

One can hope.

Thanks again for the advice folks, we just have the son's schooling that is greatly influencing what we can and can't do with interview dates. It would be cool to let him go to interview and see what happens, if the interview was only during a time of a school break.

tsap seui

If time is an important factor in determining your bon afide relationship, than my god man, you of all people should have had your wifes visa along time ago. They sure have not made your journey easy my friend and just keep dragging you along, Tsap your wait is drawing closer to a end everyday and soon this long fought out battle with these A holes will be over.Hopefully your wife and son will be interveiwed together , are these people really that dumb that they cant put this together, really makes you wonder sometimes what the hell really goes on there

If time is an important factor in determining your bon afide relationship, than my god man, you of all people should have had your wifes visa along time ago. They sure have not made your journey easy my friend and just keep dragging you along, Tsap your wait is drawing closer to a end everyday and soon this long fought out battle with these A holes will be over.Hopefully your wife and son will be interveiwed together , are these people really that dumb that they cant put this together, really makes you wonder sometimes what the hell really goes on there

Thanks for the words TK.

YOu know, you just have to take stuff like this one day at a time. Lil' rabbit and I have had to put together a lot of one days at a time to get this far. We both know our time is getting near....that one way or the other we WILL be together.

Being under the gun for so long has developed and tempered our relationship with so much more maturity than we could have gotten had we gotten a quick easy visa over 4 years ago.

We, luckily, have found what is truly important in our lives and relationship, and it only partially has anything to do with some visa.

We have found peace within each other. Our conversations are spent laughing and planning for the soon to be day that we start living together, not fretting over this P-2 jazz. She knows I will do everything in my power to make it happen and we don't waste much time discussing the sorry matter, not when there is so much good in life.

Take care ol' buddy, I htink about you from time to time and I hope you find who and what you're looking for.

tsap seui

Tsap, I'm am completely dumbfounded by all of this. I have read your posts and I simply don't know why GUZ is putting you through the ringer for so long. I hate that for you guys. . .

Tsap, my friend, my heart goes out to you and the Lil Rabbit. The fact that the bozos at all stops along the visa way have fouled up repeatedly borders on both the criminal and the insane. It long ago passed into the absurd. I really admire the maturity, patience, and yes, the nobility you and your lady have shown in fighting this battle. The complications of your son's schooling, testing, and grades should arouse a degree of compassion in the powers that be but then, that is asking for the miraculous. Our thoughts, hopes, and especially our prayers are with you as you wait out the final leg of this mess. About the only positive to glean at this point is that you have to be near the end of the line by now - they have no reason to make you wait much longer - (of course, they have no reason to make you wait as long as you have). Hang in there good buddy - we love you and care about you.

MY opinion only:

DON'T DON'T DON'T let the son's petition go on !!!!!!

What if GUZ approves it and not the mom's??????

The son should go to the US without the mom???

They are a package deal on some level, for immigration... don't play any GUZ games.

The wife obviously has some problem... In the long past, we would say that "maybe" there is 'TPC' (third party correspondence). This is always possible... but keep the mother and child together !

Tsap, I'm am completely dumbfounded by all of this. I have read your posts and I simply don't know why GUZ is putting you through the ringer for so long. I hate that for you guys. . .

Thanks for the thoughts Kyle.

I think we're gonna be okay once we can get my wife to the interview. Yes, in the past GUZ did us a number in a couple of sort of ways but right now it's just that our paperwork has fallen through a crack with USCIS. Soon we should get the P-2 and then I can speed her case through NVC and get both cases together for her interview.

We'll cross our fingers this time and hope the interview is positive.

Thanks again.

tsap seui

Tsap, my friend, my heart goes out to you and the Lil Rabbit. The fact that the bozos at all stops along the visa way have fouled up repeatedly borders on both the criminal and the insane. It long ago passed into the absurd. I really admire the maturity, patience, and yes, the nobility you and your lady have shown in fighting this battle. The complications of your son's schooling, testing, and grades should arouse a degree of compassion in the powers that be but then, that is asking for the miraculous. Our thoughts, hopes, and especially our prayers are with you as you wait out the final leg of this mess. About the only positive to glean at this point is that you have to be near the end of the line by now - they have no reason to make you wait much longer - (of course, they have no reason to make you wait as long as you have). Hang in there good buddy - we love you and care about you.

Mick, you are a friend and I appreciate that fact.

This wait....oh the wait. Ya know, it's almost like Nam again. I am so far over my head that if there wasn't a God I'd have to invent one to keep a grasp on sanity.I have reverted back to my teachings in AA and the 12 steps. I have had to 3rd step this wait..."let go and let God". I have to believe that there is a plan for lil' rabbit and I and our son, that GUZ and the USCIS are just tools being used in this plan.

I don't stay on my knees as I believe we must be men of action, so I try everything I can dream up or think of or read about to further our case along the line.

I reckon if'n I didn't have this gift of a belief in a plan for us that I'd probably be about 10 sheets in the wind insane about now as my PTSD would love to kick in on this one.

They will get this USCIS stuff straightened out and we'll be okay.

Thanks again, and take care of yo bad self, ya heah?

tsap seui

Hey Tsap, just my two cents, but I think you are making a good call keeping the two of them together.

Best wishes going forward!

Thanks Ryan and good luck to you also.

With our situation there really is only one choice and that is to keep the cases together.

tsap seui

MY opinion only:

They are a package deal on some level, for immigration... don't play any GUZ games.

The wife obviously has some problem... In the long past, we would say that "maybe" there is 'TPC' (third party correspondence). This is always possible... but keep the mother and child together !

David, I appreciate your opinion and trust me, those two cases HAVE to be together. Whatever it takes or how long it takes they will HAVE to interview together. In this particular situation there will be no game playing with GUZ.

In all honesy I don't feel that my wife has a problem other than her case got overlooked somehow and put on the bottom of a stack or something. She has been approved by USCIS back in 2006 and again in 2009 by them. I have no fears that she or I have anything in our records that would make us be denied at the USCIS. I have no criminal record and neither does she....now could one of our names be close to someone who has been in trouble? Maybe.

Ago we were always afraid of a potential 3rd party interference but no more. I think right now and with the USCIS it's just a paperwork blunder and lackadasical work ethic, nothing more.

tsap seui

MY opinion only:

David, I appreciate your opinion and trust me, those two cases HAVE to be together. Whatever it takes or how long it takes they will HAVE to interview together. In this particular situation there will be no game playing with GUZ.

In all honesy I don't feel that my wife has a problem other than her case got overlooked somehow and put on the bottom of a stack or something. She has been approved by USCIS back in 2006 and again in 2009 by them. I have no fears that she or I have anything in our records that would make us be denied at the USCIS. I have no criminal record and neither does she....now could one of our names be close to someone who has been in trouble? Maybe.

Ago we were always afraid of a potential 3rd party interference but no more. I think right now and with the USCIS it's just a paperwork blunder and lackadasical work ethic, nothing more.

tsap seui

Re-reading, I probably should not of said "problem"... I meant to imply some sort of holdup is occurring. But when one sees long delays it can be the 'paper weight' blunder or oversight. Let's hope it just gets jarred and moves on. If they have some issue, it has to come out eventually but all you can do is be the squeaky wheel wanting some oil.

And I didn't mean you playing games; I meant that GUZ will do stuff which makes no sense. like say if you let the son's go forward, then what if they really approved it and then the mom's doesn't move and then the six months of the visa expiration is approaching, etc... GUZ has not problem with issuing that visa and then seeing you lose it because they didn't get the mom's processed. I meant; don't give GUZ any games or any reason to play one on you.

Keep it simple: Keep them together. That's my point.

Edited by david_dawei (see edit history)