Interview experience

Thank you all very much for your good wishes. We will work on how to build a great life in US.

congrat ! who approved the waiver ? was it USCIS in GZ or Consulate ? Heard that only USCIS can approve a waiver.

I did not file a waiver. A waiver would be Form 601 with $585 fee to USCIS.

I think what they did is called "SAO check". If you can not go through SAO, it may end with a waiver. But as others said, most people can overcome CCP issue at Guangzhou. The good thing, for me and others with similar situation, is that now we know the process could be done less than 2 months without exteral push/nterference.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Thank you all very much for your good wishes. We will work on how to build a great life in US.

congrat ! who approved the waiver ? was it USCIS in GZ or Consulate ? Heard that only USCIS can approve a waiver.

I did not file a waiver. A waiver would be Form 601 with $585 fee to USCIS.

I think what they did is called "SAO check". If you can not go through SAO, it may end with a waiver. But as others said, most people can overcome CCP issue at Guangzhou. The good thing, for me and others with similar situation, is that now we know the process could be done less than 2 months without exteral push/nterference.

Its great to hear they are speeding this up! In this digital age, the check should be able to be done at the computer instantaneously, or after doc intake, OR better yet, when the original app is filed as part of the USCIS name check (DUH!). But the US Gov goes out of its way to do everything as inefficiently and costly as possible.

Lee

Congrats to you 3! 57 days is very fast, I hope ours can also go this fast! My wife is working on her statement as we speak, guess she should make sure to be clear about her views of CCP and her lack of any type of involvement.

Hope your case goes faster than us. Yes, make the statement clear. No any involvement/position except paying dues and for work purpose. Also keep it short and concise. If you can add a statement, I think it will be helpful. My husband did, which is also short.

This came up again during our AOS interview so be sure to bring the statement with you to the AOS interview and be prepared to answer any questions again there. It was one of the 4 questions we were asked at the interview so it is something they flag for follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

My interview went well and pretty quickly although I was given a blue slip due to CCP, which was predicted.

Here are the questions she (the visa officer) asked:

1) Do you speak English? (Yes)

2) When did you meet your husband? (2005)

3) When were you married? (2008) Is it your first marriage? (Yes, both of us). Show me original marriage certificate. (Hand in). She took a serious look at the certificate and returned it to me.

4) What did you do when you were in USA? (I worked and studied in USA before)

5) Do you two have a baby? (Yes)

6) Are you a CCP member? (Yes, hand in statements from me and my husband, and she took them). Do you have resume? (Hand in) She looked but did not take it and she said they need more information and further processing.

7) I asked how long it takes. She said a couple of weeks, depends on cases.

No pictures, emails and other documents were asked. Here is my question: They ask for "degree to which you accept(ed) the structure, goals, methods, and practices of the party". Should I answer it generally or need to address it specifically to each item? Thank you.