previous marriage

Hello Everyone,

I am getting ready to file the I-129f. I was married for a short time to a Chinese woman who wanted a ticket to America. Our marriage lasted 2 years. However, she ended the marriage before I filed for her 10 year green card. My question is, in my current application, should I include a letter explaining the situation of the previous marriage? And, Did I read correctly? The filing fee is $340.00? Thanks for the help.

Hello Everyone,

I am getting ready to file the I-129f. I was married for a short time to a Chinese woman who wanted a ticket to America. Our marriage lasted 2 years. However, she ended the marriage before I filed for her 10 year green card. My question is, in my current application, should I include a letter explaining the situation of the previous marriage? And, Did I read correctly? The filing fee is $340.00? Thanks for the help.

I am not sure what the filling fee is right now but to answer your question....YES.... include a detailed explination about your previous marrage. Make sure your Fiancee is well prepared to answer questions about her at the interview. I had a similar situation myself.

Robert

Hello Everyone,

Yes, a detailed evolution of relationship detailing all prior marriages.

Fee is $340

Search site for EOR or Evolution of Relationship

Hello Everyone,

Yes, a detailed evolution of relationship detailing all prior marriages.

Fee is $340

Search site for EOR or Evolution of Relationship

Also, isn't there a question on the I-129 form asking the petitioner if he has filed a petition for another alien?

Also, isn't there a question on the I-129 form asking the petitioner if he has filed a petition for another alien?

Yes, Part A, question 11

Yes, Part A, question 11

In answer to this question then this is a good time to attach the EOR.

FRONT LOADING!

Hello Everyone,

From your statement, you seem you knew your ex's real purpose of marrying you when you sponsored her. You may need to demonstrate this time is not the case in your statement. Also let your fianc¨¦e know the details, she will be asked to demonstrate the relationship while her interview. Also your petition should not be close to the end of your previous marriage.

Hello Everyone,

My advice would be to change your head, and your words about the previous marriage.

You can't read her mind, and should not even think that was the reason when dealing with the government, and trying to get a NEW wife to America.

"My previous wife and I tried to make our marriage work, but came into irreconcilable differences based around (SOMETHING). This marriage I have done (SOMETHING ELSE) to mitigate that problem, and I and (your lovely fiance) are looking forward to a long blissful life together."

When presenting information to the government it needs to contain none of your thoughts associated with the situation, just as factual and short as possible to address any issue that might make you look like a visa fraud. Your trying to address issues, not bring up issues for them to think about.

Your primary focus should be on this marriage and how in love you are, and how you are working together to make it the strongest marriage possible.

Hello Everyone,

My advice would be to change your head, and your words about the previous marriage.

You can't read her mind, and should not even think that was the reason when dealing with the government, and trying to get a NEW wife to America.

"My previous wife and I tried to make our marriage work, but came into irreconcilable differences based around (SOMETHING). This marriage I have done (SOMETHING ELSE) to mitigate that problem, and I and (your lovely fiance) are looking forward to a long blissful life together."

When presenting information to the government it needs to contain none of your thoughts associated with the situation, just as factual and short as possible to address any issue that might make you look like a visa fraud. Your trying to address issues, not bring up issues for them to think about.

Your primary focus should be on this marriage and how in love you are, and how you are working together to make it the strongest marriage possible.

I think this is spot on. You don't want to write some sort of accusatory rant about the past relationship. It didn't work out despite your attempts. What you did differently this time may be very worthwhile. The second time ought to look different; else it's the same as the other 1000 applicants a day and you've not change the approach.

Despite some of my time to think about how and why my first relationship did not work out, I kept it brief and to the point and focused on how this was different. My goal was mainly to show how very different this second relationship was. I also gave my ex's A#, SSN and current address. Now they don't have to blue slip my current wife for something like that.

The main issues that would concern me about your current relationship:

1. How you meet and the time difference between end of first relationship and start of second?

2. How long you have known her until the filing?

3. How many trips and how much time did you physically spend together until this filing?

3. Why file what your filing, K1? (You may appear as less sure to some)

These were the main points I focused on when I began my second relationship and which I did explain in my EOR.

Good luck.

Hello Everyone,

I also agree with credzba here. Too often, explanations come across as excuses. In particular, you don't want to be bringing up issues where none may have existed.

I also agree with credzba here. Too often, explanations come across as excuses. In particular, you don't want to be bringing up issues where none may have existed.

AND/OR issues which you maybe cannot really evidentially prove. The last thing you want to do is have a VO blue slip your lady to prove something you said about your ex !! You'll never live that day down.