Ah lil' update on the petition

In 5 days it will be 7 months of waiting to get lil' rabbit's P-2 from USCIS. Our son got his approval 3 weeks ago.

I've called the USCIS, starting after 5 1/2 months, got a service number from the operator and sent follow up e-mails....and...got no answers, told me to wait 30 dayz. I ain't no fool, I've pissed on that bush before and wasn't expecting any gold out of e-mails, etc.

As well, at the 5 1/2 mark, I contacted my congressman's liason and in 3 days I had an answer from her contact with USCIS in Texas. The reply said my wifes case was in security check and that they would look into our son's case.

I waited two weeks and boom, the son got approved. I sent in another request ot the liason and again in 3 days I had her responce from Texas....wife in security check.

This past week, without even contacting the liason I got another letter from her with Texas' responce to her inquiry....wife in secutiry check.

I feel like it won't be long now for my wife. I have contacted NVC and our son's case hasn't been entered into their computer as my fear was the cases wouldn't travel together. NVC told me not to fear, if I contacted them when both cases were with them they would put them together.

It looks like things have really slowed down with NVC. My son's approval letter said to wait 30 days for his case to be entered into the NVC computer. NVC operators say 10 to 15 days but it's looking longer than that.

I have wanted to OPTIN but have been stressed out as I could not figure out(after many hours of sweat and tryin') how to send large files in e-mails. Well, I got some help from Chawls and ANdrew, and last week I bought a scanner which will feed 50 or more pages at a time and it actually has prompts for me....Lord God ALmighty....PROMPTS!!!! I can do IT!!!!

No more stress about sending NVC e-mails. That may be old hat for most of you, but you ain't a dumb redneck like me. This is a BIG DEAL!!

Lil' rabit is very calm about the wait and as soon as we clear NVC I will be going home to be with her as we await the interview. I've sent $10,000 to cover all plane fares (to and fro Guangzhou from Shenyang, and to America for 3), stays in Guangzhou,, etc, etc, so we are ready now.

Things are falling into place. I am very happy about my congressional liason being so quick, and making an inquiry without my prompting her. Should we need her in the future I know she will not hesitate to at least send in inquirys.

I am a blessed man to have met my wife and our son. Our days are getting short now as to our freedom from this interuption into our bona fide relationship and the excitement is building in us, as hard as we try to keep it out of our minds. I'm just waiting on the transcripts and the proof of my VA income and after that the only hting to do is make a few clicks on my keyboard and send in the NVC stuff before hoppin' on the 777 to lil' rabbits waiting arms.

In 3 weeks we will celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary and it looks like an IR-1 is just around the corner.

Good luck to anyone in que, and good luck to you old married farts.

tsap seui

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad things are looking good for you guys now. I did not opt in on the electronic process. My computer, scanner, and my brain does not always work good. Best of Luck........ B)

Man, I hear you loud and clear about OPTIN. I have spent untold, and an embarrassing number of hours trying to figure what the hell to do.

Talked to this guy in town here who opened a computer shop. I took my laptop to him and my HP scanner/printer and told him, this is what I need to do for the National Visa Center....please, I will pay you handsomely, teach me HOW to do it.

He tried out my stuff and quickly saw I didn't have any prompts plus, could only scan one page at a time. I have 46 pages in one file, alone, of proof for my VA and SS income.

He sez to me, stap seui, you need to buy this software program from Adobe for $300 plus dollars, or, you can buy a scanner/printer that will prompt you all the way through, and it will hold and feed your scanner 50 sheets of paper...It costs $98, what do you want to do?

I now own a self feeding Lexmark scanner that sells for $300-$350. It just happened to be on sale from this small computer shops supplier. I LOVE IT!!! Touch screen, prompts, feeds itself, I love it like I love my blow up water buffalo.

No longer am I in fear of the NVC, shucks I may send them 600 pages of evidence, just like I sent the USCIS with our initial application.....OPPPS, sorry about that, just send it all over to the fine floks in Guangzhou, that's who I want to see all this crap.

Good luck to you, looks like you have an interview coming up soon.

tsap seui

Thanks Andrew, and Chawls, you ain't half a stoopid da man as Jane claims you is.

Go get 'em, tsapper.

Thanks Randy, Mick, and TK. We've got a heckuva nice family here. It's nice to have friends who understand this process, especially at a time like this, and what we've been through.

TK, good luck buddy, you know I'm pullin' for you and Highlander, and the rest of the gang whose in waiting. It ain't over till we ALL get our wimmin over here to Uncle Samville.

tsap Wait seui

Glad to hear that things are moving along in the process, although it may be slow and deliberate. Don't sweat the petitions traveling together. The same thing happened to me, daughter was approved and sent to NVC before wife but NVC will tie the two petitions together before they send them off to the consulate. Hang in there baby.

Glad to hear that things are moving along in the process, although it may be slow and deliberate. Don't sweat the petitions traveling together. The same thing happened to me, daughter was approved and sent to NVC before wife but NVC will tie the two petitions together before they send them off to the consulate. Hang in there baby.

I'm hangin Jeff. Good to hear it from a person who actually had the child's application get approved before the mom's. Two diffferent NVC operators told me it would be no problem, but your word means a LOT more to me.

Now that I can make PDF files and attach them to an e-mail, I feels like such a computer guru.

tsap seui

I'm hangin Jeff. Good to hear it from a person who actually had the child's application get approved before the mom's. Two diffferent NVC operators told me it would be no problem, but your word means a LOT more to me.

Now that I can make PDF files and attach them to an e-mail, I feels like such a computer guru.

tsap seui

I hurd dat cuzin tsap Bawb. Ain't nun of dem gummit werkers tawkin make me feel guud! You whoop that puter now ya heah?

Keep the faith cuzin tsapper - things is a gittin closter and closter it seems.

Absolutely, Tsap! I can't imagine all of the crap I mean waiting you've had to endure. If tests such as this promote patience, you must be the most patient man alive. I truly hope that all of this will soon be behind you. Hang in there buddy.

Glad things are looking good for you guys now. I did not opt in on the electronic process. My computer, scanner, and my brain does not always work good. Best of Luck........ B)

Man, I hear you loud and clear about OPTIN. I have spent untold, and an embarrassing number of hours trying to figure what the hell to do.

Talked to this guy in town here who opened a computer shop. I took my laptop to him and my HP scanner/printer and told him, this is what I need to do for the National Visa Center....please, I will pay you handsomely, teach me HOW to do it.

He tried out my stuff and quickly saw I didn't have any prompts plus, could only scan one page at a time. I have 46 pages in one file, alone, of proof for my VA and SS income.

He sez to me, stap seui, you need to buy this software program from Adobe for $300 plus dollars, or, you can buy a scanner/printer that will prompt you all the way through, and it will hold and feed your scanner 50 sheets of paper...It costs $98, what do you want to do?

I now own a self feeding Lexmark scanner that sells for $300-$350. It just happened to be on sale from this small computer shops supplier. I LOVE IT!!! Touch screen, prompts, feeds itself, I love it like I love my blow up water buffalo.

No longer am I in fear of the NVC, shucks I may send them 600 pages of evidence, just like I sent the USCIS with our initial application.....OPPPS, sorry about that, just send it all over to the fine floks in Guangzhou, that's who I want to see all this crap.

tsap seui

Thanks Andrew, and Chawls, you ain't half a stoopid da man as Jane claims you is.

Man on man cuzin tsapper - atair skannur fer ye cumputer muss-be sumpin' else! It takes uh mightee powerful thaing fer uh man tuh say he likes it more than uh blowup water bufflo. BTW tsapper, ifin you is gittin tired uv atair bufflo, I'll trade you uh latex spider monkey (only used a few times) or wun uh my personal fav-o-rites: uh rubber kangeroo.....

tsap seui

Man on man cuzin tsapper - atair skannur fer ye cumputer muss-be sumpin' else! It takes uh mightee powerful thaing fer uh man tuh say he likes it more than uh blowup water bufflo. BTW tsapper, ifin you is gittin tired uv atair bufflo, I'll trade you uh latex spider monkey (only used a few times) or wun uh my personal fav-o-rites: uh rubber kangeroo.....

Well cuzin' you all know I like and respects the heck out of you...tell ya what, seein' as how stuck on my blow up water buffalo like I am, how about I lend it to you for a couple of months. IT'll be tough to part with her, but what the heck are friends for if'n they caint share their blow ups with each other?

I know how you feel about your blow up skippy. I wuz once in love with a blow up kangaroo until the day she just exploded on me. There one second taken a poundin' from my tender lovin', and poooof...with a big loud and long fart sound she popped and flew out the winder like a kids baloon. Gone, never did find her corpse.

tsap seui