It's Election Day

dnoblett

I don't care what your political leanings are and this thread is only a reminder for you all to just do your duty as a US Citizen and make your choice.

Two years ago I brought my wife along to see the process though as a green-card holder she could not participate.

http://autumnplease.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/i-voted.gif

I don't care what your political leanings are and this thread is only a reminder for you all to just do your duty as a US Citizen and make your choice.

Two years ago I brought my wife along to see the process though as a green-card holder she could not participate.

http://autumnplease.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/i-voted.gif

on my way to the poll to vote.

Sadly I voted today, but could only vote for one person for the House. I could not in good faith select either of the Senate candidates in CT because one is a corrupt long term politician and the other made millions running a fake sport.

Ya it seems we always have the choice between a douchebag or a turd sandwich. Just like that South Park episode.

I dont keep up with the politicians so I have no idea who would be the "best choice" Hopefully when I am older, I will understand better.

I am older Amaro, and I understand it less now than when I was still shiffin' all the bushes to see if'n it wuz my pee or some other dawg's.

tsap seui

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein.

Probably talking about reelecting incumbents. A reason for term limits, many voters tend to be insane with regard to reelecting some politicians, with term limits at least it would force a new choice from time to time, nullifying insanity.

I share your sentiment. When I vacationed in Australia, I learned that if an individual Australian citizen does not show up to vote and does not have a valid reason for not voting, the individual is fined.

Sadly I voted today, but could only vote for one person for the House. I could not in good faith select either of the Senate candidates in CT because one is a corrupt long term politician and the other made millions running a fake sport.

Ya it seems we always have the choice between a douchebag or a turd sandwich. Just like that South Park episode.

I know this feeling too. There are some races here with just one person on the ballot, I dislike that person so much that I left it blank.

Oh, crap! You mean they can't vote? Hope this doesn't cause Jingjing any issues.

Oh, crap! You mean they can't vote? Hope this doesn't cause Jingjing any issues.

Dude, I truly hope you are joking, one benefit of citizenship is the vote.

The Right to Vote One of the most important privileges of democracy in the United States of America is the right to participate in choosing elected officials through voting in elections. There are many different types of elections in the United States, such as federal elections, state elections or local elections. Only U.S. citizens can vote in federal elections. Registering to vote or voting in a federal election is a crime if you are not a U.S. citizen. Non-U.S. citizens, including permanent residents (green card holders), who vote, or register to vote, in a federal election also can be denied naturalization and/or removed (deported) from the United States.

There are very few jurisdictions where a non-U.S. citizen may vote in a local election. However, this web site does not provide information regarding voting qualifications for state and local elections. You can obtain information regarding voting qualifications in local elections from your local voting authority. It is important to remember that even if you are allowed to vote in a local election, you are not eligible to vote in a federal election if you are not a U.S. citizen, nor in any other election that requires you to be a U.S. citizen.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fb853a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fb853a4107083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

The only local elections I know of that a green-card holder may be allowed to vote in is perhaps a school budget election as well as school boards, but this varies by jurisdiction.

Yeah, I was just messing around. :lol:

I figured that.

Anyway a common question asked at a naturalization is: "Who did you vote for in the last election" Wrong answer and BING! No citizenship, and possible deportation too. :ph34r: