Interview in Feb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that cases filed prior to April/May of this year all require a second background check once the Consulate acknowleges receipt from NVC.

This seemed to be the case because those of us who filed after April were told by GZ and DOS that no second background check was required, we just needed to wait until the next round of interview slots to open up.

But I also think the procedure is different for k1 vs k3.

I agree with you Rob it does seem that the cases are coming in from NVC fast and furious, but the P4 interviews seem to be very random and slow.

But because the holidays finally are over and GZ is back to work full time as of yesterday ( at least until Chinese New Year) we may see some movement especially for those of us on the finish line needing only an interview date to cross over on to the winners circle.

Hmmmm, this sounds really strange to me. I know the cut off date between old and new systems is mid-Feb. What you're saying they've told you sound like the new system started in April.

Just to clarify, as I understand it...

Old system = security checks processed AFTER the case is approved and sent to GZ.

New system = security checks processed BEFORE the case is sent to GZ.

Hello all

I just received an e-mail reply from gz IV unit as to the delay for Manjuans interview,

they claim that they are waiting for a "namecheck result" then they will schedule an interview. I do know for a fact that NVC performed another namecheck before her pack left the U.S., so yes It looks like there are two namecheck processes at least some people. We are a k3 visa, presumably on the "new process"

sometimes two name checks are necessary due to how the forms were filled out, like putting the second given name as the "middle" name on one form and then putting the two given names as the "first" name on another....anyway, at this point and beyond i think we are hopeless to try to figure all of this out.

i just hope they start rolling out those P4's! this is terrible!! how can this last wait be so much more difficult than the rest of the wait?? i know at least it is for us!!!

anyway, hoping to hear back from GZ, i just wrote them again. we will see if they write back soon and if they even answer the questions i asked!

ill surely let everyone know what they say, if it is worth it!!

we will see!

Hello all

I just received an e-mail reply from gz IV unit as to the delay for Manjuans interview,

they claim that they are waiting for a "namecheck result" then they will schedule an interview. I do know for a fact that NVC performed another namecheck before her pack left the U.S., so yes It looks like there are two namecheck processes at least some people. We are a k3 visa, presumably on the "new process"

This is exactly what I'm worried about for everyone. Our name checks were all completed before our case was ever even sent to GZ. That's why we were 4 1/2 months at NVC. Literally, all we are waiting on is the interview date to be set. But I think they're now sending cases to GZ before the name checks.

Every step of the way these people are very cagey with their phrasing. They try to make you feel good and go away. Or they just say enough to get you off the phone. "Your case has been approved" has very little meaning until the day they hand your spouse/fiance(e) their visa.

Hmmmm, this sounds really strange to me.  I know the cut off date between old and new systems is mid-Feb.  What you're saying they've told you sound like the new system started in April.

Just to clarify, as I understand it...

Old system = security checks processed AFTER the case is approved and sent to GZ.

New system = security checks processed BEFORE the case is sent to GZ.

Just an FYI... As far as I know, GZ didn't do any namechecks for me (so it was probably done at the NVC, within a month, no less) and I have no pending namecheck (asked that specifically the last time I called the DoS). Our forms were received on Feb. 19, last year.

This is exactly what I'm worried about for everyone.  Our name checks were all completed before our case was ever even sent to GZ.  That's why we were 4 1/2 months at NVC.  Literally, all we are waiting on is the interview date to be set.  But I think they're now sending cases to GZ before the name checks.

Rob,

Have you checked with the DoS to see what your interview eligibility status is in their computer? I was told that ours is eligible, and what that meant, according to the operator, is that no more name checks need to be done. Maybe you can check with them and get a 'sort-of' definitive answer on whether or not your case needs more checks...

Still sitting here keeping my fingers crossed...

Jerry

This is exactly what I'm worried about for everyone.  Our name checks were all completed before our case was ever even sent to GZ.  That's why we were 4 1/2 months at NVC.  Literally, all we are waiting on is the interview date to be set.  But I think they're now sending cases to GZ before the name checks.

Rob,

Have you checked with the DoS to see what your interview eligibility status is in their computer? I was told that ours is eligible, and what that meant, according to the operator, is that no more name checks need to be done. Maybe you can check with them and get a 'sort-of' definitive answer on whether or not your case needs more checks...

Still sitting here keeping my fingers crossed...

Jerry

Ah Jerry!!

That is excellent! I think the whole game is about asking the right question at the right agency.

I'm making that phone call right now!

that is exactly what i did jerry and rob, i also asked and they told me eligible as well, meaning all checks were done!

it would be a great feeling to get that P4 this week or next!!! if it goes beyond that, i think our interviews will have to be in March and not feb....but we will all see!

all this suspecting and trying to figure it all out is making me crazy!

that is exactly what i did jerry and rob, i also asked and they told me eligible as well, meaning all checks were done!

it would be a great feeling to get that P4 this week or next!!! if it goes beyond that, i think our interviews will have to be in March and not feb....but we will all see!

all this suspecting and trying to figure it all out is making me crazy!

I hope we all get our interviews on the same day and can have a rippin' party afterward! :D

GZ doesn't even answer my emails. I have sent them two in the last 3 weeks. All I want to know is if my petition is there and been entered into the data base yet. I know it was sent to GZ December 5th.

I have a question on the name check issue. Just being new in the P3 process, I noticed that they are insistent on the telegraphic code for the name. Once they get this exact identifier of the name, do they possibly do a local check, or re-submit the name check based on telegraphic code.

Possibility #2. My wife has a son. Once they see his name, do they re-run a name check? Is there any correlation between additional name checks and spouses children?

And again, what's the purpose of the telegraphic code of the name. Her passport has already defined how the name is presented. I did everything to match the passport.

Just thinking aloud. But very curious.

Dean