Starting the I 129f process

I want to thank everyone in advance for your help. I do not know how anyone without the information from you fantastic people here can get through the Visa process!!!!

These might be silly questions but I am just trying to make sure everything is in order.

A little background real quick. Started talking to my lady in June of 2009. Have been to see her 3 times now. Oct of 09...national holiday, Feb of 2010......Chinese New Year, and Sept of 2010......mid autumn festival. I just got home a few days ago..haha.

I am putting the package together and have these questions.

1. Should I include the receipts of places visited....Great wall, Tianamen square, some other simple places in Beijing. I have the ticket stubs of many places we visited in Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, and Xiamen. They are more ticket stubs than receipts.

2. I am listed on the hotels that we stayed at as 1 guest. Her name does not appear on anything. Possible problem? 2a. Should I include the bill of the hotel we stayed at with receipt of payment?

3. Did you include your itinerary with your boarding passes as proof of you actually going to China?

now my last question....send to Lockbox in Dallas or the address? I want to have proof of sent. I will be sending everything Fed ex...not overnight but just the cheapest.

Thanks everyone again for your help. I will be starting my time line here soon. It is enjoyable to read everyones story's and adventures.

David

1. If they have dates on them then YES.

2. Not a problem, you are showing being in China and in your fiancee's city, you do not need to show sating at same places.

2a Yes

3 I did Yes.

NOTE: DO NOT send the origionals, send only a photo copy of these things! Same goes for other things like your birth cert, etc...

USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.
http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

MORE: http://www.visajourn...om&page=k1guide

Forget Fex-EX, you are dealing with a US Government agency, so USE the other US Government agency (USPS) to send package to USCIS. Use Priority mail, with delivery confirmation. FED-EX cannot deliver to a PO-BOX

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I am trying to keep the pictures to a minimum....Yes we have the pictures of us on the Great Wall..Tianmen Square, Hong Kong Bay, they are very obvious of the details of where we are at. I started with 40 pictures...I am trying to get them down to 20. I do not want to send too much but enough for an approval. I know front loading is important but I do not want to overdue it.

So now my question is...send to Dallas lockbox? Not send to other address? I have no problem doing that. That is why I come to you for your wise answers. USPS it is!! I know that if you send courier they say to send to another address. That is why I am asking.

I have all the info from visa journey...and have been studying everything for a year now...we are just nervous and want everything to go well. Of course everyone in the process wants it that way.

Shit another question popped in my head. ummmm...time stamp on photos? They are not there. I can put a time and date stamp on them...I am not trying to fudge anything...I just don't like to ruin perfectly good pictures of us together.

Now my last and honest question...I had a unfortunate circumstance 12 years ago here in the US of a domestic violence. Yes I was arrested and did what was required by the courts. I had a gf at the time that went thru my email and thought I was playing around. Short story is that I never touched her but she was angry and called the police. I was arrested 2 nights after the incident...its a misdemeanor. Is this going to cause a problem? Here in the state of Colorado if someone calls the police on domestic violence SOMEONE goes to jail. I have already drafted the letter that is required as to why I was arrested.

Thanks guys and gals.

dnoblett,

I have read everything and with Marc Ellis...thanks again for the info.

I understand the "front loading" but don't want to overwhelm.

Just trying to make sure everything is in order.

We both feel that with me being with her 3 times and going to go with her to the interview it will give us an advantage. I am just trying to make sure we are front loaded and have every angle conceived.

thanks again

I am trying to keep the pictures to a minimum....Yes we have the pictures of us on the Great Wall..Tianmen Square, Hong Kong Bay, they are very obvious of the details of where we are at. I started with 40 pictures...I am trying to get them down to 20. I do not want to send too much but enough for an approval. I know front loading is important but I do not want to overdue it.

So now my question is...send to Dallas lockbox? Not send to other address? I have no problem doing that. That is why I come to you for your wise answers. USPS it is!! I know that if you send courier they say to send to another address. That is why I am asking.

I have all the info from visa journey...and have been studying everything for a year now...we are just nervous and want everything to go well. Of course everyone in the process wants it that way.

Shit another question popped in my head. ummmm...time stamp on photos? They are not there. I can put a time and date stamp on them...I am not trying to fudge anything...I just don't like to ruin perfectly good pictures of us together.

Now my last and honest question...I had a unfortunate circumstance 12 years ago here in the US of a domestic violence. Yes I was arrested and did what was required by the courts. I had a gf at the time that went thru my email and thought I was playing around. Short story is that I never touched her but she was angry and called the police. I was arrested 2 nights after the incident...its a misdemeanor. Is this going to cause a problem? Here in the state of Colorado if someone calls the police on domestic violence SOMEONE goes to jail. I have already drafted the letter that is required as to why I was arrested.

Thanks guys and gals.

You can print the photos several to a page to reduce this to a few sheets of paper.

Timestamps can be fudged, they know this, I would simply make notes with each pic as to who is in pic, where and when pic was taken, if using standard photos write this on the back side of pic.

I did use a time stamping program and reprinted pics. Program came from here: http://dts8888.com/vPTS/vpts.htm

Two answer last question, YES that domestic violence incident can cause an issue, as I stated before address these things upfront. I-129F has a section that addresses this issue. IMBRA Law.

7. What Documents Do You Need to Comply With the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act?

A. If you have ever been convicted of any of the following crimes, submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for every such conviction. This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone, including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, told you that you no longer have a record.

1. Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, dating violence, elder abuse, and stalking.

The term "domestic violence" includes felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed by a current or former spouse of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse, by a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction receiving grant monies, or by any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from that person's acts under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction.

NOTE: If your petition is approved, a copy of your petition, including the information you submit regarding your criminal convictions, will be provided to the Department of State for dissemination to the beneficiary of your petition pursuant to section 833(a) (5)(A)(ii) of IMBRA. In addition, pursuant to section 833(a)(5)(A)(iii) of IMBRA, any criminal background information pertaining to you that USCIS may discover independently in adjudicating this petition will also be provided to the Department of State for disclosure to the beneficiary of your petition. You should also note that under section 833(c ) of IMBRA, the name and contact information of any person who was granted a protection or restraining order against you, or of any victim of a crime of violence perpetrated by the petitioner, will remain confidential but that the relationship of the petitioner of such person or victim (i.e., spouse, child, etc.) will be disclosed.

http://www.uscis.gov...i-129finstr.pdf (Page 3) Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Yes, send your I-129F to the Dallas lockbox. You can send it FedEx if you wish, however, if that's what you choose to do send it this address, I copied it verbatim from the I-129F instructions on the USCIS website:

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

If you send it USPS, I recommend Priority Mail with delivery confirmation, you would send it to this address:

USCIS

PO Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Your checklist for the things you want to submit looks good. You've already gotten great advice from previous posters.

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Edited by Ryan H (see edit history)

Ok its me again....

I have gotten everything I need in order.

Now my question is...It was NOT a Domestic Violence case!! It was a simple assault. I went to the courthouse today to get the certified copies. They gave me my sheet and said NO it is not Domestic Violence...it is an assault. According to IMBRA this does not need to be revealed.

My question is...should I include those certified copies? It is not listed as one of the charges you need to discover.

My fiancee is full aware of the circumstances and what I went through to take care of everything. She also realizes this was many years ago and of all our talkings and being together I have demonstrated nothing of being a violent or angry man.

I just want to do the right thing and have this behind me....Thanks Gang!!!

Ok its me again....

I have gotten everything I need in order.

Now my question is...It was NOT a Domestic Violence case!! It was a simple assault. I went to the courthouse today to get the certified copies. They gave me my sheet and said NO it is not Domestic Violence...it is an assault. According to IMBRA this does not need to be revealed.

My question is...should I include those certified copies? It is not listed as one of the charges you need to discover.

My fiancee is full aware of the circumstances and what I went through to take care of everything. She also realizes this was many years ago and of all our talkings and being together I have demonstrated nothing of being a violent or angry man.

I just want to do the right thing and have this behind me....Thanks Gang!!!

More than likely USCIS will discover this while they are adjudicating the petition. I would simply write a letter explaining, and attach a copy of that document.