I sent in the I-129F now what should I do?

I know it will take some time to process and get the NOA or NOA2 or whatever its called. Anyway, in the meantime what should I be doing?

I would be planing on another trip to visit her while waiting for I-129F to process, if you can afford it.

Start a timeline here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/index.php?cfl=1 Can also note milestones in your signature.

Record all correspondence from time of filing to interview.

NOA1 = Receipt letter, you get this around 10 days after filing.

NOA2 = Approval notice, can take 3 - 6 months for USCIS to process.

I would say in the mean time, know the expected timeframes but stay busy. Nothing is worse then getting caught up in a daily wait.

USCIS:

Assuming no delays or RFEs, you'll get the NOA2 (also sometimes called P2) as mentioned. Always check the information on the forms is correct. The P1 should have assign her an "A" number, as well as have a Receipt Number based on your filing center. P2 is notably important for AOS later in the US so protect it well but verify it's info against P1.

NVC:

After P2 it is sent to NVC for initial processing by DOS is P3 which will be sent to her. The address they use for the P3 is based on what you write on the I-129F for her in Q.16. It's always helpful if you've put her cell phone in Q.15 in case they ever have questions, to avoid delays.

P3:

She will need to fill out a form(s) and should return them ASAP. About this time, we used to recommend getting the notarial translations but with the faster times I wonder if after P2 makes more sense now... Maybe more recent filers can chime in.

P4:

This will notify her of an interview date. She'll need to have a medical which can be done at GUZ (or Shanghai or Beijing). Many do it in GUZ since they are not near the other two. She must bring the P4 to the medical so she cannot do this any earlier (unless thinks have changed). I think what she brings to the medical has changed so others can detail that more.

Interview:

She should bring anything already submitted plus other evidence which we often dub the 'kitchen sink' to simply prepare for anything a VO might ask from her.

----

I wanted to detail this a bit since I hope that others will chime in and give their K1 process stories and information so I can see where the FAQs can be updated.

I would say in the mean time, know the expected timeframes but stay busy. Nothing is worse then getting caught up in a daily wait.

USCIS:

Assuming no delays or RFEs, you'll get the NOA2 (also sometimes called P2) as mentioned. Always check the information on the forms is correct. The P1 should have assign her an "A" number, as well as have a Receipt Number based on your filing center. P2 is notably important for AOS later in the US so protect it well but verify it's info against P1.

NVC:

After P2 it is sent to NVC for initial processing by DOS is P3 which will be sent to her. The address they use for the P3 is based on what you write on the I-129F for her in Q.16. It's always helpful if you've put her cell phone in Q.15 in case they ever have questions, to avoid delays.

P3:

She will need to fill out a form(s) and should return them ASAP. About this time, we used to recommend getting the notarial translations but with the faster times I wonder if after P2 makes more sense now... Maybe more recent filers can chime in.

P4:

This will notify her of an interview date. She'll need to have a medical which can be done at GUZ (or Shanghai or Beijing). Many do it in GUZ since they are not near the other two. She must bring the P4 to the medical so she cannot do this any earlier (unless thinks have changed). I think what she brings to the medical has changed so others can detail that more.

Interview:

She should bring anything already submitted plus other evidence which we often dub the 'kitchen sink' to simply prepare for anything a VO might ask from her.

----

I wanted to detail this a bit since I hope that others will chime in and give their K1 process stories and information so I can see where the FAQs can be updated.

Thank you for the very informative reply. When is the step where I have to show I can financially support her fit in?

Thank you for the very informative reply. When is the step where I have to show I can financially support her fit in?

You will prepare an I-134 Affidavit of support after P3 to have ready and available at the visa interview.

Start preparing your "kitchen sink." This is the collection of documents required for the interview along with all of the proof of relationship evidence you can come up with.It takes a long time to really do this right, but if you work on it a little every day, it is not that difficult.There is a wealth of information on how to do this on this site, and of course, we will all be happy to help you along the way.To get you started, some of the things that will be useful to prove your relationship are travel itineraries, boarding passes, receipts of all kinds that are relevant (gifts with pictures of them bought for her, hotel, currency exchange, etc.), passport pages showing visa, entry and exit stamps to China, pictureswith her and her family if possible, e-mails, phone records, MSN chat logs, pictures of your girl wearing gifts you bought for her, etc.

Obviously, the 'kitchen sink' needs to get to her. If your planning on being there for the interview, then it's easy to bring it to china, but you'll want to discuss ahead of time some organization of it since she should know how to retrieve materials easily if asked for something. The basic approach is usually 3 or 4 folders and I would have her put on paper or outside of folder a brief list of what's in each one so it's a reminder to her.

If your not going to be at the interview, then that means you need to ship all this stuff over to her (including the I-134 you asked about). Thus, you might want to exercise a shipment to her so you know how to address a package that gets to her in a timeline manner.

Have ALOT of patience! And....PRAY to whatever the diety of your choice may be!

I know it will take some time to process and get the NOA or NOA2 or whatever its called. Anyway, in the meantime what should I be doing?

Visit CFL everyday and do alot of praying,, best of luck to you both

I agree! A boat load of prayers is very beneficial during this period of the process ... that plus a lot of patients! Go easy on your fingernails too!

I still havent heard anything from them about an NOA1 or if they need more evidence or anything. Do they typically email you or call or what? I thought this first part only took a few days. <_<

No email, no phone calls, all correspondence will be by mail.

Email notifications can only be set up after you have the receipt letter. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

I still havent heard anything from them about an NOA1 or if they need more evidence or anything. Do they typically email you or call or what? I thought this first part only took a few days. <_<

Not sure when you sent that in exactly, but the first "notice" I received ($455 withdrawal from my bank account) came 17 days after I mailed the I-129F, which was 10 days after they actually received my package (according to the receipt date on the NOA1). I didn't get the NOA1 in the mail for something like a month after sending the package in (of course, I'm currently in China so the international mail slows things down). If it's still only been a week or two, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep an eye on your bank account and for the first time in your life rejoice when you see money leaving!