wife left me without notice

I am still in total shock. My wife left me couple days ago and went back to China without notifying me. I sponsored her here on a marriage visa a few months ago and realize she has some psychiatric issues. Needless to say we had a lot of problems together since she came. She took a lot of valuables from me and now I want her out of my life and stop her from entering the U.S ever again. Please advice me what I need to do now, how I can legally separate from her and prevent her from entering the U.S with the 2 year green card. Thanks

You may notify the USCIS that she has left the United States with no intention of returning.

After 6 months to a year, she may not be able to use her green card to return without evidence of having maintained her domicile.

After 2 years (of course) her green card expires.

Contact a lawyer about filing for divorce in your state.

You may notify the USCIS that she has left the United States with no intention of returning.

After 6 months to a year, she may not be able to use her green card to return without evidence of having maintained her domicile.

There you have it, OP, the definitive answer to your question.

Now, how can we string out this thread? How about this - how come you first showed up here with this terrible tale as your first post? Were you lurking before? If so, why didn't you say something before about how things were going? Why did you pick this girl? Didn't you have any inkling that she was mental? How did she manage to get away like that without you having any idea that it was coming? Where did she get the money for the ticket? What all did she steal from you? What can you advise to others to watch out for? How did she manage to pass the interview in GUZ if she was like this? How long did you know her? Was this disaster partly your fault? And so on.....

Agree with Randy. Just contact USCIS with a letter of explanation. And leave it alone. You cannot do ANYTHING about her 2 year card; that is hers. It will run out and if she really wanted to try to get her 10 year greencard, she has to return and file for that as a JOINT petition.

By you sending a letter, your quickly letting them know of the situation and she cannot claim another issue. You just will not be petitioning with her and she will likely not be able to get it; although there are a few avenues to try, she will likely not get it.

I know of a lady who asked for the mans passport to take care of something; she flew back to china and got a divorce !! This stuff happens. Do what you can and let go of what you cannot control.

Be cautious about knee jerk reactions if there is any chance you would reconcile if she returned, if this is not a possibility then move forward.