wife left me without notice

:lol: Yep 16,000+ is a BIG count.

Talk about weak, my post count is pitiful. Here I've been here since Day One or only a month after and I still have not got a gold thingy. But I don't know anything about immigration anymore. I need to do like Mick in his famous thread where he made about a thousand posts...."while I pondered weak and weary, ....... quoth the raven, nevermore..." :lol: :blink:

Agree with Randy. Just contact USCIS with a letter of explanation. And leave it alone. You cannot do ANYTHING about her 2 year card; that is hers. It will run out and if she really wanted to try to get her 10 year greencard, she has to return and file for that as a JOINT petition.

By you sending a letter, your quickly letting them know of the situation and she cannot claim another issue. You just will not be petitioning with her and she will likely not be able to get it; although there are a few avenues to try, she will likely not get it.

I know of a lady who asked for the mans passport to take care of something; she flew back to china and got a divorce !! This stuff happens. Do what you can and let go of what you cannot control.

Sorry I haven't been keeping with my post, it has been a rough few days for me and my family. From self-blame to guilt to anger and denial to now acceptance and move on. I have posted at CFL before but I changed my ID to protect my anonymity. I went to the local USCIS office today and told them about my situation and the receptionist told me that there's Nothing I can do to prevent her from coming back. All I can do is to write a letter to explain the situation so the judge will use that as a red flag not to issue her the 10 year green card in case someone else files it for her or after we divorce she can not get a green card even if she marries someone else. Does anyone know a template on how to write that letter to USCIS? I will be filing divorce soon. I think that's all I can do for now. I feel cheated by her but I feel sorry these kind of things happen because it gives the GUZ embassy another reason to make it so hard to people to sponsor their love ones to the U.S. Thanks everyone for your input and support.

Sorry I haven't been keeping with my post, it has been a rough few days for me and my family. From self-blame to guilt to anger and denial to now acceptance and move on. I have posted at CFL before but I changed my ID to protect my anonymity. I went to the local USCIS office today and told them about my situation and the receptionist told me that there's Nothing I can do to prevent her from coming back. All I can do is to write a letter to explain the situation so the judge will use that as a red flag not to issue her the 10 year green card in case someone else files it for her or after we divorce she can not get a green card even if she marries someone else. Does anyone know a template on how to write that letter to USCIS? I will be filing divorce soon. I think that's all I can do for now. I feel cheated by her but I feel sorry these kind of things happen because it gives the GUZ embassy another reason to make it so hard to people to sponsor their love ones to the U.S. Thanks everyone for your input and support.

I'm glad you came back and your hanging in there. Its a crying shame really. I would give a limb to have my wife here with me. Praying for you in Texas.

Don't worry so much about a template. Stick to facts as much as possible; emotionalism will get lost on them as just another divorced case.

You can feel free to share versions on CFL as some have done; if your not comfortable with that, I would agree to review something through email and there are others I can recommend you consider to let read it as well.

Your job in such a letter is not to try and paint her as a scammer since that is often just too hard to prove and might be an unfair representation. I might try to show a few examples of where there were indications that things were not going well from the beginning and her leaving 'adds up'. But the current state is what's important. If you have a letter or email or anything from her showing her intent, you want to include that.

I am sorry to hear this . China has many many fraud cases , so your case is not unique. Did you see it coming at all ??? Must have been , because it doesn't take a genius to see " fraud " of this type . Things didn't just surface over night , there's got to be many many signs before hand. Where did you get married ? Did you try to contact her side of family to see if there is anything that can be done . Try to be nice and if nothing else , try to obtain as much info as possible .

I don't think that every time a lady leaves the relationship it should be classified as fraud... otherwise, the cases of fraud are probably higher than most are aware and why GUZ handles cases the way the do.

I do think that this points out the main dilemma; that many (dare I say most) chinese ladies get online to find a man and want to "give it a test; get out of china and try to find a better life". Otherwise, as I have said for 5 years, why else are they online looking for a relationship? Everybody comes online to say, 'we are the exception'... I've heard that 90% of the time and then I hear so many cases like this... so something doesn't quite add up.

Here is the reality: The lady is online. That is maybe not as much a surprise to GUZ as the plentiful americans online too :huh:

Each side has an agenda and it comes with small print that says they are willing to "give it a go". If the lady doing this is considered 'fraud', then what is good for the goose is good for the gander and therefore we should consider the USC doing this as 'fraud' too. :ph34r:

Ok, another tact: Both sides hope for the best and a few prepare more than others but for quite a few the worse occurs. Let's not call that fraud. There are many names I might call that including unrealistic romantic considerations of the USC and unrealistic life improvements by the chinese.

I am not trying to jump the OP here but trying to get a reality check. If you filed after a single visit (and worse, if you married after that single visit) your at the most risk... we're talking statistics not necessarily what will really happen. The lest time together the more probable your not going to stay together. This is a generalization which everyone together will decry and one which those which fell apart will applaud... but the latter don't stick around on CFL, so you'll not really get the true feeling IMO.

What is the moral of the story? Don't be hasty and don't do anything based on 1 visit (10,000 chats mean nothing). Your likely to fall for her more easily than she is falling for the visa. Your likely to paint a Rembrandt when she has a Picasso in mind. Even the best assessments need 2 more years in the US to really know what's the future.

here is my final caveat... even if she stays with you after 2 years, it only means she is staying with you. You have got to have some deep understanding of her and an acceptance of her motives for her future.