We are blue and I need help

Ok my wife got blue even after the Kitchen sink method. on the blue slip EVERYthing is checked except Residency and the last 2 items under Statements (How I can send her more moeny than I make and the EX-spouseI-130 petition) It was not this bad when we tried for the K-1 3 years ago. We had 6 letters explaining how we met, why we got married...etc (For some reason I have had to write 2 a year) we had over 3 years of chat logs and phone calls mixed in. We had day by day journal for my trips to china. Every page was signed and notarized. Every page of my expired and new passport copys were notarized also. We presented over 200 photos each with a date and time stamp on the front and names in english and chinese on the back. Then our wedding party we had 125 photos taken and submitted not counting the 100 glamour shot photos we did the next day that were also submitted. We are still blue. I asked my wife if she was joking she burts into tears on the phone. Then between sobs she was able to text me that when she asked the VO how to submit the items needed she was told "Your petitioner knows how"

I have no idea how to resubmit the items they checked off. When I called there after speaking to my wife telling her I will look into this I was told they can not help me. My only question I asked was "How do I submit the items you have requested?"

So I come to you my other family for help. Do I send it via email do I fax it do I mail it if so where do I send it. Please I need help ASAP

Nate and Hong

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With blue slips, the requested evidence is hand delivered to the consulate, usually by the visa applicant.

Can you let us know exactly what was requestd.

Note about the photos, you did not include than many in the petition? Or was this an album brought to the interview which is ok.

With blue slips, the requested evidence is hand delivered to the consulate, usually by the visa applicant.

Can you let us know exactly what was requestd.

Note about the photos, you did not include than many in the petition? Or was this an album brought to the interview which is ok.

we only included 1/2 the photos and hand walked the rest of the photos to the VO.

they want a new letter of how we met typed up

more telephone records. (we did yahoo voice over IP chats not telephone for the most part)

More than just over 3 years of chats even though we high lighted the the ones that showed how we progressed from "hi who are you, to I cant live without you" (we dont have any more chats)

a new letter describing my trips to China

new copies of my pass ports

that is about it.

So since I am not there in China right now how do I get the items to the the consulate?

I know it is inconvenient, but your wife will have to return to Guangzhou and drop these things at the window at the consulate because they will want her passport to affix the visa if they approve the visa.

If the blue sheet requires you to submit additional documents, follow the instructions on the blue sheet and its attachments. The blue sheet will explain how you may submit the requested documents. You must submit the blue sheet to the Consulate along with requested materials. After reviewing your submitted documents, the Consulate will notify you regarding the status of your application.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/visa_refusals.html

2. My visa was refused, and the officer asked for more documents. When and where can I submit documents to overcome this refusal? If I cannot come personally, is it possible for my relative or someone else to submit documents on my behalf? If you were refused a visa at your interview and the Consular Officer requested that you provide further information, you should follow the instructions on your blue refusal sheet and mail the documents directly to the Consulate. Please make sure that you include in your submission all the original refusal sheets that were given to you at the interview.

Please note that this is the only method by which the Consulate can accept further documentation. The Consulate cannot accept documents provided by email or fax, unless you are specifically requested to do so. In addition, the Consulate does not accept documents at either petitioner hour or the American Citizen Services office.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A2

Study the Blue Sheet, what does it say about sending them what they are asking for? (Mail or Drop-Off?)

I know it is inconvenient, but your wife will have to return to Guangzhou and drop these things at the window at the consulate because they will want her passport to affix the visa if they approve the visa.

Study the Blue Sheet, what does it say about sending them what they are asking for? (Mail or Drop-Off?)

The Blue form is only 2 pages and does not have any instructions except" The following requested items may be provide sufficent evidence to resolve the Consulate's concerns. You are welcome to submit any additional relationship evedence beyond these items. Applicants must translate all documents/certificates into English."

Hong was not given anything else. She is still there at the yangs until the 28th. I did at least plan her stay correctly.

I can get everything to her but I do not know if they will take photo scanned then printed copies of the notarized papers.

The Blue form is only 2 pages and does not have any instructions except" The following requested items may be provide sufficent evidence to resolve the Consulate's concerns. You are welcome to submit any additional relationship evedence beyond these items. Applicants must translate all documents/certificates into English."

Hong was not given anything else. She is still there at the yangs until the 28th. I did at least plan her stay correctly.

I can get everything to her but I do not know if they will take photo scanned then printed copies of the notarized papers.

Just a question for you and others . Do you think that your appearence at GZ consulate may help this resolved quickly . ie, the petitioner is bringing in the requested documents himself , have a chat with the VO if possible.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Just a question for you and others . Do you think that your appearence at GZ consulate may help this resolved quickly . ie, the petitioner is bringing in the requested documents himself , have a chat with the VO if possible.

No.

2. My visa was refused, and the officer asked for more documents. When and where can I submit documents to overcome this refusal? If I cannot come personally, is it possible for my relative or someone else to submit documents on my behalf? If you were refused a visa at your interview and the Consular Officer requested that you provide further information, you should follow the instructions on your blue refusal sheet and mail the documents directly to the Consulate. Please make sure that you include in your submission all the original refusal sheets that were given to you at the interview.

Please note that this is the only method by which the Consulate can accept further documentation. The Consulate cannot accept documents provided by email or fax, unless you are specifically requested to do so. In addition, the Consulate does not accept documents at either petitioner hour or the American Citizen Services office.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/iv_faqs.html#A2

Now you may visit the consulate and ask questions at ACH but cannot drop off anything at that time.

Note, you do have ONE year to respond to the Blue slip.

Perhaps you could travel to China with the required documents, perhaps after consulting a lawyer like Marc Ellis for advice. Visit consulate for ACH just to ask questions, then have wife submit the required documents, then wait for the visa to be delivered to the post office.

I would take a breather and handle this with care, not rush this and risk getting a white slip in the mail.

Ok my wife got blue even after the Kitchen sink method. on the blue slip EVERYthing is checked except Residency and the last 2 items under Statements (How I can send her more moeny than I make and the EX-spouseI-130 petition) It was not this bad when we tried for the K-1 3 years ago. We had 6 letters explaining how we met, why we got married...etc (For some reason I have had to write 2 a year) we had over 3 years of chat logs and phone calls mixed in. We had day by day journal for my trips to china. Every page was signed and notarized. Every page of my expired and new passport copys were notarized also. We presented over 200 photos each with a date and time stamp on the front and names in english and chinese on the back. Then our wedding party we had 125 photos taken and submitted not counting the 100 glamour shot photos we did the next day that were also submitted. We are still blue. I asked my wife if she was joking she burts into tears on the phone. Then between sobs she was able to text me that when she asked the VO how to submit the items needed she was told "Your petitioner knows how"

I have no idea how to resubmit the items they checked off. When I called there after speaking to my wife telling her I will look into this I was told they can not help me. My only question I asked was "How do I submit the items you have requested?"

So I come to you my other family for help. Do I send it via email do I fax it do I mail it if so where do I send it. Please I need help ASAP

Nate and Hong

The other side of the blue sheet has an instruction on how to submit additional materials both in English and Chinese language. There is a mailing address for you to mail in. You will need to include the original blue sheet(s) with your docs. So, prepare all documents and mail them to your wife. As soon as your wife gets your package, she will need to put those bule sheets in, and re-mail whole thing back to GUZ.

Again, every sentence in the blue sheet has a Chinese transaltion, have your wife read them carefully. You should take it very seriously, answer all questions but avoid arguing with GUZ. It would well be your one time shot between approved and denied. Good luck!

WHAT DO YOU THINK THEIR MAIN REASON( s ) FOR ASKING MORE INFO ??? WHAT IS THEIR PREPONDERANCE OF EVIDENCE THAT MIGHT HAVE LED THEM TO BELIEVE THAT IT MIGHT BE A NON BONAFIDE MARRIAGE ???

Main reason I think they dont like me and my wife. That would be because I picked her over re-enlisting in the military and requested my TS clearance be revoked or downgraded. Also the Item you listed was not checked. That Item would be if I listed I maded 20K a year and sent her 19K even though the world knows you can not live off of 1K a year in the USA. (Note that was an example)

Main reason I think they dont like me and my wife. That would be because I picked her over re-enlisting in the military and requested my TS clearance be revoked or downgraded. Also the Item you listed was not checked. That Item would be if I listed I maded 20K a year and sent her 19K even though the world knows you can not live off of 1K a year in the USA. (Note that was an example)

Guz dose not know nor do they give a rats ass about your sevice in the military. Dont look for imagined reasons there are enough real ones they can come up with

they want a new letter of how we met typed up

In all the years I have been on this board, this is the 95% request... it is more than just a trend; it is an expectation of the consulate of something about the origin of the relationship.

15,000 pictures will not satisfy them if they have a question about how you meet... This seems to be to the issue everyone misses year after year. This is why they deny so many.

Only a long look at the entire relationship, the interview questions and the blue slip can produce even a small glimpse of any issue. Otherwise, there is little advice I would give.