Guangzhou Visa Officer Mistake

Your stuck on 'evidence' which most submit as a mountain high... it's not about that. That is the misconception of most who file. The VO looks at a file already handled by many people from USCIS to NVC to GUZ; and which probably is marked up. There are 'triggers and flags' to the various people. Something triggered someone, and it can include her disposition at the interview.

Someone has to take a hard look at the entire relationship. And the interview questions are almost canned and predictable but the questions and answers are helpful. And it's good to hear it shared by the chinese lady since she may share her emotional feeling during the interview which helps too.

I'm no longer "stuck on evidence." I was naive. I now understand whats at play. I'm just saying they just got it wrong. Love happens in odd ways.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no longer "stuck on evidence." I was naive. I now understand whats at play. I'm just saying they just got it wrong. Love happens in odd ways.

I am not sure what they got 'wrong'... I've not reviewed any of the relationship, interview, or blue slip to comment more.

Maybe just answer my top 10:

1. Her birth city?

2. Her current city of residence?

3. Age?

4. Previous marriage or children?

5. How you meet? (if website, which one)

6. How long chat before visit china?

7. How long after visit to file for visa?

8. Number of trips to china at the time of the interview?

9. Her english ability?

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers?

I am not sure what they got 'wrong'... I've not reviewed any of the relationship, interview, or blue slip to comment more.

Maybe just answer my top 10:

1. Her birth city? Luohe, China

2. Her current city of residence? Zhengzhou

3. Age? 35 until 05/24/

4. Previous marriage or children? yes, 1 daughter Xinyi

5. How you meet? (if website, which one) AsianEuro

6. How long chat before visit china? 7 months ` 500 letters and yahoo chat

7. How long after visit to file for visa? immediately

8. Number of trips to china at the time of the interview? One because of no time off available at work and illnesses

9. Her english ability? a little bit... better than my chinese but, we can communicate .

10. What were the blue slip questions and answers? Three questions

1.Why can you talk on the phone so much with no common language.

2. wht hadn't I returned.

3. What was happening with my daughters case.

I am on my way to work and I will send you the answers to these questions at an email address if you can send me one.... or I will look for your contact info later.

I have the whole thing on my desktop at work...

I know things don't look perfect but that doesn't make it no so.

I am really not trying to be hard... I know my optimism is hard to feel.

And one hates to talk of 'profiling'... but your answers to my top 10 are generally not good. I can really see why a VO would issue a blue.

She is a migrant worker from a more rural area to her province capital. She is fairly young with a child and online looking for a relationship with a foreigner. After one visit a petition is filed and no other trip occurs. Her english is minimal and I can guess the interview exchange.

You don't have to prove YOUR end of the relationship to the VO; no amount of chats or evidence will help. You have to help the VO understand that HER motives are not just to leave china at a fairly young age with a child to just seek a better life, which she has already tried to do by moving to the capital... That IS the typical story line that the VOs are faced with, IMO...

In most cases, dare I really almost all cases, they are focused on the motives of the chinese lady. By visiting once, filing, and never visiting again, she has no benefit or leverage of showing a lasting relationship commitment. Anyone can chat, even fraudulent couples. But spending the time and money to visit a few times and waiting some time before filing for a relationship shows itself more true, and is not what fraudulent couples do.

Again, I am not trying to be hard here, I am trying to get everyone to see what a VO is possibly thinking. No, I have no secret door to the VO locker room but I've been fairly good at sensing these issues for a number of years.. at least I tend to think so... but I have been wrong... maybe once or twice.

I am really not trying to be hard... I know my optimism is hard to feel.

And one hates to talk of 'profiling'... but your answers to my top 10 are generally not good. I can really see why a VO would issue a blue.

She is a migrant worker from a more rural area to her province capital. She is fairly young with a child and online looking for a relationship with a foreigner. After one visit a petition is filed and no other trip occurs. Her english is minimal and I can guess the interview exchange.

You don't have to prove YOUR end of the relationship to the VO; no amount of chats or evidence will help. You have to help the VO understand that HER motives are not just to leave china at a fairly young age with a child to just seek a better life, which she has already tried to do by moving to the capital... That IS the typical story line that the VOs are faced with, IMO...

In most cases, dare I really almost all cases, they are focused on the motives of the chinese lady. By visiting once, filing, and never visiting again, she has no benefit or leverage of showing a lasting relationship commitment. Anyone can chat, even fraudulent couples. But spending the time and money to visit a few times and waiting some time before filing for a relationship shows itself more true, and is not what fraudulent couples do.

Again, I am not trying to be hard here, I am trying to get everyone to see what a VO is possibly thinking. No, I have no secret door to the VO locker room but I've been fairly good at sensing these issues for a number of years.. at least I tend to think so... but I have been wrong... maybe once or twice.

I understand its not perfect but she moved to Zhengzhou (12 million) as a girl. She is college educated and owns her own business. She is fineon her own. She never asked for money from me. She had an abusive marriage and wanted something different. I can't help it doesn't look good on paper and there is no going back so what do I do? I don't take it as hard. I understand.

I understand its not perfect but she moved to Zhengzhou (12 million) as a girl. She is college educated and owns her own business. She is fineon her own. She never asked for money from me. She had an abusive marriage and wanted something different. I can't help it doesn't look good on paper and there is no going back so what do I do? I don't take it as hard. I understand.

Hi,

Here is the article I found on the internet. I hope this will make you feel better.

If you follow the advice that many people mentioned in this thread, I believe your case will likely be

re-affirmed unless there are serious problems mentioned in the article. It will just take longer time.

The article was published by the Department of States so it's very legitimate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1415.html

Please note the following in the article:

"posts seeking revocations must show the "factual and concrete reasons for revocation." USCIS has asked us to remind consular officers that revocation requests must provide solid, factual evidence of fraud or misrepresentation, evidence that is likely to stand up in a court of law. In the case of sham marriages, for example, 9 FAM 42.43 N2.2 notes that USCIS requires at the least either documentary evidence that money changed hands between the petitioner and beneficiary or factual evidence that would convince "a reasonable person" that the marriage was entered into solely to evade immigration laws. Without such evidence, USCIS will be unlikely to obtain a petition''s revocation if a petitioner chooses to contest a notice of intent to revoke."

Hang in there. Don't give up. It will just take longer time to bring your wife here.

chl2010

Hi,

Here is the article I found on the internet. I hope this will make you feel better.

If you follow the advice that many people mentioned in this thread, I believe your case will likely be

re-affirmed unless there are serious problems mentioned in the article. It will just take longer time.

The article was published by the Department of States so it's very legitimate.

http://travel.state....grams_1415.html

Please note the following in the article:

"posts seeking revocations must show the "factual and concrete reasons for revocation." USCIS has asked us to remind consular officers that revocation requests must provide solid, factual evidence of fraud or misrepresentation, evidence that is likely to stand up in a court of law. In the case of sham marriages, for example, 9 FAM 42.43 N2.2 notes that USCIS requires at the least either documentary evidence that money changed hands between the petitioner and beneficiary or factual evidence that would convince "a reasonable person" that the marriage was entered into solely to evade immigration laws. Without such evidence, USCIS will be unlikely to obtain a petition''s revocation if a petitioner chooses to contest a notice of intent to revoke."

Hang in there. Don't give up. It will just take longer time to bring your wife here.

chl2010

Wow, I had been too long without decent news and encouragement. Thank you.

I know in my heart we will eventually be sucessful.

You know, I could have gotten married as planned and then made a few trips back and forth trying to give an appearance of a bona fide relationship but, I thought we would be better served being honest.

I have 73 employees that depend on me so, my month long adventure of meeting her family, having the big family diner and gaining her fathers approval for her hand in marriage, the wedding and two and half week honey moon became my one shot to cover it all.

Time off is a rare commodity because of production demands so it looks bad on paper and I can just imagine how it looks but my wife paid for all the wedding and everything once I arrived in China, not the reverse...

It didn't help that I traded pay for days off when the plant went to four day work weeks for eight weeks. IE I traded my vacation for pay to keep the attorney and processing fees moving alone.

This on paper doesn't look good but my Vice President at the plant did write a nice letter on my behalf that we submitted with the blue letter.

Like I said, my wife only wants my love. That's all I have to offer her.

I guess I'm not blaming the VO. I'm blaming the system. I blame myself. Like I have said before I was very naive.

Wow, I had been too long without decent news and encouragement. Thank you.

I know in my heart we will eventually be sucessful.

You know, I could have gotten married as planned and then made a few trips back and forth trying to give an appearance of a bona fide relationship but, I thought we would be better served being honest.

I have 73 employees that depend on me so, my month long adventure of meeting her family, having the big family diner and gaining her fathers approval for her hand in marriage, the wedding and two and half week honey moon became my one shot to cover it all.

Time off is a rare commodity because of production demands so it looks bad on paper and I can just imagine how it looks but my wife paid for all the wedding and everything once I arrived in China, not the reverse...

It didn't help that I traded pay for days off when the plant went to four day work weeks for eight weeks. IE I traded my vacation for pay to keep the attorney and processing fees moving alone.

This on paper doesn't look good but my Vice President at the plant did write a nice letter on my behalf that we submitted with the blue letter.

Like I said, my wife only wants my love. That's all I have to offer her.

I guess I'm not blaming the VO. I'm blaming the system. I blame myself. Like I have said before I was very naive.

I can't blame the system either. You have got to spend more time visiting her in China to prove your relationship or move to China until she gets the visa to prove you are serious about the marriage. Look at your timeline/visits/when you met and got married and put yourself in the VO's shoes.

The fact that we let illegal immigration run crazy in the USA has nothing to do with immigration for chinese spouses. It is a whole separate issue that requires a response from the collective people of the USA. Since my wife and I moved back to the USA from China I have noticed that no-Spanish speaking immigrants are treated differently than the others. In other words the US govt bends over to you if you can speak Spanish whether you are here legally or not. Again it has nothing to do with your issue however.

I can't blame the system either. You have got to spend more time visiting her in China to prove your relationship or move to China until she gets the visa to prove you are serious about the marriage. Look at your timeline/visits/when you met and got married and put yourself in the VO's shoes.

The fact that we let illegal immigration run crazy in the USA has nothing to do with immigration for chinese spouses. It is a whole separate issue that requires a response from the collective people of the USA. Since my wife and I moved back to the USA from China I have noticed that no-Spanish speaking immigrants are treated differently than the others. In other words the US govt bends over to you if you can speak Spanish whether you are here legally or not. Again it has nothing to do with your issue however.

I blame the system only because whats good for one area of the process isn't neccesarily for good for another. At one point I spent an additionl 6 weeks and $210.00 to add the word "accurate" to our translated documents in China. I know it will all work out and I am heading back in a few months after my back heals from my surgery. I agree with everyone on here!!! Thank you.

I blame the system only because whats good for one area of the process isn't neccesarily for good for another. At one point I spent an additionl 6 weeks and $210.00 to add the word "accurate" to our translated documents in China. I know it will all work out and I am heading back in a few months after my back heals from my surgery. I agree with everyone on here!!! Thank you.

Why?? Did the consulate tell you to?

Why?? Did the consulate tell you to?

No my attorney did, because the Consulate documentation said the exact wording that they expected and we missed it by a few words. I told him, "hey, thats what it says", and he said, "does it"? I agreed that it didn't and asked my wife to go back to the exact person who had done all the translations and get them to adust the wording on all Translation Certifications...

No my attorney did, because the Consulate documentation said the exact wording that they expected and we missed it by a few words. I told him, "hey, thats what it says", and he said, "does it"? I agreed that it didn't and asked my wife to go back to the exact person who had done all the translations and get them to adust the wording on all Translation Certifications...

OF-169:

TRANSLATIONS:

All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations. A competent translator must certify the translation and swear to the accuracy of the document before a notary public.

USCIS has "Suggested wording"

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Never heard of anyone having any problems with the normal notary translations in China, they are accepted as is.

Sounds like more lawyer problems.

I don't want to start a bandwagon on lawyers but if a lawyer (generality here, not just specifically this case) is focusing more on small stuff and not on suggestions of how to ensure the relationship looks good to the Consulate in GUZ (not just based on their experience or what they read about other consulates around the world), then it may be time to get a second opinion. Any lawyer will say they can represent you but ask about their direct experience with GUZ; not just filing but dealing with blue slips too.

If a lawyer cannot find potential problems in your relationship but you got a blue or white, they may just be looking through green (color of money) colored glasses. It's probably very easy to suggest a few issues in any relation going through GUZ and I bet many here could construct their own list.

Again, I am not trying to pick on this case but use part of it as an example.