Air China

Just wondering if anyone has experience flying Air China. Booking

a trip back for Guichun next month and I always stick with

Continental but she found a better deal out of JFK with Air China.

I'm just not sure how they are with international flights.

My wife came on Air China. GUZ-PEK_JFK.

She said they were pretty good.

You can also check reviews by passengers.

My wife came on Air China. GUZ-PEK_JFK.

She said they were pretty good.

You can also check reviews by passengers.

Thanks, will do :blink:

And their flight attedentents are much better to look at than US flagged carriers. :)

As is the service.

There are only 6 "5 Star" airlines in the world.

Cathay, Asiana, Singapore , Malaysian , Kingfisher (All Asian airlines)

The only non Asian airlines on the list is Qatar.

Surprise none of the US carriers are on that list. :ph34r:

And their flight attedentents are much better to look at than US flagged carriers. :)

As is the service.

There are only 6 "5 Star" airlines in the world.

Cathay, Asiana, Singapore , Malaysian , Kingfisher (All Asian airlines)

The only non Asian airlines on the list is Qatar.

Surprise none of the US carriers are on that list. :ph34r:

They never will be again..we all know why.

Keep a eye in Etihad, they are moving up quick. Great service too.

No worries with Air China...flown them, (when going into Beijing) and China Southern (when flying into Guanzhou). I read somewhere Air China is the safest airline of all China's airlines. Maybe it was Air China's flight magazine... ;)

I've flown Air China in the steerage section with little people and business class with the heavyweights. Steerage was okay, but business class was out of this world. :unsure:

Unfortunately, I cannot afford $3500 for business class when it's only a 12-14 hour flight, but if I were in to squandering my money, I'd feel like it was worth it. :D

I have made 6 trips to Chengdu on Air China with no problems whatsoever. Flight attendants are exceptionally friendly and courteous. 5 trips were economy and 1 was first class. To me, the difference in price wasn't worth it. In economy you are on the same flight with the heavy weights ... you get to your destination in the same amount of time ... the food is pretty decent. The down side to economy ... you do not have your own entrance/exit door to the cabin ... you don't have the extra wide reclining seats ... you don't have the fancy bar in the center of the cabin ... you don't have your own personal flight attendant calling you by name ... you don't avoid being run over by the hoards trying to exit the aircraft all at once upon arrival and most importantly ... you don't avoid have some kid kicking the hell out of the back of your seat or crying in your ear for 15 hours. I may be getting old but for the difference in price, I'd stick it out in economy. Besides, the price you pay for one first class ticket is what you pay for two 2 round trip economy tickets. I'll take the two trips for the price of one.

Also, bring two spare batteries for your laptop as there are no electrical outlets on Air China. I made one trip on China Air that was a complete fiasco (it was the only ticket I could get in August. Every tried to get a ticket to China in August?? No fun at all$$$$!). The only good think was that every seat had an electrical outlet staring you right in the face on the back of the seat in front of you. The little green light next to the outlet comes on when it was OK to use your laptop and turns red on take off and landing. That was the only thing good about that flight!

I think you're OK with China Air and will most definitely like it. Have a great trip and good luck at your destination!

Ok, my two MAO...but please don't anyone comment with the old and tired..."Two Mercedes Comments".

Air China is one of the three or four airlines I PREFER TO FLY. Here is the place where an oft handed comment would come - I ALWAYS FLY BUSINESS OR FIRST CLASS.

Additionally, when I originate in Hawaii - Air China has a convenient flight to Taipei - then I can quickly connect with them or Cathy to HK and then home in Xiamen. Unfortunately the quick flight from Hawaii arrives too late in the morning to avail oneself to the direct flight that recently was allowed - as it leaves at 8:30 AM...direct to Xiamen - eliminating the HK portion.

OK, I find the following in business/first in terms of best service - comfort etc.....Korean, EVA/China Air, JAL, Thai, Air China. (I have limited experience with Singapore Air who I have heard has good service.

I avoid, if at all possible, flying on US Carriers - with the exception of Hawaiian or Alaska Air. Unfortunately, the routes are limited.

ALSO...just flew from Hawaii to RNO via SFO - on United. OMG - what a disaster in First Class.....food terrible, all but one flight attendant so cranky she was almost as bad as ME...with a 6 month old in my arms. Delay in SFO for 3:15 HRS....OMG just shoot me if I go on United Again...I quit them 20 years ago....and I caved in to my wife who wanted the most direct flight. (My choice was FREE 1st Class with Hawaiian to SAC then drive home.....saves money time etc..)

Enjoy...the Asian Airlines they are worlds above the US airlines who have forgotten what service is all about!

Ok, my two MAO...but please don't anyone comment with the old and tired..."Two Mercedes Comments".

Air China is one of the three or four airlines I PREFER TO FLY. Here is the place where an oft handed comment would come - I ALWAYS FLY BUSINESS OR FIRST CLASS.

Additionally, when I originate in Hawaii - Air China has a convenient flight to Taipei - then I can quickly connect with them or Cathy to HK and then home in Xiamen. Unfortunately the quick flight from Hawaii arrives too late in the morning to avail oneself to the direct flight that recently was allowed - as it leaves at 8:30 AM...direct to Xiamen - eliminating the HK portion.

OK, I find the following in business/first in terms of best service - comfort etc.....Korean, EVA/China Air, JAL, Thai, Air China. (I have limited experience with Singapore Air who I have heard has good service.

I avoid, if at all possible, flying on US Carriers - with the exception of Hawaiian or Alaska Air. Unfortunately, the routes are limited.

ALSO...just flew from Hawaii to RNO via SFO - on United. OMG - what a disaster in First Class.....food terrible, all but one flight attendant so cranky she was almost as bad as ME...with a 6 month old in my arms. Delay in SFO for 3:15 HRS....OMG just shoot me if I go on United Again...I quit them 20 years ago....and I caved in to my wife who wanted the most direct flight. (My choice was FREE 1st Class with Hawaiian to SAC then drive home.....saves money time etc..)

Enjoy...the Asian Airlines they are worlds above the US airlines who have forgotten what service is all about!

Bingo! I avoid flying domestic airlines as much as I can.

Asiana is the best I have ever flown followed by Cathay.

My kids have flown Singapore and they were raving about it.

The quality of the service on these Airlines is far superior to any domestic airlines.