The beginning of the end...

Ok, this maybe a really stupid question... I've prepared a document about the ex-wife. It had information as to when & how we meet, when we divorced, her ssn number, last know residence but No Telephone number. Here is the dumb question: Will it be an issue if I do NOT have her current telephone number? .. :ok:

Just asking

Dan :unsure:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, i was just listing random stuff. I think it would be best to err on the side of more information rather than less, but your best bet is to look for a thread where someone else had this request (its not that uncommon in the realm of GUZ) and see exactly what it asked for.

Ok, this maybe a really stupid question... I've prepared a document about the ex-wife. It had information as to when & how we meet, when we divorced, her ssn number, last know residence but No Telephone number. Here is the dumb question: Will it be an issue if I do NOT have her current telephone number? .. :)

Just asking

Dan :lol:

It might be an issue if you DO have her phone number (unless you have children) - they are not really looking for contact information on her, but just to know that you are not in cahoots. "Last known <____whatever____>" is a good expression to use here.

This way you will know what they'll want to see on interview day (such as ex-wife's employment address, name, and all that good stuff they ask for, if you have an ex- IN ADDITION to the divorce decree),

?! Where/when did you see that asked for? There are many divorced people who have no idea what there ex is up to or where they live.

All of that should be included with the original petition. If you don't know where they are then you provide a statement saying so.

I only saw in the instructions to include a copy of the divorce decree. But if people want to include all kind of other information that can trip them up later it is fine by me.

This way you will know what they'll want to see on interview day (such as ex-wife's employment address, name, and all that good stuff they ask for, if you have an ex- IN ADDITION to the divorce decree),

?! Where/when did you see that asked for? There are many divorced people who have no idea what there ex is up to or where they live.

All of that should be included with the original petition. If you don't know where they are then you provide a statement saying so.

I only saw in the instructions to include a copy of the divorce decree. But if people want to include all kind of other information that can trip them up later it is fine by me.

In my case it netted a visa. All cases are not the same.

In my case, without the ex information, it netted a visa. Maybe because I was divorced many years before marrying my current wife it was not an issue. Who knows.

In my case, without the ex information, it netted a visa. Maybe because I was divorced many years before marrying my current wife it was not an issue. Who knows.

As I said, all cases are not the same. :huh:

Obviously - you provide what you are asked for. It is the VO (on a blue slip) who may or may not ask for the information.

Again, every case is different.

Some people make it their mission in life to have available anything that someone ELSE may have been asked for, just in case.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Some people make it their mission in life to have available anything that someone ELSE may have been asked for, just in case.

Like i said, dont give 'em a chance in hell to refuse ya! ;)

For the most part, you only get one real shot at the visa. Might as well do your best, or be prepared for the VO to roll the dice.

Edited by moonandstar99 (see edit history)

Like i said, dont give 'em a chance in hell to refuse ya! ;)

For the most part, you only get one real shot at the visa. Might as well do your best, or be prepared for the VO to roll the dice.

Congrats

So, what we are saying is to have the information I have, "avaliable" just in case they ask for it, correct? So, the wife should or should not offer up this document? As I previously stated, I put the following information:

• name
  • ssn (have it from old income tax return)
  • last known location - from a nearly two years ago
  • date we divorced

I realize that every situation requires a different approach, different supporting documents. The reason I am giving my wife this document is "just in case" they ask for it. Now, they may only ask for the wife about my ex.... no more..

Getting those pre-interivew jitters.... ;)

Dan

Correct. After that, the hardest part is just trying to get them to see it, but as long as you get a semi-competent VO, that shouldn't be a problem.

I think you'll do fine- i prepared LOADS of documents that weren't at all necessary, but if i thought there was at least a 1% chance of it being asked for, i had it ready to go. [ie, resume for myself and my finacee, (where fiancee's is sometimes asked for if CCP) even though my fiancee was not CCP- prepared because i thought it would help our case for domicile, reinforce the fact that she's not CCP, and also clear up any misunderstandings they may have about her or my previous employments]

O yea, and you shouldn't need to offer it up, just have it in case. Dont forget to prepare your girl to know when and how use it, too.

Edited by moonandstar99 (see edit history)

Correct. After that, the hardest part is just trying to get them to see it, but as long as you get a semi-competent VO, that shouldn't be a problem.

I think you'll do fine- i prepared LOADS of documents that weren't at all necessary, but if i thought there was at least a 1% chance of it being asked for, i had it ready to go. [ie, resume for myself and my finacee, (where fiancee's is sometimes asked for if CCP) even though my fiancee was not CCP- prepared because i thought it would help our case for domicile, reinforce the fact that she's not CCP, and also clear up any misunderstandings they may have about her or my previous employments]

O yea, and you shouldn't need to offer it up, just have it in case. Dont forget to prepare your girl to know when and how use it, too.

When you mean "how to use it?" are you meaning, only to give if asked for, correct? I think as long as she answers them, a written document should not be needed. But I will prepare a short one, just in case.

This is driving me nuts..... :wacko:

Thanks

Dan

When you mean "how to use it?" are you meaning, only to give if asked for, correct? I think as long as she answers them, a written document should not be needed. But I will prepare a short one, just in case.

This is driving me nuts..... :wacko:

Thanks

Dan

Yea, in this case pretty much just if its asked for.

The reason i said 'prepare her on how to use it' was because i trained my girl how to use some of the less-direct documents to prove up other obsticals.

For example, i included 6 months of bank statements for my usa bank account in my I-134. The primary purpose for this is to prove how much money i had in the bank. But it also served another purpose:

I 'trained' my girl how to use it, by saying that should they want evidence for domicile, (as just one thing she could say>) she should direct them to the statements, as it shows active use of my bank account, while in china and in the US.