LOVE AND MARRIAGE

Guest jin979

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone do me a favor? Please bring flowers to my grave :P :) I'll write a thank-you card in advance.

I'm the mother of a child. I've lived long enough :lol:

Oh no, you don't get out of this that easily; you have lots to experience yet. Wait til that child brings home a significant other from another country and culture! :P

Wait til that child brings home a significant other from another country and culture! :lol:
The situation is much worse than this. My daughter robbed the wool scarf I knitted, for her boyfriend.

I have to knit another one, for my fat guy.

Edited by SmilingAsia (see edit history)
Guest jin979
Wait til that child brings home a significant other from another country and culture! :D
The situation is much worse than this. My daughter robbed the wool scarf I knitted, for her boyfriend.

I have to knit another one, for my fat guy.

;) :lol:

You your wife and children are in a boat its sinking,you are in the water,only you can swin,you can only save one, who do you save wife or child ?

jin,

what is your answer? who would you save? your husband or children, and please, only 1. :P

husband of course, then can make more children . :P

My son of course, only one of him but millions of women to replace wifey.

sperm talking ?

Read chinese romance and what a husband will sacrifice for the love of his wife, or a lovers to each other, maybe never marry,its both selfice and sacrifice mixed, all I try to do is help you think chinese women

I would also hope that my wife would save my son, over me.

It's not "sperm talking"...perhaps just a different opinion, which is that the primary reason for marriage is to raise a family, the reason for family is to help each new generation improve its standing in the world. Both my wife & I agree that we would put our children first. Of course until faced with such a grave hypothetical decision, we'll also continue to enjoy our loving, romantic time together.

<_<

but for many families all over time this not hypothethical, its real ?

Well, I am not so sure about that. But my brother, my sister-in-law and her family faced a similar situation. My sister in law was giving birth to their first child and she had complications during the birth. Doctors came out and said they might be able to save 1 of them and gave the family members 1 minute to decide which one had priority. Her family insisted on saving the child. They chose the child over their own daughter, mainly because they felt that would be what their daughter would want.

As TLB said, most moms would want the kids saved first. Its generally our culture for kids to be put first in many things. This has caused quite a few arguments between me and my wife.

Tough call.

In the above situation, I would probably save my wife, unless she verbally instructed me otherwise.

In Jin's scenario, I would probably choose my child. If my wife was in my position, I hope she would save our child from drowning.

Guest Pommey

but for many families all over time this not hypothethical, its real ?

Well, I am not so sure about that. But my brother, my sister-in-law and her family faced a similar situation. My sister in law was giving birth to their first child and she had complications during the birth. Doctors came out and said they might be able to save 1 of them and gave the family members 1 minute to decide which one had priority. Her family insisted on saving the child. They chose the child over their own daughter, mainly because they felt that would be what their daughter would want.

As TLB said, most moms would want the kids saved first. Its generally our culture for kids to be put first in many things. This has caused quite a few arguments between me and my wife.

Tough call.

In the above situation, I would probably save my wife, unless she verbally instructed me otherwise.

In Jin's scenario, I would probably choose my child. If my wife was in my position, I hope she would save our child from drowning.

good answer :D

• 4 weeks later...

I hate these sorts of questions. And the "right" answer that is supposed to not piss off your wife is that you'd save her and have more kids? Do these wives have children of their own yet? And they'd seriously expect their husbands not to save those children? I can't fathom that.

I can't say what I would do in a hypothetical not likely ever to occur situation, but I can say fairly certainly that, as a mother, if my husband saved me and let our two and a half year old son or our four month old daughter drown I would never forgive either of us. I seriously doubt I could go on living. Make more babies indeed. Children are not replaceable.

I'm taking this question far too seriously though, considering the other responses! :huh:

I think my wife and I would both do the same thing: save the kids. If I saved her and not the kids, I doubt she'd ever forgive me.

• 1 month later...

It is hard for me to imagine any man save his wife and let his child float on downstream. Even harder for me to imagine any wife doing the same for the husband.

I think that most people who have had kids would agree. Most would save the kids above all else.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, 5000 years of culture...I know the answer..save wife. but I think when it came down to it, it would be who is closer to you.

If it was the birthing time and problem. Save the wife..and yes I have had 3 kids. Either way I loss, I either loss my child or loss my wife. both the love of my life.

The question is, can I live with my choice afterwards....

Always save Mother first..hehe I got that one down pat and it better be her mother :ok:

What if the husband said he would save you before marriage, but saved the child instead in reality after marriage? The result, the wife got drowned; and the marriage was over.

then it sounds like the marriage was really over beforehand but one (or both) didn't realize it; in one's reality, words can parade as meaningful. The other's reality had some catching up to do... by that time, they are sinking deeper and deeper...