LOVE AND MARRIAGE

Guest jin979

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if my marriage is shity and i mean really shity to the core, NONE. a change for me to RESTART my life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P i bet alot of people out there would like a RESTART. :P

:D

Ok Jin, I would save kids first. I brought them into this world and it is my job to protect them and they are less developed and cant fend for themselves as much as an adult. Then I would go save wife and I would keep trying to save wife even if it meant drowning because if wife doesnt live then I dont want to either. Right, isnt this what chinese girls want to hear?

I have been down this road before. :D

Guest jin979

if my marriage is shity and i mean really shity to the core, NONE. a change for me to RESTART my life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :P i bet alot of people out there would like a RESTART. :P

:D

Ok Jin, I would save kids first. I brought them into this world and it is my job to protect them and they are less developed and cant fend for themselves as much as an adult. Then I would go save wife and I would keep trying to save wife even if it meant drowning because if wife doesnt live then I dont want to either. Right, isnt this what chinese girls want to hear?

I have been down this road before. :D

The question is you can only save one, which ?

Oh this has nothing to do with "shitty marraige"

I love both my wife and (future) kids so much that I'd make sure they were wearing life vests before they stepped on the boat. With proper preparation, these types of "hypothetical" situations can be easily avoided.

I know I love my wife more than myself, and I suspect if we had children, I'd feel the same way. Personally, I don't really enjoy thinking of such tragic situations with the purpose of thinking "what would I do?"

To be honest, as the husband (or father), I'd rather try my best to take preemptive measures to ensure such things do not happen (to anyone in my family). To me, the forethought, shows the most love.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

that question was asked last year with mother instead of children. i answered her that i would throw a life preserver to her and jump in to save my mother. we had such a big fight over this stupid question. i know she was setting me up, no matter what, i would answered it wrong because i would really do that if that happens to me, saving both and not just one.

shitty marriage? seriously...i wish i have a restart or redo button when things go wrong in life. :D

Jin I know the answer that you are seeking. The answer will depend on whether the husband is an American or a Chinese man. Americans probably will answer 90% save the child. It is their innate belief that children have to be taken care of at all cost. Most Chinese men will look at children as replaceable with the wife.

This is why, in my opinion, that divorced Chinese women with children seek American men as they know that he will take the Chinese child as his own and treat him/her the same as his own. Most Chinese men will not.

I've seen the same scenario with the wife and husband's mother is in the sinking/overturned boat. Who does he save?

Larry

Guest jin979

You your wife and children are in a boat its sinking,you are in the water,only you can swin,you can only save one, who do you save wife or child ?

jin,

what is your answer? who would you save? your husband or children, and please, only 1. :D

husband of course, then can make more children . :lol:

I'm a strong swimmer, so I'd want to take both of them at the same time; maybe we'd all three drown, but I couldn't leave either of them. Or else the wife would insist on my taking the child and leaving her back, which I'd probably then do.

Remember this: "If me and Buster were hanging over a cliff..."

the silliness of the commercial reflects, I think, the attitude most Americans (men anyway) have toward such hypotheticals... :D

Guest jin979

I'm a strong swimmer, so I'd want to take both of them at the same time; maybe we'd all three drown, but I couldn't leave either of them. Or else the wife would insist on my taking the child and leaving her back, which I'd probably then do.

Remember this: "If me and Buster were hanging over a cliff..."

the silliness of the commercial reflects, I think, the attitude most Americans (men anyway) have toward such hypotheticals... :D

but for many families all over time this not hypothethical, its real ?

sorry maybe tile is wrong, but I cant edit that.

Edited by jin979 (see edit history)

but for many families all over time this not hypothethical, its real ?

Well, I am not so sure about that. But my brother, my sister-in-law and her family faced a similar situation. My sister in law was giving birth to their first child and she had complications during the birth. Doctors came out and said they might be able to save 1 of them and gave the family members 1 minute to decide which one had priority. Her family insisted on saving the child. They chose the child over their own daughter, mainly because they felt that would be what their daughter would want.

As TLB said, most moms would want the kids saved first. Its generally our culture for kids to be put first in many things. This has caused quite a few arguments between me and my wife.