Guangzhou here I come

I am leaving for Guangzhou March 15, 2010 and her interview is on March 18, 2010. Getting closer and right now I am pretty fired. I just hope I do not forget anything. The count down is on. Looking for a pink slip this time around. :) :)

Michael

I'll echo Chilton's remark. We look forward to hearing about your success.

I am leaving for Guangzhou March 15, 2010 and her interview is on March 18, 2010. Getting closer and right now I am pretty fired. I just hope I do not forget anything. The count down is on. Looking for a pink slip this time around. :) :)

Michael

First of all, Good Luck and you will both be in our prayers. Since your wife is in China and you are here, I would venture to guess that the biggest hurdle to success will be those "bonafide relationship" issues that Guz seems to bring up.

I'm glad to hear you are getting there a few days early so you two can practice the interview using questions others have gotten and posted on this site. I did that for months with my wife of the internet. When it was time for the interview, she knew what to expect, what the questions meant and how to best answer them to rack up the most "brownie points" and show that our relationship was indeed a true and happy one.

Bringing as much info as possible to show day to day contact (internet logs, telephone logs, cards, receipts if you sent flowers for special occasions or if you posted gifts to China, etc) will help a lot. Probably even a little overkill like transcripts of internet chats wouldn't hurt. Organize it by year and month and you can establish a consistent pattern of daily (or almost daily) mutual contact. It also may help if you have evidence that you added your wife as a beneficiary to life insurance or if you can show evidence you are laying the groundwork for life together in the USA.

Perhaps evidence that have contacted someone to get her health insurance coverage, to add her to the bank account etc might help? Although you really can't do too much until she is here, it shows you are planning your future life together. Maybe some letters from friends and relatives about your wedding and daily contact might also carry some weight (e.g. letters from your buddies noting how they know you are in daily contact and planning the life together.

Godspeed!

TB

ps - Oshkosh by Gosh! Don't forget to bring something from US to celebrate your success :) Wisconsin cheese was a big hit with my relatives! And prepare to be blessed for a great life together!

Michael

First of all, Good Luck and you will both be in our prayers. Since your wife is in China and you are here, I would venture to guess that the biggest hurdle to success will be those "bonafide relationship" issues that Guz seems to bring up.

I'm glad to hear you are getting there a few days early so you two can practice the interview using questions others have gotten and posted on this site. I did that for months with my wife of the internet. When it was time for the interview, she knew what to expect, what the questions meant and how to best answer them to rack up the most "brownie points" and show that our relationship was indeed a true and happy one.

Bringing as much info as possible to show day to day contact (internet logs, telephone logs, cards, receipts if you sent flowers for special occasions or if you posted gifts to China, etc) will help a lot. Probably even a little overkill like transcripts of internet chats wouldn't hurt. Organize it by year and month and you can establish a consistent pattern of daily (or almost daily) mutual contact. It also may help if you have evidence that you added your wife as a beneficiary to life insurance or if you can show evidence you are laying the groundwork for life together in the USA.

Perhaps evidence that have contacted someone to get her health insurance coverage, to add her to the bank account etc might help? Although you really can't do too much until she is here, it shows you are planning your future life together. Maybe some letters from friends and relatives about your wedding and daily contact might also carry some weight (e.g. letters from your buddies noting how they know you are in daily contact and planning the life together.

Godspeed!

TB

ps - Oshkosh by Gosh! Don't forget to bring something from US to celebrate your success :) Wisconsin cheese was a big hit with my relatives! And prepare to be blessed for a great life together!

Thanks for the great information. Well I even put her on my taxes for 2009. Just picked them up today. There is form W-7 that had to be filled out and this way I can put her on my taxes. It is called a Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Takes place of a social security number.I thought to myself that is great proof. She wants me to write a letter of intent. Do you see any pupose of that or do you think it will help?

I sure will take Cheese with me. God only know there is a lot of that around here.

Michael :)

Thanks for the great information. Well I even put her on my taxes for 2009. Just picked them up today. There is form W-7 that had to be filled out and this way I can put her on my taxes. It is called a Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Takes place of a social security number.I thought to myself that is great proof. She wants me to write a letter of intent. Do you see any pupose of that or do you think it will help?

I sure will take Cheese with me. God only know there is a lot of that around here.

Michael :)

A letter of intent might be confusing as you are already married. I am not sure what the letter would say except that you hope to live together. I hope Guz is smart enough to figure out since that's why you are filing for her visa.

Having said that - [others here may have better ideas], I would think bringing notarized letters from friends/relatives acknowledging your marriage may help. What do you think? If you were Guz and saw a notarized letter stating

"I am Michael's (neighbor/son/brother/friend etc) and have known him for 12 years. We go to lunch together about once a week. I know that Michael talks to his wife every day as Fengjie often calls when I am there. She always asks me about my kids and I always say hello to her and ask her about the weather. Michael has been working hard to get his home ready for her arrival and they both are very excited about their new life together. In fact, I helped Michael pick out a new set of wine glasses as Fengjie loves to cook and entertain"

I can't speak for everyone at Guz, but if I saw a couple notarized letters like this along the usual pictures together, evidence of meeting, evedence of contact) I'd be thinking pink.

Best of Luck

TB