Wife will be here in 46 hours

new red sheets for the bed, new bed if any other women has slept on the one you got.

Or, if you ever thought about another woman when you were in it....

Or, if another woman may have thought about you in it....

Or, if you want HER in it.....

GET A NEW BED!!!

Listen to these two advice. Red sheets and new bed.

Also about the roses: One rose represents that 'you are my only love'; two, 'only we two in the world'; three, the three moving words 'I love you'; and nine, 'everlasting love'

The USA traditional dozen roses means nothing. I would go with 3 or 9 roses and tell her Wo Ai Ni when you give them to her.

Best of luck and glad to hear you are almost there!!

You are wrong. A dozen roses has alot of meaning. The number twelve has alot of meaning to begin with. Need I explain them to you? And it's not an American tradition but a tradition going back to the Victorian Era of the United Kingdom. But just to give you a little hint, giving a lady that you love a dozen roses is saying, "I love you every month of the year!"...

new red sheets for the bed, new bed if any other women has slept on the one you got.

GET A NEW BED!!!

Also about the roses: One rose represents that 'you are my only love'; two, 'only we two in the world'; three, the three moving words 'I love you'; and nine, 'everlasting love'

The USA traditional dozen roses means nothing. I would go with 3 or 9 roses and tell her Wo Ai Ni when you give them to her.

You are wrong. A dozen roses has alot of meaning. The number twelve has alot of meaning to begin with. Need I explain them to you? And it's not an American tradition but a tradition going back to the Victorian Era of the United Kingdom. But just to give you a little hint, giving a lady that you love a dozen roses is saying, "I love you every month of the year!"...

Sorry. I meant for a chinese person it means nothing unless they know USA customs.

GET A NEW BED!!!

Sorry. I meant for a chinese person it means nothing unless they know USA customs.

If what you say is true, then your sentence is incomplete. It's fragmented, being that it has no object in directing the meaning of the subject and the action of the verb. If your sentence read, "The USA traditional dozen roses means nothing to a Chinese woman.", then it would be structured properly with the object representing the clause. But you didn't do that, leaving the subject open for whatever the verb commands, as you can well see. It can almost be called a dangling participle but I don't think it is quite there. I'm not an English teacher but I know how to write a sentence.

BTW- what does DT mean in the pm you sent me concerning my reply in this thread? Is it a derogatory remark of some kind? I don't know what you are trying to say.

Furthermore, if you have any contentions with me, I like to keep it public instead of sneaking around with pm's like a little kid behind closed doors. At least until the administrators shut it down.

I'm not here to fight with you either, Alan, but your sentence is offensive. Like I said; it has no object and I'm not afraid to refute it when the meaning is directed to the subject. Again, if what you say is true, I'll retract my response to your remark but I won't apologize for it.

Errrrr wow. Some one gots a gud grade in eglash class..... :P

Lol man you lost me about 5 words in. I only know a noun is a person, place or thing because Conjunction Junction told me so.

I liked those cartoons they tricked us in to learning with..... Conjuncton Junction whats yer function.......

I liked the one where the little bill becomes a law too.

GET A NEW BED!!!

If what you say is true, then your sentence is incomplete. It's fragmented, being that it has no object in directing the meaning of the subject and the action of the verb. If your sentence read, "The USA traditional dozen roses means nothing to a Chinese woman.", then it would be structured properly with the object representing the clause. But you didn't do that, leaving the subject open for whatever the verb commands, as you can well see. It can almost be called a dangling participle but I don't think it is quite there. I'm not an English teacher but I know how to write a sentence.

BTW- what does DT mean in the pm you sent me concerning my reply in this thread? Is it a derogatory remark of some kind? I don't know what you are trying to say.

Furthermore, if you have any contentions with me, I like to keep it public instead of sneaking around with pm's like a little kid behind closed doors. At least until the administrators shut it down.

I'm not here to fight with you either, Alan, but your sentence is offensive. Like I said; it has no object and I'm not afraid to refute it when the meaning is directed to the subject. Again, if what you say is true, I'll retract my response to your remark but I won't apologize for it.

Errrrr wow. Some one gots a gud grade in eglash class..... :P

Lol man you lost me about 5 words in. I only know a noun is a person, place or thing because Conjunction Junction told me so.

I liked those cartoons they tricked us in to learning with..... Conjuncton Junction whats yer function.......

I liked the one where the little bill becomes a law too.

Those two were pretty good. I still remember them both!......... :lol:

But the one I really remember watching as a little kid is the "bouncing ball". Remember that one? That was was really neat. I learned a song from watching one of them and to this day, I have never forgotten it, not one single lyric! :P Ain't she sweet. See her walking down the street. Now I ask you very confidentially, ain't she sweet. :whistling:...................:lol:

But the one I really remember watching as a little kid is the "bouncing ball". Remember that one? That was was really neat. I learned a song from watching one of them and to this day, I have never forgotten it, not one single lyric! :P Ain't she sweet. See her walking down the street. Now I ask you very confidentially, ain't she sweet. :whistling:...................:lol:

I remember when they used to do that at movie theaters

Really good information. I think these are the important ones most Chinese women know about. The first time I gave my wife a rose I only got her one, not really aware of the different symbolism of each number. Every Chinese person I talked to while holding the rose said, "ahhh, yi xin yi yi" (as you said, "my only love"). But, I must admit, when I was deciding how many to buy my main motivation was to give myself room to improve in the future without breaking the bank. Why start too high the first time? Assuming you haven't given her roses before, I think one rose would be very nice and would get you the bulk of the points, with more roses having "diminishing marginal utility" for each one.

Just doing a little perusing online, though, it seems like just about any number could have some special meaning. e.g., on "baidu zhidao," in response to the question, "how many roses to give on valentine's day?" the person at the bottom proceeded to give meanings for about 40 different numbers of roses. Whether any normal person would know 90% of these, I have no idea but kinda doubt it... http://zhidao.baidu.com/question/85695932.html

As far as carrying your wife across the threshold, I think it would be a cute and very romantic thing to do. You're probably familiar with the custom in many places that, on a Chinese bride's wedding day, she is lifted out of the car and carried into the home without her feet touching the ground. Your wife may be impressed/touched if you bring this up and do it with her?...

Hi My wife is big into Chinese tradition and I will pick her up at the airport on Friday afternoon. I wanted to have our house ready for her so here is what I was thinking if I forgot anything please fill me in

A dozen roses on the table at home. I cannot bring them to the airport the sheer cold will kill them

Candles not sure what scent to get I don't know what she likes if anybody has any suggestions. I know everybody is different however what I don't want to get something she might not like.

Rose pedals for the bed.

Should I carry her over the threashold like you do when your first married? Also should I bring her in threw the front door or the door in the garage?

and of course the house will be very clean. any other suggestions woudl be very helpful. Thanks

In China, 12 roses actually signals 1 heart for 2 people.

Instead, you want to buy 11 roses, which means 1 heart for 1 person.

I am writting all these ideas down....I have 19 days and counting :D . I wish I had not gone out and bought new bath towels now :unsure: . No one but me has slept in my bed.......and I have only thought about her in it :P ......I think I am good there. Conputer was cleaned 2 weeks ago ;)

You are almost ready.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

1 hour and 30 minutes her plane should land, I got a call form the airport in Minniapolis and somebody was helping her get to her plane.

That's good that someone was able to help her get where she needed to go. Good luck to the both of you.