Guangzhou here I come

It is official I will be leaving for Guangzhou on March 15, 2010. I did take Dan's advice and I am flying United. I leave right out of Appleton, Wisconsin of which is very close to home.

I fly Appleton to Chicago

Chicago to Hong Kong

Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Dragon Air

April 2, 2010

Beijing to Chicago

Chicago to Appleton

What I like it is a straight flight to Chicago. We have plenty of time in Chicago for her. Plus this was all cheaper than if I had gone to Chicago or Milwaukee. I would have to pay to park. Took me a lot of searching to get the right flights. I fly all United except from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. Has anyone flown United? I think Dan has. Just wondered how it was. This is really fired up.

Now I need to get this house of mine in shape. And then get my kitchen sink together. Is there anything that I am forgetting?

Once again herr interview is March 18, 2010 at 7:15am.

This is a great feeling. :P

Michael

It is official I will be leaving for Guangzhou on March 15, 2010. I did take Dan's advice and I am flying United. I leave right out of Appleton, Wisconsin of which is very close to home.

Chicago to Hong Kong

April 2, 2010

Beijing to Chicago

Chicago to Appleton

What I like it is a straight flight to Chicago. We have plenty of time in Chicago for her. Plus this was all cheaper than if I had gone to Chicago or Milwaukee. I would have to pay to park. Took me a lot of searching to get the right flights. I fly all United except from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. Has anyone flown United? I think Dan has. Just wondered how it was. This is really fired up.

Now I need to get this house of mine in shape. And then get my kitchen sink together. Is there anything that I am forgetting?

This is a great feeling. :P

Michael

I flew United from Washington Dulles to Bejing . Then Beijing to Wuhan, My return trip was the same, I had no problem with United and was a very comfortable ride. Good Luck to you Michael

Chicago to Hong Kong

April 2, 2010

Beijing to Chicago

Chicago to Appleton

This is a great feeling. :yahoo:

Michael

Good luck Michael, I know it will all work ot for you.

Robert

Chicago to Hong Kong

April 2, 2010

Beijing to Chicago

Chicago to Appleton

This is a great feeling. :yahoo:

Michael

Good luck Michael, I know it will all work ot for you.

Robert

Thanks Robert

Keep us posted on your big day coming up.

Michael

Is there anything that I am forgetting?

Michael

Three things to consider if you have not already done so

(1) Join United Airlines mileage club to get mileage credit for your flights.

(2) Consider signing up for the Chase United Visa card - when I got mine I got 25 or 30 thousand bonus miles which is almost 1/2 a round trip ticket to China

(3) It is a long flight so pick a good seat using one of these web sites,

http://www.seatguru.com/ or http://seatexpert.com/

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Now everyone tells me we should wait to make her flight. That Fengjie will be able to get on the same flights with me coming back to America. They say it is best to make it at Guangzhou. They have a places that will do it for you. I was looking it up today and I could make the reservation now. But I know I should wait. So what is the best thing to do. Like Robert case got a blue slip. Now my paper work went through the NVC here in US. So anytime there was a error they let me know and I fixed it. Any in put would be of some help.

Thanks,

Michael

A few years ago, my wife was able to match a fight to America with my return ticket (which was previously already set). We simply went into the China Southern office with my flight details and they were able to match us both up. We left from Wuhan. I think this is a doable option as long as the flight itself still has vacancies.

EDIT:

If I remember correctly, they didn't charge us for this service.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

Now everyone tells me we should wait to make her flight. That Fengjie will be able to get on the same flights with me coming back to America. They say it is best to make it at Guangzhou. They have a places that will do it for you. I was looking it up today and I could make the reservation now. But I know I should wait. So what is the best thing to do. Like Robert case got a blue slip. Now my paper work went through the NVC here in US. So anytime there was a error they let me know and I fixed it. Any in put would be of some help.

Thanks,

Michael

First of all, Best of Luck Michael. It may be a little easier to match a flight this time of year, as compared to holidays, or summer time. I have followed the flights the past few months and booked my 2 March trip to Chongqing. There were plenty of empty seats. I do not blame people for not wanting to travel this time of year with the crazy weather. Hate to sit in a snowed in airport for a few days. But we need to go.,,,,Good Luck......Bob.......