How to get her here

She can go China Eastern From Shanghai PuDong to JFK. Leaves PuDong at 6:30pm 3/7, arrives JFK at 7:45pm 3/7.

You can fly Delta from ATL to JFK, arrive about 3:30 pm 3/7.

Depending on how long it takes to get her through POE and Customs, you may ( or may not) be able to get back to ATL that night.

Would a night in the Big Apple be so bad?

Narita is very easy to transit. There will be many Chinese passengers that could help her get to her gate and the area where the Delta gates are isn't that big.

Thanks, I was worried about that too.

I gotta agree with Carl. You don't need to worry. My wife's parents who are 60+, never traveled outside of Nanning in their lives just came through Narita last November. They had absolutely no trouble at all. We took them through Hong Kong just so their transit city would be Narita.This is one of the easiest places to change planes you could want.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

I bought the ticket today for Na. WE chose the $861.00 flight from Changsha to Atlanta that goes thru GUZ and LA. I will meet her in LA. She is happy about this so now all that is left is getting her packed after CNY :blink: and waiting until March 7th :D

Robert

I bought the ticket today for Na. WE chose the $861.00 flight from Changsha to Atlanta that goes thru GUZ and LA. I will meet her in LA. She is happy about this so now all that is left is getting her packed after CNY :blink: and waiting until March 7th :D

Robert

Really good that you will meet her there. I really hate the way LAX is laid out. LAX is made up of 8 domestic terminals and the international terminal. It is difficult even for the seasoned traveler. She will have it easy to LAX. Then it won't matter cause her night in shining amour will be there to the rescue.

I have a flight 2 March, TRI ,,Atlanta to Lax to Shanghai to Chongqing,,,$1140. Delta,,Atlanta to Lax is $410.......China Eastern,,,Lax to Shanghai to Chongqing,,$730.through FlyChina.com..............Delta charges different rate for domestic to International on baggage.I think $50 on 2nd bag, 50 #.................April 2009, I flew Atlanta to Shanghai, but they don't have that flight now.

my POE was LAX

Airport is confusing and IO gave me longer interview than GUZ did, he was vey grumpy man.

CFL member Jay was there for if I missed connection flight, I made connection, maybe a member in LA will be her standby too .