How to get her here

I just got off line with my Na. She is scared to death about entering the USA at any POE other than Atlanta. She does not want to have to get on another flight because she is affraid she will get lost. I am curretnly looking on the internet for flights that come from Beijing to Atlanta or Shanghie to Atlanta. I think there are also flights thru Souel but I am not sure how that works because of overnight stay. any suggestion would be good. She needs to leave on the March 7 and be here on the 8th......we get married on the 13......please help :lol: . I found a flight on China Southern from Changsha to GUZ to LA to Atlanta for $861........I will also check the differnce for me to fly to LA to meet her and fly to Atlanta with her

Robert

I had the same problem.

I had Fen fly from GUZ to Bejing to JFk on Air China and not Seoul or non Chinese airline because of the language.

I also had her fill out copies of I-94 and customs before hand so I could check them.

If there is no direct flight from ANYWHERE in China to Atlanta I would suggest you going to her POE airport.

Also look at JFK as an POE as it might be cheaper for you to fly to JFK as opposed to LAX.

There are direct flights from Bejing and Shanghai to JFK.

If you do decide JFK, I would recommend Air China as they come to Terminal 1 which will be much faster then an airline comming to terminal 4 (The main international arrival terminal).

Delta has a direct flight from Shanghai to Atlanta everyday. I have flown it several times. The service is excellent. It is usually $800-1200 for a round trip ticket.

Makes sense since Atlanta is Delta's hub Airport.

I have looked at Delta's web site and can not find a NON stop flight to atlanta from Beijing or Shanghie. I did find one that has a hour and a half layover in Tokyo. What do they do for 1 hour???? Is there much chance of her getting lost....I know they need to change planes to make it to Atlanta

I have looked at Delta's web site and can not find a NON stop flight to atlanta from Beijing or Shanghie. I did find one that has a hour and a half layover in Tokyo. What do they do for 1 hour???? Is there much chance of her getting lost....I know they need to change planes to make it to Atlanta

You deplane, they re-fuel and take one additional passengers, and then re-board.

Sorry. The last time I went back to the States was May 2009. I found this on the internet (because I too could not find the flight from Shanghai on the Delta site).

http://www.chinaeconomicreview.com/china-e...ai_flights.html

Delta said travelers going from Atlanta to Shanghai would be routed on nonstop SkyTeam alliance flights or through Detroit and Tokyo-Narita, hubs Delta entered through its merger with Northwest Airlines last October.

Lani Wong, chair of the National Association of Chinese-Americans, called the news 'devastating' because of all the hard work that went into attracting the Shanghai flight.

Ms. Wong, whose organization often hosts Chinese delegates in Atlanta, noted that the Delta flight was nearly full when she returned from Shanghai on May 29.

So now you have to take the flight through Tokyo. Tokyo is a nice airport. Should not be a problem. The price is also much cheaper than the direct flight to Shanghai. I saw it was about 3800 RMB round trip.

But Delta fought like hell for this Shanghai flight (I even participated in their letter campaign to Congress to get this flight because from the southeast it is hell trying to fly to china). Then they shut it down when they merge with Northwest.

Does anyone know what Delta charges for bags? If I read correctly she can have 2 checked bags 50 punds or under for free. What about carry on???

I'd go to the Delta website and look it up for the words from the horse's mouth. I know Continental doesn't charge for two bags on international flights and you can carry 40lbs. in your correct sized carry on.

tsap seui