Visa in Hand

December 5th of 2008 we were denied a K1 visa it was sent back to the USCIS and then I posted my story on here asking for help. Many people suggested Marc Ellis so I retained his services. I married my fiancee and on 01/07/2010 she has the CR1 visa in her hand.

The main thing is to find your red flags and address them when you submit your petition. I know many people have told me I didn't need a lawyer but this is my wife and I didn't want to take that chance. I was willing to give up my country, religion, family, friends, house, possessions, good paying job and move to Vietnam or Canada to be with my wife.

You might have a red flag that you don't know about and if you don't address it properly and the consulate happens to find out about it that could result in you being denied. I knew most of my red flags but I didn't trust myself to address them properly.

After the petition was mailed but before the USCIS approved of it my wife found a mistake that we made. It was a mistake that would have gotten our visa denied. I told Mr. Ellis about it and he wrote a corrected letter that we submitted to the USCIS before they approved of our petition.

The day before my wife's interview Mr. Ellis wrote a 1 page letter and had me take it in during counselor hour. The day of the interview December 23rd they asked my wife a few questions then called me in and they interviewed both of us together then separate and issued the pink.

They told my wife to pick up the visa on December 30th so when she came in they told her to come back on January 7th because they didn't have it ready yet. January 7th came and she picked it up. I didn't want to post anything until she had the visa in her hand and now I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I have never experienced this kind of happiness before it's hard to put into words but I would like to say;

Thanks to all the people on Candle for Love that have emailed me and replied to my posts and thanks for suggesting Mr. Ellis.

Best regards

Bryon and Tran

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

Congrats Bryon! You guys have gone through so much, this is well-deserved. I am so excited for you two. When does she arrive?

If you have any other interview details from your wife or you, can you post them or PM me. I have a friend who has a fiancee in Vietnam now. They should be getting married either in April or the fall.

Congrats Bryon! You guys have gone through so much, this is well-deserved. I am so excited for you two. When does she arrive?

If you have any other interview details from your wife or you, can you post them or PM me. I have a friend who has a fiancee in Vietnam now. They should be getting married either in April or the fall.

I sent her the money for the ticket already but she was thinking of spending a few days of Chinese new year with her family then coming around feb 16th or 17th. I just hope the weather gets better by then today it was over 40 below with the wind chill.

They asked many questions they interviewed her first then they called me in. Here is some of what I could remember and if I remember more I will post it later.

asked us both but not at same time

How did you meet?

When was the last time you made love?

What are you plans after this? when did you arrive? when do you go back? and when would she go back?

What city did I stop in before I got to Vietnam?

How much money did you send her?

Do you have proof?

Have you ever been outside of the USA?

Where do you work?

Do you want to have children?

Do you use contraceptitves?

Asked us both together

How do you communicate with your wife?

Tell your wife to make dinner plans and invite me.

The cantonise translator then asked my wife what I said

What is your husbands favorite food

What does he like on his pizza

They asked my wife

How come your husband sent you that much money?

Can you speak english?

What color of shirt do I have on?

Thats all I remember so far

Very interesting. Since they have the opportunity to interview you together the questions get a bit personal don't they? :rolleyes:

How often do you make love?

Wife: Constantly! 2-3 times a week!

Husband: Hardly ever! 2-3 times a week!

Very interesting. Since they have the opportunity to interview you together the questions get a bit personal don't they? :lol:

The attorney's helper told us that there is a good chance they will interview both of us and he also told us of a case where the husband said last night at her mother place and the wife awnsered 2 days ago at the hotel. The visa was returned.

The day before the interview Tuesday we practiced some of the questions and we made love Monday night so that was the awnser she had memorized. But that Tuesday night before the interview we also made love in the morning.

I waited at the counsulate from 7AM she comes out at 1130AM I thought she was done but she told me they were on a lunch break.

When we were returning to the consulate after the lunch break she asked me do I still say Monday night was the last time we made love. I told her no forget what you memorized we made love last night you tell the trueth. A couple hours later when she came out to get me they asked me that question and they asked her that question it was shortly after that we got the visa.

So knowing that played a big part in us getting the visa.

Very interesting. Since they have the opportunity to interview you together the questions get a bit personal don't they? :lol:

The attorney's helper told us that there is a good chance they will interview both of us and he also told us of a case where the husband said last night at her mother place and the wife awnsered 2 days ago at the hotel. The visa was returned.

The day before the interview Tuesday we practiced some of the questions and we made love Monday night so that was the awnser she had memorized. But that Tuesday night before the interview we also made love in the morning.

I waited at the counsulate from 7AM she comes out at 1130AM I thought she was done but she told me they were on a lunch break.

When we were returning to the consulate after the lunch break she asked me do I still say Monday night was the last time we made love. I told her no forget what you memorized we made love last night you tell the trueth. A couple hours later when she came out to get me they asked me that question and they asked her that question it was shortly after that we got the visa.

So knowing that played a big part in us getting the visa.

*****Congrats******......What is the Visa Process coming too, seems very personal the questions they ask you. What is in the future for interviews, them wanting to see X rated photos of 2 people together? Best of Luck...................Bob...................