interview

[quote name='crazybanana' date='Dec 24 2009, 03:19 PM' so basically there is no other alternative other than CR-1 at this point??

Take a look at my timeline after the actual denial. Don't get discouraged by the 13 months for GUZ to send your case back to your service center in America...some folks get quicker service. MOST never hear from their service center when the case is returned. If your service center is Vermont you may get a letter asking you to rebut the charges GUZ placed against you. It's the only time you ever will be told what GUZ found wrong...everything you hear from others is purely speculation and conjecture.

Our case is the only one I, or attorney Marc Ellis had ever heard of that got re-approved and sent right back to GUZ. Shucks, I guess you could call us " lucky" if waiting 15 months or so, after your denial, to maybe hear anything is your cup of tea. :lol:

If your service center is California, I'd say go on back over and get married...you probably never will hear anything from California.

Bottom line, barring any miracles that no one else has seen or experienced, you are gonna have at least one year's wait, and GUZ knows that fact.

E-mail Marc Ellis.

It's Christmas, you and your lady are in a world of pain, I empathize with your situation, just know, it ain't the end of anything, you guys will make your way through this...and you will also get to know each other a WHOLE lot better before she gets here. There are many here on Candle (men and women) that wish they had known their spouse better before they set up and started playing house in America.

Good luck to you both, as they say in New Zealand, "Keep yer pecker up, mate, it'll be alright." ;)

tsap seui

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my fiance didn't walk into an interview. basically it was an interrogation. there are two Asian ladies there was handing out whites and blues slips all day long.

Doesn't anyone else see this trend of stacking denial day? :lol:

very interesting thought. You have me wondering. My fiance had her interview on the 24'th of Dec. (got blue) and she said she saw a lot of blue and whites given out that day. She only saw 2 people get pink that day. I would think there was more but she only saw 2 out of the people she talked to.

The lady who gave my fiance white slip was wearing red outfit on that day. did your fiance had the same person??

my fiance didn't walk into an interview. basically it was an interrogation. there are two Asian ladies there was handing out whites and blues slips all day long.

Doesn't anyone else see this trend of stacking denial day? :lol:

very interesting thought. You have me wondering. My fiance had her interview on the 24'th of Dec. (got blue) and she said she saw a lot of blue and whites given out that day. She only saw 2 people get pink that day. I would think there was more but she only saw 2 out of the people she talked to.

The lady who gave my fiance white slip was wearing red outfit on that day. did your fiance had the same person??

My fiance had a guy interview her so not the same person. I know what you mean about the waiting being the worst part. From what other people think about my case is we will just be given a white after we wait for their decision on our blue slip (put in AP). If that is true i wish they would have just done it at the interview. So it looks like i will be in same position as you after waiting ,well nobody knows but could be many months or more

David, I have always wondered if the Embassy staff maked such arrangements as "Denial Day" or even a "Denial Person".

I have been around long enough to know the "Black Pearl" myth, but I have always wondered if she just was the one who raised her hand and said, "Np probelm, I will handle the denials."

I read that over 100,000 Chinese Spouse / Fiance visas were applied for this year. It would seen that if I was the overworked staff manager in GUZ, I would arrange denial days. It would be much easier to handle the looks and emotions of the spouses one day a week instead of everyday.

I guess the only way to find ot would be to track all the information on the white slips and do some math. As they always say numbers never lie.

Yes, I have thought the same things you relate.

We have done interview stats by day of week in the past but not for a long time. It would be interesting to see but our sample set is so small compared to the total...

I know we are a very small sample size and from what I read, I think CFL members may get more pinks than the average couple who are just doing the paperwork.

I worked in the Roma embassy years ago. I was in the service acting as a postman. I contacted a couple of old friend but most of them were state department or intel types. They told me that the VOs never set up rejection days, but that a couple of people choose to be the bad cops. Others did hand out rejections, but two of them handled the obvious cases 80% of the time.

Of course this is second hand information from a long time ago, but most of the intel people have good memories.

Over the last year + I have learned what all those women and families were doing waiting outside the Visa office every morning as I showed up for work.

Sorry to hear this, We also received white on Nov 20th, Still waiting for case to be returned to , We were told not to contact Guaungzhou any farther, and wait until case was returned to USA, But I have wrote to them twice and have received a reply, our case will be reveiwed by senior consular before being returned, as far as I know and what I can read from there replies this is still at Guangzhou. Maybe you can try to contact them. Best of luck

I think that is what my lawyer intend to do. thank you for the tip. as far as i know. all the question were answered and we are not missing any documents. that lady did the interview already decide to deny my fiance visa before the interview begin. the whole time she was there. no one gets pink slip from that particular lady. something illegal is going on.

{Edit} Repair broken quote tags.

something was not right as you got white,I dont believe they give denial for no reason.

You need to look at your case carefully, you made mistake somewhare, in documents truth, in preperation, in proof of bonefide, but not just simple mistake to get blue.

I'm sorry to hear of Crazybanana's white, as it bring back a lot of unhappy and disappointed memories for my wife and I.

It's not always a case of doing something wrong or that something was missing in the preparation of the case. The more and more I see white slips, and even blues, coming out of K-1 interviews and then looking at their timelines, I am getting the feeling that the VOs just do not like to see divorces from the US men and then 'quick' relationships ending in marriage plans with the foreign ladies. I believe that the longer a fiancee relationship goes before a K-1 petition is filed, the better the chances of it resulting in a pink slip.

I'm sure that this is not the only reason that whites, and blues, are issued but I think it is a prime reason. Sometimes, there may be a collage of red flag issues that maybe individually do not amount to much but together they present a negative judgement call on the part of the VOs.

Since at the time the interview is conducted there is only a few moments spent on reviewing the case file on the part of the VOs, I think the key is in HOW you present your relationship using the documentation. Once you've passed an acceptable 'time limit'-meaning how long as a K-1 couple you've been together before filing the K-1-the next test is how you've presented your petition and how well it is documented.

The last part of the process is the interview. English ability is a must in the eyes of the VO but just HOW important I think is determined by the individual VO's feelings, and then after that it is demonstrating that the lady has sufficient in-depth knowledge of her intended spouse's family and life.

It's interesting to note that in reviewing the Administrative Decisions for appealed visa petition cases it's been decided that there is NO REQUIREMENT for the beneficiary to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the petitioner's life or family history in order to be eligible for a visa, but the non-reviewability of the consular officer's decision simply means that the VO gets to do whatever they feel like doing. Until this 'loophole' is addressed and closed these conflicts will continue to occur and more couples will get white and blue slips.

Crazybanana, don't get too upset over the white slip they gave you. You've got nothing on your hands but time now as you wait for the next developments in your case, so figure out a Plan B and then put it into action. More waiting may be exactly what the VOs decided your relationship needs before they 'grant' you the visa. I personally would not wait for the petition to be returned to the USCIS nor would I waste my time asking my congressional reps to help because you're wasting YOUR time-they can and will not do anything of substance for you. Think seriously about ging back and getting married-and NOT in a month or two, make it a little bit longer-and then sit down and try to determine some of the other possibilities why they could have decided to white you.

There are plenty of folks here on CFL who have been the recipients of white slips and they know better than any of the others how to look at your case with a practiced eye to sniff out the possible reasons the VO didn't want to give you a pink slip. Any of these folks will help you-PM them and pick their brains. Best of all, this help is free!

AMEN...............No Visa here. Have not got any details yet, except, my Fiancee could not remember my job title in 1994, "Supervisor/diemaker". I guess I should have filled in, "BOSS".

You could call DOS(202 663 1225) to find out some info on your case. if it was a blue, you will have another chance in GUZ soon. if it was white, I would at least try to email GUZ (http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html) to explain your relationship (GUZ more likely would make some note on your case record when you do that, you could also request their supperviser's review on the case, also have your congress office to write to GUZ, the goal by doing these is, if it was white, to keep your case in GUZ, at least you tried, good luck.

AMEN...............No Visa here. Have not got any details yet, except, my Fiancee could not remember my job title in 1994, "Supervisor/diemaker". I guess I should have filled in, "BOSS".

You could call DOS(202 663 1225) to find out some info on your case. if it was a blue, you will have another chance in GUZ soon. if it was white, I would at least try to email GUZ (http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/contactiv.html) to explain your relationship (GUZ more likely would make some note on your case record when you do that, you could also request their supperviser's review on the case, also have your congress office to write to GUZ, the goal by doing these is, if it was white, to keep your case in GUZ, at least you tried, good luck.

Thanks. My Fiancee is on a plane now heading home, so will wait and see what she says, and try to get more info.

Thanks. My Fiancee is on a plane now heading home, so will wait and see what she says, and try to get more info.

Good luck to you guys, I feel your pain.

Don't buy into any garbage about GUZ not giving blue and white slips without a good reason. :P Ya sure, ya betcha and I once saw a cow jump over the moon too. :D

tsap seui

Don't buy into any garbage about GUZ not giving blue and white slips without a good reason. :P Ya sure, ya betcha and I once saw a cow jump over the moon too. :D

tsap seui

The problem is to find out what the GUZ thinks is a no no, and do a correction, or we will just be doing a rerun.

tsap seui

The problem is to find out what the GUZ thinks is a no no, and do a correction, or we will just be doing a rerun.

Highlander, more than likely you'll have to simply GUESS at what the reason(s) could be since the majority of people don't ever find out why they were denied. There are a whole list of reasons that have been cited by those few folks lucky enough to have gotten some info about their denial, and then you have to rebut or make your best case in defense of these reasons when you put your next petition together.

When my wife told me what questions were asked of her at her CR-1 interview I saw that they were very much the same ones asked of her at her K-1 which then resulted in our white slip. Interestingly enough, she didn't answer those questions incorrectly and excepting one question where I am sure the K-1 VO misunderstood her answer, her answers for the CR-1 were exactly the same. Was the VO just checking up on the answers from the first interview, to see if they were still the same? I don't know, but when I asked her what the VO did each time she responded to his question she said he typed in the computer. This may mean nothing to some folks but I interpret it as possible red flags that had been input into the computer by the K-1 VO, and the CR-1 VO was reviewing those flags, thuis him asking my wife the same questions.

Another item of note was that at the K-1 there was a Chinese girl interpreter present right from the beginning of the interview. The VO had asked my wife if she spoke english and she told him "A little bit" and so he conducted the interview in Chinese. My wife's English ability was more than sufficient to have the K-1 interview in English but I imagine her response gave themn enough doubt that they just did the interview in Chinese.

When she went for the CR-1 nterview they had an interpreter there again from the time she walked up to the window. When the VO asked her this time if she could speak English she left no doubt when she told them, "Yes, I speak English.". The VO then sent the interpreter away, but it was crystal clear that the CR-1 VO had relied on the notes from the K-1 VO to guide the progress of the CR-1 interview.

Lastly, Tsap is absolutely right. Guangzhou really doesn't NEED a reason to deny you. Since their decisions are not subject to review and they're never called upon to explain their rationale for their decisions, they simply decide based on their gut feelings.