Our Interview

Here is my GUZ experience: I went to the ACH and talk to the VO about she wanted her interview part English and part Chinese she was very nervous about having the interview in all English. The VO asks me how we communicate and told me I should write a letter about how we talk to each other. I also went to ACS to get my relationship letter notarized. We stayed at the Yang¡¯s the first few days. They are great people. They found a mistake on my paper work. I really think we would have received a blue paper for that mistake. We changed hotel after a few days. The rooms were not as nice as I am use to. If I had to do this over again. I WOULD STAY AT THE YANG¡¯S THE HELP IS PRICELESS. I thought my paper work was all right but they know about K1 visa¡¯s

I got this information for the interview in Chinese and a friend translated it for me except for the first couple of questions, Here is what she wrote >>> I went to the counter and the lady asked me how do I know my fianc¨¦e, she ask how many times Bruce went to China and where does he work she ask me if I had any pictures I gave her those, she looked at everyone of them very carefully, and I didn¡¯t ask me any question. I gave her my passport Bruce¡¯s and driver¡¯s license she ask me how many children he had, what are their name, twice she gave me another name, and ask me who that was, I said I don't know, she read it letter by letter, I thought about it, and said I don't know, she stopped asking, and showed me the picture, I thought she might had a wrong file, Bruce told me she was testing afterwards. I was at window 26, she is pretty, and maybe I think that because she let me pass my interview. The interview today was pretty easy, but the waiting was very nervous, the good thing is I was sitting by a sister. We were both comforting each other, even sang songs together to make us not as nervous. And we both got our pink. I didn't use any words I memorized, the visa officer asked me when we met before I even put down all my documents, and she asked me twice, and I guess the question and answered. And she changed to Chinese. Last question: why do you like him, I answered in English and Chinese, then she typed for one minute, and told me I passed. I told her thank you many times, she said you are welcome. When I was putting everything together, I found out that I still have my passport; I asked her, do you need my passport? She took it. I was waiting in the coffee shop for her. We got her visa back on Thursday her interview was on Monday. I was so glad I went to Guz for the interview because she was so nervous and I know it help by me being there. Her confidence grew the week I was there before the interview. Going to the US was something that was priceless watching her at the airport she was nervous I told her they will not sent you back to China, do not worry. I am so glad this part is over.

Thanks again for everyone¡¯s help on this site

Congratulations to you and Zhou Li. Jingjing and I look forward to meeting up with you guys in Memphis.

Here is my GUZ experience: I went to the ACH and talk to the VO about she wanted her interview part English and part Chinese she was very nervous about having the interview in all English. The VO asks me how we communicate and told me I should write a letter about how we talk to each other. I also went to ACS to get my relationship letter notarized. We stayed at the Yang¡¯s the first few days. They are great people. They found a mistake on my paper work. I really think we would have received a blue paper for that mistake. We changed hotel after a few days. The rooms were not as nice as I am use to. If I had to do this over again. I WOULD STAY AT THE YANG¡¯S THE HELP IS PRICELESS. I thought my paper work was all right but they know about K1 visa¡¯s

I got this information for the interview in Chinese and a friend translated it for me except for the first couple of questions, Here is what she wrote >>> I went to the counter and the lady asked me how do I know my fianc¨¦e, she ask how many times Bruce went to China and where does he work she ask me if I had any pictures I gave her those, she looked at everyone of them very carefully, and I didn¡¯t ask me any question. I gave her my passport Bruce¡¯s and driver¡¯s license she ask me how many children he had, what are their name, twice she gave me another name, and ask me who that was, I said I don't know, she read it letter by letter, I thought about it, and said I don't know, she stopped asking, and showed me the picture, I thought she might had a wrong file, Bruce told me she was testing afterwards. I was at window 26, she is pretty, and maybe I think that because she let me pass my interview. The interview today was pretty easy, but the waiting was very nervous, the good thing is I was sitting by a sister. We were both comforting each other, even sang songs together to make us not as nervous. And we both got our pink. I didn't use any words I memorized, the visa officer asked me when we met before I even put down all my documents, and she asked me twice, and I guess the question and answered. And she changed to Chinese. Last question: why do you like him, I answered in English and Chinese, then she typed for one minute, and told me I passed. I told her thank you many times, she said you are welcome. When I was putting everything together, I found out that I still have my passport; I asked her, do you need my passport? She took it. I was waiting in the coffee shop for her. We got her visa back on Thursday her interview was on Monday. I was so glad I went to Guz for the interview because she was so nervous and I know it help by me being there. Her confidence grew the week I was there before the interview. Going to the US was something that was priceless watching her at the airport she was nervous I told her they will not sent you back to China, do not worry. I am so glad this part is over.

Thanks again for everyone¡¯s help on this site

CONGRATS, Smokie! It's a GREAT feeling, isn't it? I'm happy for you guys!!

Now if she can learn to take it slowly in learning about her new home she will be ok. Just try to get her to slow down and take things as they come and try not to take on to much at the time. I think that this is the case with many of them.

By-the-way we live in Wilmington NC and usually go to Pigeon Forge about once a year. Are you from there originally or are you a transplant? I have been going up there myself in years past two or three time a year but only go about once a year now.

Larry