k1

tkgert

Hello to all,, I am a new member but have been reading here for over a year now. Our visa has been denied and is being sent back to USCIS. Of course it is the usual non bona fide reason that they like to use. My fiancee was very prepared and had everything we needed, this girl is very heart broken and just cant understand why this has happend to us. When we first met her english was not very good, but a year and a half now has really progressed. The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa. Hopefully I can get a few answers of advice and encouragement to help me keep her hopes alive. Thanks]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all,, I am a new member but have been reading here for over a year now. Our visa has been denied and is being sent back to USCIS. Of course it is the usual non bona fide reason that they like to use. My fiancee was very prepared and had everything we needed, this girl is very heart broken and just cant understand why this has happend to us. When we first met her english was not very good, but a year and a half now has really progressed. The chat records that she took to the interview, where questioned by the VO, as to why I talk with her in non native english, we wrote a letter and explained why I talk with her this way, this way has very helped her to understand and learn english better. This was the only thing that was questioned and I really beleive this is why she did not get her visa. Hopefully I can get a few answers of advice and encouragement to help me keep her hopes alive. Thanks]

Very sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can supply us a time line, this might help us to give you better information.

Robert

Very sorry to hear that. Perhaps you can supply us a time line, this might help us to give you better information.

Robert

It has been 11 months now,, sorry havent been able to post a timeline yet

Robert

11 months? have you heard anything back from USCIS.

Robert

11 months? have you heard anything back from USCIS.

This was just denied on 11/ 20/ 2009

I think your safest bet is to get married in China and file for a CR1.

Read this article: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

I would also recommend using the lawyer that wrote this article. His email address is at the bottom of the article.

Travel back to China is pretty much not an option at the moment, Thanks for your advice

I guess then the only thing you can do is wait for USCIS to send you a "intention to revoke notice" and then respond to it.

If all goes well they will reaffirm and send it back to GUZ.

Others have also filed for "freedom for information" so you can learn the reasons for the denial. (not sure how its done).

Goodluck hang in there.

I would also recommend using the lawyer that wrote this article. His email address is at the bottom of the article.

Travel back to China is pretty much not an option at the moment, Thanks for your advice

I guess then the only thing you can do is wait for USCIS to send you a "intention to revoke notice" and then respond to it.

Others have also filed for "freedom for information" so you can learn the reasons for the denial. (not sure how its done).

Goodluck hang in there.

Thanks for your help,, have a good holiday season

Goodluck hang in there.

If the original petition was filed at the Vermont Service Center then he should hear something back. If filed at the California Service Center then it will expire with no action taken.

The FOIA will do no good.

I have some thoughts on your situation. First, how long do you know the girl? Have you ever met the girl in person? If you don't know each other for very long yet, you will have this issue brought up even if you get married in China and file for a CR-1.

What they are looking for is a development of a relationship that stands the test of time. Most relationships that develop quickly are seen as a way obtain a visa fradualently and will most likely be denied and requiring additional review.

Sorry to hear the bad news. We also were refused for the same reason. As you can see from my timeline we did do the CR 1. My lawyer suggest we do that.

7/1/2007 Met Fengjie online

12/21/07 Traveled to China to meet Fengjie

2/29/08 K 1 I 129F sent in by lawyer

3/20/08 NOA1

7/17/08 NOA2

7/21/08 NVC IN

7/29/08 NVC OUT

11/23/08 P3 Received

12/17/08 Interview

12/17/08 Denied

2/3/09 Left for China

2/11/09 Married

2/24/09 I 130 sent by lawyer

3/05/09 I 130 NOA1

7/01/09 I 130 Approved

7/20/09 I 130 NVC Received

8/04/09 IV AOS I -864 Paid

8/04/09 IV bill Paid

8/06/09 IV & AOS cover sheet bar code available

8/19/09 DS-230 & AOS sent

9/03/09 DS-230 Part one line 30 error

9/03/09 GUZ P3 Supplement not sent

9/16/09 DS-230 & GUZ P3 Supplement sent in.

9/26/09 Case completed at NVC

9/30/09 NVC OUT