Can things be anymore screwed up

I chatted with my SO Thursday morning her time. She was at work and promised to email me when she left for the train at 9pm her time. I did not get email last night so I figured I would have one this morning when I woke up <_< . No email. I called her on her cell phone........here is the conversation:

me:....hello.....Na?

No this is Yingying......(her 8 year old duaghter)

me: Where is your mother?

Ying......How are you :P .

Needless to say I did not speak with her mother. My SO told me that her daughter was NOT going with her. Finally about 30 mintues later my SO signed on to Yahoo. I found that when she bought the ticket for the train that she bought the WRONG DATE. She was supposed to get ticket for Thursday and instead got it for Friday. She was at an internet cafe near the train wating to board. I asked her about the medical as she has interview Monday morning :blink: . She said that she called them and was told she had plenty of time to get it Saturday morning and still get results before interview...............I hope so ;) . I asked her why she did not tell me about the train sooner, she said that she did not want to upset me :ph34r: . I told her I was worried and that now I am even more worried that she might not be ready for interview.

I hope this is or only glitch in the process.....................

Robert

We had interview on a Monday, and had to do medical the Sunday before interview, the results can be expedited for a fee, just get to the medical center when they open first thing in the morning.

I chatted with my SO Thursday morning her time. She was at work and promised to email me when she left for the train at 9pm her time. I did not get email last night so I figured I would have one this morning when I woke up :lol: . No email. I called her on her cell phone........here is the conversation:

Ying......How are you :V: .

Needless to say I did not speak with her mother. My SO told me that her daughter was NOT going with her. Finally about 30 mintues later my SO signed on to Yahoo. I found that when she bought the ticket for the train that she bought the WRONG DATE. She was supposed to get ticket for Thursday and instead got it for Friday. She was at an internet cafe near the train wating to board. I asked her about the medical as she has interview Monday morning :lol: . She said that she called them and was told she had plenty of time to get it Saturday morning and still get results before interview...............I hope so :D . I asked her why she did not tell me about the train sooner, she said that she did not want to upset me :lol: . I told her I was worried and that now I am even more worried that she might not be ready for interview.

Robert

Hey Robert-haha, don't you just love these last minute complications? I won't even tell you those I've been worrying about with Lijuan...where' my Valium bottle....it's around here somewhere...

I chatted with my SO Thursday morning her time. She was at work and promised to email me when she left for the train at 9pm her time. I did not get email last night so I figured I would have one this morning when I woke up :lol: . No email. I called her on her cell phone........here is the conversation:

Ying......How are you :P .

Needless to say I did not speak with her mother. My SO told me that her daughter was NOT going with her. Finally about 30 mintues later my SO signed on to Yahoo. I found that when she bought the ticket for the train that she bought the WRONG DATE. She was supposed to get ticket for Thursday and instead got it for Friday. She was at an internet cafe near the train wating to board. I asked her about the medical as she has interview Monday morning :D . She said that she called them and was told she had plenty of time to get it Saturday morning and still get results before interview...............I hope so :lol: . I asked her why she did not tell me about the train sooner, she said that she did not want to upset me :V: . I told her I was worried and that now I am even more worried that she might not be ready for interview.

Robert

Hey Robert-haha, don't you just love these last minute complications? I won't even tell you those I've been worrying about with Lijuan...where' my Valium bottle....it's around here somewhere...

:Dah: :lol: :D

I hope that everything turns out right for you guys. I can tell you that it is a Chinese thing though. In 39 years I was never late for work not even one time and in 30 years I was never late for any appointment of any kind. Now I have been married for 10 years and I can count on one hand the times that I have been on time for an appointment. Sometimes we have been refused the appointment and had to make another one. It seems that time does not matter to Chinese people. They just get there when they get there. I remember when I was in China my wife would leave week and return when she pleased and when she would come to the US to visit she would stay as long as she pleased and if she wanted to stay a few more days or a week she would do that too without calling her boss to tell him.

Larry

Edited by amberjack1234 (see edit history)

We had interview on a Monday, and had to do medical the Sunday before interview, the results can be expedited for a fee, just get to the medical center when they open first thing in the morning.

The "Guangzhou United Family Clinic" will do one day processing without charging an expedited fee. For all of you getting a K visa this may be the way to go as it's close to the Consulate and you won't have to get your vaccinations beforehand. As Dan, mentioned, make sure you get there in the morning. I do believe Dan is right though, other hospitals which process the medical for GUZ normally charge a small fee of 100 RMB or so.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

I did not let her know I was very upset about it. I just hope things run smoother from here on :(

there is our way and yours :lol:

How true. My dad always taught me, there is more one way to do things. As long as you get to the end, "Who cares how you got there." Relax, everything will be fine.