Some questions.

Ok I am getting my Kitchen sink ready.

I have so far.

Printed out the last 6 weeks of Emails.... I will print all the emaisl I have but I ran out of paper.

Reguarding the Emails.... We only send maybe 1-3 a week because we chat in MSN 2-3 hours a day.

Phone records..... YIKES.... I went to print them out today and I dod not read the fine print that the records are only kept for 30 days.

I never really did call her that much on the phone maybe 15-20 times in the last 4 months. Again this is because we use MSN to talk.

I have 700+ pages I can print of MSN chat logs, what I have been doing is taking a screen shot each day and priniting that out so you can see both of our faces in the webcams. I dont think I will print out all 700 pages......

I have the NOA2 and the letters from the NVC.

I have the original K-1 Paperwork file back from the Lawyer that helped us file.

I will have the 2008 and 2009 Tax returns and I will have the Co-sponser returns and forms filled out.

I have print outs of my bank statements showing I paid for the tickets to come see her myself.

I have a letter explaining my Divorce and my Ex-wifes information... Name, address, SSN and birthdate.

I am working on a updated EOR letter.

She has Pictures from both trips and my airplane ticket stubs as well as hotel reciepts.

How am I doing so far?

Do I need to write a letter to the VO explaining we use MSN almost exclusive to chat and talk?

Sorry to ask so many questions.....

Robert

I don't think you need to write a letter to the VO for the sole purpose of explaining that you use MSN messenger. I'm certain that the consulate workers are aware of QQ, MSN, Yahoo, etc.

If you can print out some chat logs and pictures from your MSN account, then I think that'd be fine. I seem to remember reading that someone, printed out 3 or 4 chat logs per month. 700 pages is a whole lot of stuff for a VO to wade through, so pick out 3 or 4 chat logs per month that includes SUBSTANCE which proves that you guys are able to communicate on a level greater than :D :D :( etc.

I'd back off from taking pounds of chat transcripts. A few good ones spread out in time should do, if the visa officer asks for them.

For now, focus on organizing the information so that, as Randy sometimes says, it paints a clear picture of a happy couple.

I'd suggest:

#1 Make sure your EOR is easy to understand and conveys what your experiences together have meant to you both.

#2 Make sure the visa officer will see things that paint a good picture of your relationship (e.g., put your best pictures on the front of folders).

#3 Make sure your fiancee can easily find anything extra the visa officer asks for.

From what I've seen and heard of you, you'll both do fine.

Ok I am getting my Kitchen sink ready.

I have so far.

Printed out the last 6 weeks of Emails.... I will print all the emaisl I have but I ran out of paper.

Reguarding the Emails.... We only send maybe 1-3 a week because we chat in MSN 2-3 hours a day.

Phone records..... YIKES.... I went to print them out today and I dod not read the fine print that the records are only kept for 30 days.

I never really did call her that much on the phone maybe 15-20 times in the last 4 months. Again this is because we use MSN to talk.

I have 700+ pages I can print of MSN chat logs, what I have been doing is taking a screen shot each day and priniting that out so you can see both of our faces in the webcams. I dont think I will print out all 700 pages......

I have the NOA2 and the letters from the NVC.

I have the original K-1 Paperwork file back from the Lawyer that helped us file.

I will have the 2008 and 2009 Tax returns and I will have the Co-sponser returns and forms filled out.

I have print outs of my bank statements showing I paid for the tickets to come see her myself.

I have a letter explaining my Divorce and my Ex-wifes information... Name, address, SSN and birthdate.

I am working on a updated EOR letter.

She has Pictures from both trips and my airplane ticket stubs as well as hotel reciepts.

How am I doing so far?

Do I need to write a letter to the VO explaining we use MSN almost exclusive to chat and talk?

Sorry to ask so many questions.....

Robert

Forgive my ignorance, what is the EOR letter?

I don't see it mentioned here.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23235

Thanks.

So judging from the links, it looks like there are 2 schools of thought w.r.t. having this EOR letter ready at the time of the interview. Load it up with details, in which case you open yourself up for more scrutiny by the consulate officer. OR Rehash what you already wrote in question 19 in the I129F, in which case you ask yourself why waste your and the interviewer's time, since they already have your I129F file.

Anyone have any recent statistics on how many people actually submitted their EOR letter at the time of interview?

My take on it is:

1. If you have been married before, you most likely will need an EOR letter outlining your past marriage.

2. If you haven't been married before, most likely they will not ask for an EOR letter, but it's always nice to have - tucked away in your kitchen sink - just in case.

There have also been reports of people getting their EOR letters notarized in GUZ, before their interview. Some have reported that the consulate workers have taken notice of this, and at times, asked questions about the information on the letter. When asked why, they replied "To help the interview go faster".

As far as statistics goes, there aren't any that I've found on this site. You can review the interview results forum and check it out if you want.

My take on it is:

1. If you have been married before, you most likely will need an EOR letter outlining your past marriage.

2. If you haven't been married before, most likely they will not ask for an EOR letter, but it's always nice to have - tucked away in your kitchen sink - just in case.

There have also been reports of people getting their EOR letters notarized in GUZ, before their interview. Some have reported that the consulate workers have taken notice of this, and at times, asked questions about the information on the letter. When asked why, they replied "To help the interview go faster".

As far as statistics goes, there aren't any that I've found on this site. You can review the interview results forum and check it out if you want.

I have 714 pages MSN chat records printed and packed to bring for the interview. Is that a bad thing? I know i over killed everything.

I guess it's not a bad thing, but you don't exactly expect them to read them all, do you? I would focus on the good chats, providing a few per month that shows your relationship in a strong and positive light. I can imagine the VO taking a look at 700 sheets of information, when being asked "Do you want to look at all of this" then replying "No, not really."

I seriously doubt you'll be able to fit 700 sheets in the small space they provide to pass information through.

The key to the interview, from what others have told me, is the ability to be quick, efficient, and accurate when the VO asks for information. I'd keep that in mind when you're organizing.

My take on it is:

I have 714 pages MSN chat records printed and packed to bring for the interview. Is that a bad thing? I know i over killed everything.

That's a ream and a half of paper! Hope you don't get surcharged for your luggage. ;-) If you already packed your bags, I'd say go to bed and leave it.

When you get to the mainland, pick a sample spread over the duration of the relationship and lug that to the interview.

I would also burn copies of the msn logs and any other digitized files (too late to start digitizing now) onto a DVD or USB key fob and put them in your carry on. In case your airline looses your wad of paper, you'll still have a backup. If you are worried about security and loosing your DVD or USB, encrypt the files.

Personally, aside from primary paper evidence records, I would prefer to carry everything in digital format and print it when I get there. Less to lug around. Good luck on your trip. Let us know how it goes.

I would also burn copies of the msn logs and any other digitized files (too late to start digitizing now) onto a DVD or USB key fob and put them in your carry on. In case your airline looses your wad of paper, you'll still have a backup. If you are worried about security and loosing your DVD or USB, encrypt the files.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=Kitchen+sink

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=Kitchen+sink

Nice job.

You can also add axcrypt to the list. Though not open source, it does supports contextual menu encryption, i.e., right click on the file etc., versus having to create containers etc. I've found people who are not computer savvy find it easier to use and grasp. It also supports self extracting files. Unless you have VPN, I've had random luck getting through the great firewall to download stuff that the commies deem sensitive. So self extracting archives will come in handy if your laptop with the encryption sw is seized by the border guards and you can still decrypt your USB keys on any computer.

And pdf creator is an opensource pdf print driver, without the tagalong programs that you may not want installed.

Here is my list

I was using an accordion style folder thus the name tabs

Tab 1 - I-129F Petition Copy

Tab 2 - Financial Documents

• Letter from my Employer

I-134 Affidavit of Support

• 2008 W-2

• 2008 Income Tax

• Recent Pay Stubs

• 2007 Tax Transcripts

• 2006 Tax Transcripts

• Current Resume

• Associate of Science Degree ¨C Computer Network Systems

• Bachelor of Science Degree ¨C Information Systems Security

Tab 3 - Co-Sponsor Financial Documents

• Letter from Employer

I-134 Affidavit of Support

• 2008 W-2

• 2008 Income Tax

• Recent Pay Stubs

• 2007 Tax Transcripts

• 2006 Tax Transcripts

• 2005 Tax Transcripts

Tab 4 - Packet 4

DS-156

DS-157

• DS-156K

• Supplemental Form GNI-2

DS-230 Part 2

Tab 5 - Medical

• DS-2053

• DS-3024

DS-3025

DS-3026

Tab 6 - Bonafide Relationship Evidence

• Vonage Phone Bill

• Phone Card Billing Summary + Call Log

• Emails

• Cell Phone Text Message Billing Summary

• MSN Chat Log

• Photos

• Airline Ticket Stub

More Added info

1. Valid Chinese Passport

2.Copy of entire passport

3. Passport Photos

4. Chinese Police Report/Translated and Notarized

5. Chinese Birth Certificate/ Translated and Notarized

6. Chinese Single Certificate/ Translated and Notarized

4-6 is compiled into a white booklet by the Gong Cheng Zhu

7. Evolution of relationship letter (4 pages)

8. Letter of Intent to Marry within 90 days of Arrival to the US

• Hers

• Mines

Edited by HelloWorld08 (see edit history)