DC sniper executed

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind of the sniper attacks that terrorized the nation's capital region for three weeks in October 2002, was executed Tuesday. Muhammad died by injection at 9:11 p.m. at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt, prison spokesman Larry Traylor said.

He said Muhammad had no final statement and that Traylor didn't hear him utter any words during the execution.

Muhammad was executed for killing Dean Harold Meyers, who was shot in the head at a Manassas gas station during a spree that left 10 dead across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sniper_execution

A pity we couldn't have fried the young one too. He was even worse. But now in 20 years we'll get to read his book and hear how he found Jesus or some such crap...

more like 10 years on Opra book club :rotfl:

Good riddance.

Don,

Fully agree with you. Bye-bye John Allen Muhammad! Who truly cares anyway? Even the anti-death demonstrators weren't out in force. A token few, contrary to what they generally demonstrate about other questionable Death Row cases.

I suppose J. Muhammad wasn't the poster child they wanted. Pretty hard to demonstrate for a person's death, which:

1 ) That operated as a sniper from a car, through a access hole, which he cut in the trunk!

2 ) Coerced/manipulated a man/child into doing the same type of killings.

3 ) Neither clown had an agenda, no political jihad, etc, etc, for doing the killings. E.G. being shot at the gas pump while filling your car's tank with gas! This is a despicable crime of the worst sort.

It seems strange that we have prisoners sitting on Death Row, for crimes that they committed, and righteously deserve their fate (and that is my opinion only, and no insult to CFL members that feel otherwise in regard to the Death Penalty issue). Other inmates on Death Row, have appeals stretching into 10 to 20 years. Doesn't it seem strange that J. Muhammad's execution was carried out extremely quickly? What was it? 6 or 7 years plus and/or minus?

I'm also thinking about the Kansas abortion doctor that was gunned down in a church (BTW, one shot through the head, confirmed), while he served as an usher, from this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...hpid=sec-nation. I read today, that he was pleading guilty, and his defense is that he was protecting unborn children. I wonder how far the public, liberals will go to protest this man's death, if he even receives a death sentence? IMHO, there are some crimes, that you can protest to death. However, there is a fine line too, of crimes that are absolutely despicable, and Death Penalty protesters, silently stand by, and acknowledge as being the right thing to do, due to the certain and sinister nature of a particular crime. BTW, before I'm flamed as being some conservative lackey; I do believe in the death penalty (drug dealers are the first in line, same as in China, Korea, and Indonesia) in some cases, and not in others. I personally don't believe in abortion, however, IMHO, this a woman's right to decide. I don't believe that a smart couple should reach this stage, in the first place!

Myself, I was a former soldier, and I have killed before. However, executing a man in a church whether he was a priest, an altar boy, deacon, usher, or whatever, falls out of even our realm. You mean to tell me that a killer can't wait for him to go to a Denny's or an IHOP before you kill him, and not in front of his family?

Perhaps, there are some crimes that even liberals and conservatives, agree upon. I didn't want to make this into a political post, contrary to CFL guidelines. I was just wondering out loud!

Don, Dan, Carl, please don't hesitate in shutting this thread down if it gets political, of any fashion, shape or form. I will understand fully!

Following CFL posters, that desire to make their opinions known: "Forewarned; is forearmed!

Dave

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

Good riddance! I was thinking the same thing Dave. We have some sitting there for 20 years with appeals, but this guy is gone in 7 years?

Personally, I think if you murder someone you should be excuted. Although I think the family members of the one(s) you killed should have the final word in how.

Personally, I think anyone that has been given the death sentence for any reason should only get 5 years of appeals if nothing happens with said appeals the its goodby, so long, it was nice, no more of this 10 or 20 years of appeals bullsh*t, you did something that got you a death sentence, then you die, end of discussion .

Now I know there are some here that will not agree, thats okay, I don't mind or care really this is my opinion.

okay now you can flame me.

Edited by Mike62356 (see edit history)