Daylight Savings Time

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

The United States Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00 a.m. local time on the second Sunday in March. On the first Sunday in November areas on Daylight Saving Time return to Standard Time at 2:00 a.m. During Daylight Saving Time turn your clocks ahead one hour. At the end of Daylight Saving Time turn your clocks back one hour.

The names in each time zone change along with Daylight Saving Time. Eastern Standard Time (EST) becomes Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), and so forth. Arizona, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa do not observe Daylight Saving Time.

March 8

November 1

March 14

November 7

its stupid.

It just screws up everyones internal clock for a few days... Makes you late for appointments-----or an hour early--- makes it more difficult to teach how the solstices work in Earth's march around the Sun.. "but Papa, you said the days would get shorter until December, now its light again when I get up for school!"

Have yet to see anyone convincingly explain the value which offsets the inconvenience.....

Personally, I like it. I hate it that China doesn't recognize it. When Dec gets here it'll get dark around 5:00 PM, or even earlier, depending on where you're at (this is compounded further because China isn't divided into different time zones - which is another pet peeve of mine). To each his own. That being said, the locals don't mind it, so I guess a lot depends on what you're used to. Personally, when it gets dark right after breakfast (yes, it's an exaggeration) all I want to do is go to bed!

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)
Personally, I like it. I hate it that China doesn't recognize it. When Dec gets here it'll get dark around 5:00 PM, or even earlier, depending on where you're at (this is compounded further because China isn't divided into different time zones - which is another pet peeve of mine). To each his own. That being said, the locals don't mind it, so I guess a lot depends on what you're used to. Personally, when it gets dark right after breakfast (yes, it's an exaggeration) all I want to do is go to bed!
Accordingly to my wife, China did try it for awhile but the people didn't like it so it was dropped by popular demand.
Accordingly to my wife, China did try it for awhile but the people didn't like it so it was dropped by popular demand.

Too bad in our so-called democracy, no one asks what the populace wants on this! <_<

For what it's worth, I think it's a crock.

{edit} Fixed Quotes.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Too bad in our so-called democracy, no one asks what the populace wants on this! :clapping:

For what it's worth, I think it's a crock.

They also tried to shorten the lunch break down... but by popular stress it was returned to enough time for a lunch, many drinks and a nap :)

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)