What can I expect to change?

i have been reading some posts talking about changes that willhappen and to be willing to addept. Im all for the changes, I want her to guide me in many aspect I feel she is better at them me. What are the changes I can expect? Food? Im very happy to change to a 99% Chinese diet, Money? Im all good with the saving money part. I hope she can help take us to a very secure place in life.

What else am I not thinking of?

Robert

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been reading some posts talking about changes that willhappen and to be willing to addept. Im all for the changes, I want her to guide me in many aspect I feel she is better at them me. What are the changes I can expect? Food? Im very happy to change to a 99% Chinese diet, Money? Im all good with the saving money part. I hope she can help take us to a very secure place in life.

Robert

The thing is that you both have a positive attitude, working together, life will be great. You similarities will bring you together, and your difference can make your relationship stronger. It is difficult for one to carry the main load of what life dishes out. A secure place in life is a lot easier with 2 pulling together, well I guess it would be, I have had to carry the whole load my whole life. You both seem to have a good grasp of priorities, like investments, money, and happiness. Your willingness to change, adapt, and compromise, says that you have a positive attitude. If your Fiancee has this same posivtive, there will be no stopping the 2 of you. Best of Luck**********

Robert

The thing is that you both have a positive attitude, working together, life will be great. You similarities will bring you together, and your difference can make your relationship stronger. It is difficult for one to carry the main load of what life dishes out. A secure place in life is a lot easier with 2 pulling together, well I guess it would be, I have had to carry the whole load my whole life. You both seem to have a good grasp of priorities, like investments, money, and happiness. Your willingness to change, adapt, and compromise, says that you have a positive attitude. If your Fiancee has this same posivtive, there will be no stopping the 2 of you. Best of Luck**********

Me thinks that this is the way of thinking before she actually gets here. After the rose colored glasses are taken off, then a whole new ballgame comes into play. And yes, best of luck!!

Only half jokingly I say to you...Make yourself like the GM of the 70's..."Like a rock!"...however, do not ever allow yourself to become the current GM...stuck in a rut and in need of being bailed out.

Being flexible is important. Being stable is important. Think of your marriage like the different divisions of a business. YOU are the sales division. It is your responsibility to bring in the cash to help the business keep running. SHE is the Accounting and Finance department. It is her job to make sure that every dime is accounted for and spent wisely, that there is sufficient cash reserves for any contingency and to let the sales department (YOU) know what your sales output needs to be to support the company.

Whenever your brain wants to let the words out.."I can't", it is time to go to the design department (YOU, again) and come up with a plan so that becomes "I will", or "I did". By the way, the design department is overseen by Accounting and Finance so this is the time to meet with the head of that department and listen to ideas and suggestions on how to best redesign your sales projections.

Have all the dreams you want, as long as the first three dreams are "family stability", "family health", and "family happiness". After those are taken care of 110%, then you can go on to dream #4, whatever that is.

She will probably want to help with all those dreams, so English classes and drivers license are the first majority steps to helping her get settled and comfortable.

After that, just love her and support her needs.

Robert

Me thinks that this is the way of thinking before she actually gets here. After the rose colored glasses are taken off, then a whole new ballgame comes into play. And yes, best of luck!!

Lol maybe but maybe not. I know she will bring more order to my life and this is welcome. Im not saying I will like or accept everything with out question. I am saying I am more then open to change in all aspects. However I am hoping she will remember enoufgh of the man she fell in love with to keep some of him around... :)

Robert

Lol maybe but maybe not. I know she will bring more order to my life and this is welcome. Im not saying I will like or accept everything with out question. I am saying I am more then open to change in all aspects. However I am hoping she will remember enoufgh of the man she fell in love with to keep some of him around... :)

Time will tell. Keep the good attitude that you have and hope for the best but be prepared. One needs to understand that what you perceive the man is she fell in love with might be something different than you imagined. In your case, maybe not. Just be prepared, that's all I am saying.

First off you have a good attitude of you are willing to change both parties have to make adjustments to make a marriage to work. here are some of the small every day things.

1. Shoes off at the door, put slippers on.

2. Wash your hands.

3. Take a bath at least once a day.

4 No pets.

5. Never sit on the bed with your clothes on.

6. Eat all your food never throw anything out.

7. You will be spending an unimaginable time shopping as she will thoroughly inspect everything very closely. every egg in the carton every cucumber etc.

I'll all to the list later, she is calling me right now so I'll have to go, I think that it is for me to wash her back so I gotta g....

Larry

Robert

Lol maybe but maybe not. I know she will bring more order to my life and this is welcome. Im not saying I will like or accept everything with out question. I am saying I am more then open to change in all aspects. However I am hoping she will remember enoufgh of the man she fell in love with to keep some of him around... :(

Time will tell. Keep the good attitude that you have and hope for the best but be prepared. One needs to understand that what you perceive the man is she fell in love with might be something different than you imagined. In your case, maybe not. Just be prepared, that's all I am saying.

"accept everything with out question"

as long as the question is "how should we achieve this" and agree to the plan.

You will be ok Robert. dont worry