RECEIVED STIMULUS PAYMENT ! !

mikepellicore

I am not sure where this should be posted, I tried to find an appropriate thread, but I didn't see anything that seemed right. I just wanted to post this as general information, in case someone still hasn't received their "STIMULUS CHECK".

We filed an amended return at the end of "JUNE 09" for our "08" taxes, the day Yizhen received her SSN. We received our STIMULUS CHECK, and a receipt for the amended return on OCT. 15th.

If anyone has not received their "CHECK", please file and get your money! so you can help stimulate our economy! Mike and Yizhen

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

George, I am not sure all the details of the stimulus payments, it was long ago (spring 2008 I think) it was for those with qualifying earned income, singles got $600, married filing jointly got $1200, + $300 for qualifying dependents and you needed SSN's. We filed Married jointly, but Yizhen had a ITIN, not a SSN. When you filed 2008 (we filed in Jan. 09), you could get the check if you had the SSN, but we didn't get the SSN until the end of June 2009.

I didn't post this because I got the check, I just wanted to remind those who might qualify, not to forget that they could file the amended return and get the money. Mike & Yizhen

George, I am not sure all the details of the stimulus payments, it was long ago (spring 2008 I think) it was for those with qualifying earned income, singles got $600, married filing jointly got $1200, + $300 for qualifying dependents and you needed SSN's. We filed Married jointly, but Yizhen had a ITIN, not a SSN. When you filed 2008 (we filed in Jan. 09), you could get the check if you had the SSN, but we didn't get the SSN until the end of June 2009.

I didn't post this because I got the check, I just wanted to remind those who might qualify, not to forget that they could file the amended return and get the money. Mike & Yizhen

How do you file this amended return.I was one of those who got screwed,and didnt recieve a dime because my wife did not have a SSN,(not to mention i had a SSN for 48 years,and did not recieve it for me).

jimi