Interview date

We sent ours in mid-September. Have our interview next month.

Good luck!

I sent my P3 back end of Sept. They signed for it

Oct 2. Still no interview date.

Yea......ours dates match up about the same......I hope we do not get screwd by Thanksgiving Holiday

Yes they do. I called NVC today and they told me they got the P3

Oct 19. On Oct 16 when i call they said it was not there yet.

Has anyone who sent a P3 back in mid September reveived an interview date yet or had the P4 sent out? Ours was sent back almost a month ago and is still listed as not received even though EMS tracking number says that it arrived there.

Robert

Hi my name is Michael. Here is what Guangzhou sent me.

NVC sends this letter when the case is transferred electronically to

Guangzhou. The interview cannot take place, however, until the physical

file arrives at post. Due to unavoidable delays in getting files

through Chinese customs, it takes about 3 months for them to arrive at

the Consulate after being shipped by NVC. Once the Consulate receives

the physical file, we will schedule your beneficiary for visa interview

within 1-2 months. Interviews are typically scheduled 2-4 weeks in

advance.

I am waiting just like you at the time.

called DOS today. First the lady said that they HAD received the P3, then she they HAD NOT received it, Then I told her that EMS tracking number said that it was delievered. Then the lady said that GUZ HAD received the P3. I am not sure who is more confused :blink: . I assume that if she is telling the truth then we should be getting the P4 and an interview date soon :blink:

Robert

called DOS today. First the lady said that they HAD received the P3, then she they HAD NOT received it, Then I told her that EMS tracking number said that it was delievered. Then the lady said that GUZ HAD received the P3. I am not sure who is more confused :blink: . I assume that if she is telling the truth then we should be getting the P4 and an interview date soon :(

Robert

Hang in there...Just have to wait for GUZ to open the packet and send you the P4.

called DOS today. First the lady said that they HAD received the P3, then she they HAD NOT received it, Then I told her that EMS tracking number said that it was delievered. Then the lady said that GUZ HAD received the P3. I am not sure who is more confused ;) . I assume that if she is telling the truth then we should be getting the P4 and an interview date soon :D

Robert

My experience was that the DOS was not in synch with the consulate. From February to August the hotline in China told my fiancee that they did receive her P3 and were doing background checks, while the DOS/hotline in the US said she had not returned the P3!

Once it starts looking like your case is taking longer than usual (but not 6 months like my case), use this form to contact the consulate directly to get a clear answer (Subject: "When will I receive my appointment letter"):

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

Though the form asks you to type in pinyin, english was fine for me when I used it (just make sure the case number is correct). They answer you very quickly (12 hours-2 days), and I tried to be polite about it despite the long wait time I had of having this confusion about what was going on. I like to think that we get quick responses using this method of contacting them because I'm hoping people aren't bothering them by emailing them everyday like they do when calling the hotlines everyday.

called DOS today. First the lady said that they HAD received the P3, then she they HAD NOT received it, Then I told her that EMS tracking number said that it was delievered. Then the lady said that GUZ HAD received the P3. I am not sure who is more confused :blink: . I assume that if she is telling the truth then we should be getting the P4 and an interview date soon :angry:

Robert

Called DOS this morning......now they say that they HAVE NOT received the P3 back.............Do these people know what they are doing????????.....oh yea.............they work for the Government :ph34r: