Fresh air... in fall/winter

bokiwen

Zhejiang without heat? Mao would be SO proud... parents get the gold Motherlandwithoutheat pin !

The first year I moved from SOCal after graduate school, I landed a job as a land surveyor for the Army Corps building dams in the Columbia gorge----where the frigid east wind howls and mixes with freezing rain from the west...

My first experience with longjohns..... Was so glad to quit that job, and swore off longjohns for the rest of my life!!

Then I met my Chinese wife....... longjohns are very much back in the picture here in Portland....... as are many other tasks I assumed I'd be done with in my youth...

Yan is also a ChengDu girl. In the spirit of being a frugal chinese wife we limit the amount of heat so far this fall. Here in upstate NY it was 14C the other morning in the house. You must learn..... to run the furnace is a WASTE...Just wear more out door clothing while watching TV at night. We do have an amish electric space heaters that you see advertised in the national newspapers. It sits about 2 feet from the sofa and she throws a blanket over it. The hot air blows on her as she rests her feet on the heater. She calls it her little nest.

Yan is also a ChengDu girl. In the spirit of being a frugal chinese wife we limit the amount of heat so far this fall. Here in upstate NY it was 14C the other morning in the house. You must learn..... to run the furnace is a WASTE...Just wear more out door clothing while watching TV at night. We do have an amish electric space heaters that you see advertised in the national newspapers. It sits about 2 feet from the sofa and she throws a blanket over it. The hot air blows on her as she rests her feet on the heater. She calls it her little nest.

Did you teach her about broken water pipes? I have helped friends repair this mess several times.

At least keep the heat on in the house to maintain above 60. The interior of the exterior walls is much lower causing frozen/burst pipes at night. Also you don¡¯t need that musty moldy odor. A higher temp is less friendly environment for them. Additionally colds and related bacteria survive better in a somewhat cooler air.

Space heater with a blanket on it???? PLEASE it's better to have a fight with her. Incredibly dangerous fire hazard. Incredibly dangerous bad habit.

Edited by Mike and Yan (see edit history)

Did you teach her about broken water pipes? I have helped friends repair this mess several times.

At least keep the heat on in the house to maintain above 60. The interior of the exterior walls is much lower causing frozen/burst pipes at night. Also you don¡¯t need that musty moldy odor. A higher temp is less friendly environment for them. Additionally colds and related bacteria survive better in a somewhat cooler air.

Space heater with a blanket on it???? PLEASE it's better to have a fight with her. Incredibly dangerous fire hazard. Incredibly dangerous bad habit.

Listen to this man.