compensated dating

This video is about Hong Kong, but I know this takes place on the Mainland too.

CNN video

Before I watched the video, I somehow thought your topic was about matchmaking. :)

Actually, I always thought the concept began in Japan, but who knows. I do know that it is starting to become more and more of an issue in Hong Kong and it does exist on the Mainland, but more with young university students.

Many times the girl will have a steady "boyfriend" who gives her money. If you look carefully near a lot of the colleges and universities in Hu Bei -- just outside the Beijing city limits -- you can see a lot of BMWs, Mercedes and, more often than not, government Audis waiting just outside the school gates waiting to pick up young girls -- who are not their daughters.

yes, old news but not new either. i know 2 women who are in their late 40s and now both are married to american husbands living in cali. they see rich men as a way out of poverty.

oh..my wife is older than college but younger than 40's .... she get compensation too ... :lol:

oh..i feel a mop slap.... :ph34r:

actually many people in usa when they met an usc/asian couple usually think this is the only reason for them being together ... as sad as that is...

actually many people in usa when they met an usc/asian couple usually think this is the only reason for them being together ... as sad as that is...

Yeah, stupid people everywhere.

I'd figure the percentage of gold-diggers is small ... very small -- and not limited to people from outside the USA.