Hi everyone,

I just stumbled into this board tonight. I thought everything was going along as planned until the TSC had our file over 5 months. Now we just past week 9 at the NVC with no end in sight. You know what they say when I call... " no further info, just wait like everybody else "

Tonight, thanks to you all, I learned much more and all I can say is " *&^@$#@*& ". Looks like GZ is a nightmare waiting for us ( when we ever get there ).

If I knew all this before... well I would still get in line, I would just be able to make much better plans for our life together.

until next time,

Louis

Louis,

Welcome to the Candle.

What you will find is that we are all in the same boat together. Some are a little further along than others, some are still hoping to catch up.

We all are dealing with the system the best way we can.

As the realization of the "Process" dawns on all of us, perhaps we are all brought to tears. It is often helpful to have a "hand to hold" through the process.

Best of luck,

Clifford

It's kind of funny to think back about the NVC now. The "good" thing about the service centers and NVC is, at least you know where your case is. They're not going to tell you anything else, but you know they have it. GZ just outright lies and says they don't have your case. Right now, if for some reason our case WAS actually lost somehow, we would have absolutely no way to track it down. That is just wrong, plain and simple.

Welcome Louis,

It looks like you are near the beginning of this sometimes lengthy process. Looking back, there is just one thing I would have done differently if I had known it would take 1 and 1/2 years from the beginning of this process until she was here in the U.S. with me. I would have worked it out so I could visit her in China several times. If you can manage this, the waiting may be easier.

Welcome Louis,

It looks like you are near the beginning of this sometimes lengthy process.  Looking back, there is just one thing I would have done differently if I had known it would take 1 and 1/2 years from the beginning of this process until she was here in the U.S. with me.  I would have worked it out so I could visit her in China several times.  If you  can manage this, the waiting may be easier.

AZ,

Good advice.

I kept thinking the visa will be just around the corner so I put off my trip back to Russia to see my loved one till this fall. I am glad that I went back when I did, although I wish she would have been able to come back here with me.

Unfortunately, for many of us, lots of trips back to Russia/China are difficult. My income is ok, but not good enough to support frequent international trips. And, without much seniority, I also have minimal vacation time.

---- CK -----

Welcome to Candle Louis. You will find much support and info here as you go through the sometimes agonizing process of finally getting the visa. Lots of good folks here. I agree with AZ. Go see her as much as possible. It will make it easier in many ways. Like AZ, our case took a year and a half start to finish. Things are moving at least slightly faster now.

Welcome Louis,

It looks like you are near the beginning of this sometimes lengthy process.  Looking back, there is just one thing I would have done differently if I had known it would take 1 and 1/2 years from the beginning of this process until she was here in the U.S. with me.  I would have worked it out so I could visit her in China several times.  If you  can manage this, the waiting may be easier.

I would have to disagree. I've been to China to visit my wife six times this year. It's absolutely heart-wrenching everytime you have to leave. I honestly think, if you love someone, there is no substitute for having them with you every day.

Well, now that its over for us we take for granted the time we spent in Hell. But it has given us strength. The world situation was tense and will continue to be for some time. The great remedy for the hostility between nations is Love. We are pioneers in a new way of thinking. Its not the road most travelled. But its never easy to be engaged in somthing new and different. I recall the idea of the "Hostages Of Peace" (Arthur C. Clarke) in which at any given time a country has a significant prtion of its citizens residing on foreign soil. Thereby making attack by their government more unlikely. At some point it will become evident that war and its advocates are destined to eventual obsolecence. But the road to that place is not so smooth. We are paving that road,for ourselves and others who follow. The road to the future of the world.

Well, now that its over for us we take for granted the time we spent in Hell.  But it has given us strength.  The world situation was tense and will continue to be for some time. The great remedy for the hostility between nations is Love. We are pioneers in a new way of thinking. Its not the road most travelled. But its never easy to be engaged in somthing new and different. I recall the idea of the "Hostages Of Peace"  (Arthur C. Clarke) in which at any given time a country has a significant prtion of its citizens residing on foreign soil. Thereby making attack by their government more unlikely. At some point it will become evident that war and its advocates are destined to eventual obsolecence. But the road to that place is not so smooth. We are paving that road,for ourselves and others who follow. The road to the future of the world.

Very wise words Joseph. Very wise indeed! Thanks.

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome!

I have been over to China 3 more times after meeting Mei. Last year I looked for work (in China) at several trade shows in Hong Kong. Still talking to a few companies but no firm offers. I am planning a visit in mid January of 2004 and we are looking forward to being together. There is one very good side effect to this long delay... we are both improving our language skills. Now when we talk I speak in Mandarin and she speaks in English (I do not speak well but Mei understands).

Again thank you for all the warm welcomes.

Till next time,

Louis