a cheap way to call China with a cell phone?

I know this has probably been asked a million times before,but what is a cheap way to call China from a cell phone.My wife has a cell phone from China and i will probably just get a Sims card from AT AND T or something,but to call to china on these cell phone plans like AT AND T is expensive.

thanks for any info

Jimi

i have an at&t plan that allows me a lot of minutes after 9pm , so what i will do is buy a phone card (specifically from an asian supermarket) and use it after 9pm on the weekdays or anytime on the weekends. I live in California so there are a lot of chinese supermarkets around. its best if you can go to the bigger asian markets, rather than the small. they have the best deal. i bought a 1200 minute phone card for 15 dollars.

I just signed up for Packet 8 Mobile Talk. It's for Mobile phones. $0.01 cents per minute to china. Works great on my iphone. Basically it routes your call to a local number to your cell phone, then runs in through VOIP. Just signed up for it today.

Mobiletalk

Vonage just came out with a mobile app today for the iphone, but I noticed it has flaws and does not allow you to use your existing vonage account, which to me is useless.

www.onesuite.com, 2.2 cents/minute, call China. If you live not in big cities, it will cost 3.7 cents per minute. Check it out.

Talk by msn, skype, yahoo messenger is the cheapest way, no additional cost to internet. I have a msn only for my family members, I leave the msn camera on all the time so that they could see me many times a day. Actually, now I am thousands miles away from them geographically, but they are with me everyday via msn. Yet, before when I was in China, they didn't see all the time. :D I feel very lucky to live in this era that computer science is getting more advanced fast. I was fancinated by computer the first time when I was in college using BASIC Language to do baby-step programming. Computer has been in my life for 17 years. The most desirable job to me is to use computer to work which I have ever got and the dream will soon be realized again.

iTalkBB has cell phone access for their plan for $2.95 per month. Both my wife and daughter's cell phones are registered with iTalkFreedom so they can cann China whenever and wherever they want.

http://www.italkbb.com/BB/enu/enu_features.asp#11

-James

I know this has probably been asked a million times before,but what is a cheap way to call China from a cell phone.My wife has a cell phone from China and i will probably just get a Sims card from AT AND T or something,but to call to china on these cell phone plans like AT AND T is expensive.

thanks for any info

Jimi

The best way i have found is to go to your local Liqueur store and buy one of those phone cards. I buy one for Asia. it cost 5 bucks and gets me 5 hours of talk time.If you girl is already here, then its great. But if you need to keep records, you will have to use your own cell phone records that show the calls to the 800 number.

I just signed up for Packet 8 Mobile Talk. It's for Mobile phones. $0.01 cents per minute to china. Works great on my iphone. Basically it routes your call to a local number to your cell phone, then runs in through VOIP. Just signed up for it today.

Mobiletalk

Vonage just came out with a mobile app today for the iphone, but I noticed it has flaws and does not allow you to use your existing vonage account, which to me is useless.

now that is cool... the app is web driven but worth using.

Mobiletalk

now that is cool... the app is web driven but worth using.

wow i just signed up for this on my iphone and it is so freakin' awesome!

free to sign up and it dials a local number and routes the call to china for 1 cent per min.

thanks timb!