New Revelations From GUZ

I was fortunate to have about 45 minutes of her time, since there was only a couple of people in the waiting area and she was very determined to answer all of my questions.

And I was fortunate that my father attended as an interested observer. Her father had just visited GUZ and was very pleased especially with the food. He was going to have a hard time eating Chinese food now in America after having the real thing.

She was so forthcoming that we even talked about her background and family. I was more than impressed.

Anyways, my apology for digressing...

After reading almost countless posts here, I was beginning to think the process was more luck than preparation and a valid case/petition.

I was admittedly nervous about the process and never stopped preparing until Mei's interview was finished....

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

But has been discussed here many times now is the burden is on the petitioner and not the state. And while some of their decisions may seem unfair, it is that in their determination the petitioner and/or beneficiary did not meet the burden.

So while she admits that some cases that are not fraudulent do not initially pass, she acknowledges that the ones that are refused have the recourse to re-file. This may seem to us as unfair/detrimental, but what one should expect in an imperfect world IMHO.

What amazed her is that so many Americans get caught in the bait and switch online situation in China, but proceed anyway with the visa and are more than happy with the outcome. She gave me the strong impression that they showed no ill bias against these cases even though the USC came originally to meet another woman.

I also experienced this, but was already prepared for it. No need for me to give all the details, but if Mei had not turned out to be real, I more than likely would have gone this route as well. Another amazing Chinese woman. Simply fortunate all the way around....

Good luck to all....

Edited by Henry and Mei (see edit history)

pass rate now UP TO 50/50

:D

When I spoke to her, she did not give me this percentage. I am sure there is a number, but her interests were case by case and not a quota system.

The difficulty for her would seem is the reality of so many fraudulent cases in China.

Kind of reminds me of the all the negative cig ads lately. You knowing run a unit that has one of the highest level of fraudulent cases.......you as the person-in-charge, what would you do?

Let everyone pass.....it is like believing that everyone that comes to CFL has a bon a fide case. It is simply not reality.....

Okay, I am sorry for the soap box, since I came into this process reading all the negative decisions and almost buying into the thought that you simply have to be lucky.....

:D

When I spoke to her, she did not give me this percentage. I am sure there is a number, but her interests were case by case and not a quota system.

The difficulty for her would seem is the reality of so many fraudulent cases in China.

Kind of reminds me of the all the negative cig ads lately. You knowing run a unit that has one of the highest level of fraudulent cases.......you as the person-in-charge, what would you do?

Let everyone pass.....it is like believing that everyone that comes to CFL has a bon a fide case. It is simply not reality.....

Okay, I am sorry for the soap box, since I came into this process reading all the negative decisions and almost buying into the thought that you simply have to be lucky.....

Let me rephrase that a little bit - If you DO have a bona fide relationship and you are given a blue or white slip ANYWAY, that is a life-changing amount of BAD luck.

Read the article - the UC admits that mistakes are made, and that petitioners are given the opportunity to re-group and file another petition.

In my opinion, it's all in the presentation - a carefully assembled petition/application which presents a picture of a loving couple, a relatively well-to-do petitioner, and a perky beneficiary make all the difference in the world. If something catches the VO's eye, or the beneficiary hasn't had her figurative cup of coffee yet, well, the luck may just not be there.

Yes, you have to be lucky - some people are not.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I was a bit surprised at the 50/50 pass rate revelation - it certainly seemed to be much higher than that on the day that my wife was interviewed. On that day almost everyone came back down from the 5th floor with big smiles on their faces and everyone that my wife and I spoke with said that they had gotten pink.

I see no improvement here. They are still denying cases on the bogus "not bonafide relationship" catch all. they are still too quick to send a case back to the USCIS instead of giving the petitioner a chance to solve the problem in GZ.A 50% denial rate doesn't mean a 50% fraud rate.

I see no improvement here. They are still denying cases on the bogus "not bonafide relationship" catch all. they are still too quick to send a case back to the USCIS instead of giving the petitioner a chance to solve the problem in GZ.A 50% denial rate doesn't mean a 50% fraud rate.

Amen

:)

Let me rephrase that a little bit - If you DO have a bona fide relationship and you are given a blue or white slip ANYWAY, that is a life-changing amount of BAD luck.

Read the article - the UC admits that mistakes are made, and that petitioners are given the opportunity to re-group and file another petition.

In my opinion, it's all in the presentation - a carefully assembled petition/application which presents a picture of a loving couple, a relatively well-to-do petitioner, and a perky beneficiary make all the difference in the world. If something catches the VO's eye, or the beneficiary hasn't had her figurative cup of coffee yet, well, the luck may just not be there.

I just posted my wife's "pink" result in the results thread, so if you see it there, you'll see that my wife's behavior was 'perky' as Randy used it here in this thread. I didnt use the word perky, but if you read my thread, you'll see she was perky and VERY confident.

I met with her at ACH and she came across to me as being very rude. Wouldn't give me any details and wouldn't go over the interviewers notes with me. Said couldn't take the additional evidence that I had because the case was already packaged for return to US. However, I later found out that it was authorized to be mailed back on the day I was there and they held it in the mailroom for months. I was there in May and it only reached immigration at the end of september. The NOA was mailled on the 25th and there has been no further activity yet.

JBHypno

AMEN!! TO THAT!!!

AMEN!! TO THAT!!!

Please forgive me, but I am going to weigh in on this one last time.

And sorry to hear about the UC at ACH. That is tough, since VOs have been known to sometimes ignore past cases and additional evidence and is often clearly stated.

But my first point and I will be blunt...........The percentage question is irrelevant and simply a stupid question to ask.....bottom line....

All I need to know is 0 or 100 percent. Zero meaning don't bother. We all have faced this type of odds. Simply move on to something else.

A 100 percent pass means no effort. Automatic...

Everything else is possible. But let's simply take a 99 percent rate, but you are the ONE in a HUNDRED that did not pass even though a bon a fide. Does this 99 percent rate make you feel any better? Probably worse....your case matters and not some percentage.

The reality is that how immigration works in this visa process is that the burden is on you. Sad but true, you are guilty, now prove your worth/innocence. So no matter who is running IV, it will never be 100 percent.

The flip side is that with the help of sites like this you improve your odds....with a bon a fide case.

And like I have mentioned, I am sure that there have been certainly guests to this site that have gathered info to commit fraud. The Consulate knows this as well. Another reality...so I would not expect them to be helpful here.

And there are many assumptions made on this site. One I tend to agree with is that in many cases the visa is decided before the interviewer ever steps up to the window. Basically, what the VO told my fiancee.

So if you agree with this assumption, it points to a good case and preparation vs luck. Although certainly luck or I will simply call fortune plays a role in almost anything of importance in life. My point is that most will reap what they sow....and many times you make your own luck.

But clearly all bon a fides will not pass and does result in bad luck and/or preparation. Basically, pick your poison.

Simply it seems that we have seen an improvement in GUZ and I feel fortunate to have had a favorable experience along with other CFLers..

I wish others as much fortune. And a positive experience at GUZ.

AMEN!! TO THAT!!!

Please forgive me, but I am going to weigh in on this one last time.

And sorry to hear about the UC at ACH. That is tough, since VOs have been known to sometimes ignore past cases and additional evidence and is often clearly stated.

But my first point and I will be blunt...........The percentage question is irrelevant and simply a stupid question to ask.....bottom line....

All I need to know is 0 or 100 percent. Zero meaning don't bother. We all have faced this type of odds. Simply move on to something else.

A 100 percent pass means no effort. Automatic...

Everything else is possible. But let's simply take a 99 percent rate, but you are the ONE in a HUNDRED that did not pass even though a bon a fide. Does this 99 percent rate make you feel any better? Probably worse....your case matters and not some percentage.

The reality is that how immigration works in this visa process is that the burden is on you. Sad but true, you are guilty, now prove your worth/innocence. So no matter who is running IV, it will never be 100 percent.

The flip side is that with the help of sites like this you improve your odds....with a bon a fide case.

And like I have mentioned, I am sure that there have been certainly guests to this site that have gathered info to commit fraud. The Consulate knows this as well. Another reality...so I would not expect them to be helpful here.

And there are many assumptions made on this site. One I tend to agree with is that in many cases the visa is decided before the interviewer ever steps up to the window. Basically, what the VO told my fiancee.

So if you agree with this assumption, it points to a good case and preparation vs luck. Although certainly luck or I will simply call fortune plays a role in almost anything of importance in life. My point is that most will reap what they sow....and many times you make your own luck.

But clearly all bon a fides will not pass and does result in bad luck and/or preparation. Basically, pick your poison.

Simply it seems that we have seen an improvement in GUZ and I feel fortunate to have had a favorable experience along with other CFLers..

I wish others as much fortune. And a positive experience at GUZ.

Do you really beleive that 1 out of every 2 cases of spousal visa applications between a chinese and american are fraud or poorly prepared? I strongly doubt it.

I agree with your point that if the rate was 100% it would be automatic...kind of like the work and student visas (check 9-11 entry).

:(

I just posted my wife's "pink" result in the results thread, so if you see it there, you'll see that my wife's behavior was 'perky' as Randy used it here in this thread. I didnt use the word perky, but if you read my thread, you'll see she was perky and VERY confident.

unfortunetly not everyones "perky"............ they are not going for a job interview. Its an interview to show proof there is a bona fide relationship going on between two people....i don't think "perky" has anything to do with a bona fide relationship......i do understand the concept an example a beautiful woman and a ugly woman both go for the same job interview of course the beautiful woman will get the job over the ugly woman....but this isnt a job interview.......it should be based on the facts presented to the VO.

Jimi