New Revelations From GUZ

unfortunetly not everyones "perky"............ they are not going for a job interview. Its an interview to show proof there is a bona fide relationship going on between two people....i don't think "perky" has anything to do with a bona fide relationship......i do understand the concept an example a beautiful woman and a ugly woman both go for the same job interview of course the beautiful woman will get the job over the ugly woman....but this isnt a job interview.......it should be based on the facts presented to the VO.

Jimi

My belief is that, unfortunately, it IS closer to a job interview than to the major, life-changing event that it is. In a five to fifteen (up to 30) minute interview, impressions are going to count for a lot.

The main thing to be gained from that view is that your SO should be relaxed, "perky", and be herself, and not feel like she needs to put on a performance. Speaking English is nice - but considering the many hours it takes to even noticeably improve your ability there, a crash course may do more harm than good if she feels pressured to "perform" in that respect.

But, yes, you're right. It SHOULD be as you say. Unfortunately, from what we've heard, there are many poorly trained VO's and others who feel they have a mission to perform.