How to file for a divorce paperwork for China from US?

Hello all,

How do one file for a divorce paperwork for China from the US side? Do one need to go to China?

Joe

Divorce Certificates

Available. Notarial offices will issue notarial divorce certificates based upon extant records to confirm either a court-decreed or uncontested divorce. In an uncontested divorce, a couple can obtain a divorce certificate from the marriage registration office in the neighborhood where they reside. In a contested divorce, both parties will receive a copy of the formal divorce decree from the court at the time the divorce is approved. If the original decree is lost, the same court will often issue a duplicate, but these various decrees or certificates should not be accepted in lieu of the notarial certificates.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

Possibly have someone in China obtain one for you if you are not living in China.

Why not file here? We don't know any of the particulars for this case.

True, were you divorced in China and are trying to get a copy of the record, or are you getting divorced and the marriage was in China?

If getting divorced, this can be done in the USA.

Whether you should even bother depends on a few things. Are you wanting to get married again in China? Are you wanting to file for a visa for someone that you want to bring to the US? Did you file for a visa for her (your future ex)as her husband?

If not, why bother? Unless you have the notarial certificate from China authenticating your marriage, then as far as any government (local, state, fed) is concerned, it never happened. If you do have it, burn it. There ya go...

She certainly can't come here and try to exercise any rights as your spouse. Any paperwork she could send to an attorney here would have to be authenticated. That can't happen without her or the notary here on US soil. We all know that won't happen. She isn't going to be able to get a tourist visa to come to a local courthouse and there is no way to successfully subpoena her.

In this case, what happened in China, stays in China. If she wants a divorce, let her file for it. Otherwise, claim yourself as free and single.

Why not file here? We don't know any of the particulars for this case.

True, were you divorced in China and are trying to get a copy of the record, or are you getting divorced and the marriage was in China?

If getting divorced, this can be done in the USA.

Hello All,

It is sad to inform everyone that after two year of trying and with an interview date she told me she don't want to come here and wanted to go break up so I am looking at the option of getting divorce because I was married in China. I have a feeling that a thrid party is involve since I had left China I will write a story about it later because right now I am really not happy about this and it is really sad. If I do not get divorce there and later on I find someone here can I still get marry here? No record of being married here beside USCIS.

Joe

I did File the I -130 as her spouse? So can I still claim that nothing happen?

If you don't mind a potential charge of bigamy. How big of a carpet do you have to sweep it under?

Talk to a lawyer here in the states about getting a divorce here in the states.

Sorry to hear of your troubles

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I did File the I -130 as her spouse? So can I still claim that nothing happen?

At this point I would contact DOS Visa services, or email GUZ about withdrawing the petition.

Sorry to hear this, You have been going through all the normal questions up to and including asking about ACH and then BANG out of left field this.

Since you were asking about ACH, if you are in China you can ask about petition withdraw in person.