Questions about VISA APPLICATION

Hi All,

Can some of you help me with some of the questions on the visa application? I am torn between some answers........

I want to try and get the 2 year, multi entry, with up to 90 day stay type visa. So should I answer questions in an effort to help persuade them to issue this - or should the accompanying letter be what CONVINCES THEM to issue such a visa?????

IE: Application askes: Length of longest anticipated stay? I'm only staying two weeks this time - but should I answer 90 DAYS?

Plus - since the application does not have a place to TWO YEAR - How should that be handled? Written in?

Do I put my wifes MOTHER as our inviter? We are staying with her.

"other declaration"......... is there anything i should write in there?

Any special info I need for writing the accompanying letter???

Thanks for any input!

Scott

hello, i was told to list 90 days for the longest intended stay in china. If your traveling with your wife from the states, then yes you should put down your wifes Mother's Information as the inviter. I don't know how to indicate on the visa form for two years, this maybe where your accompanying letter will explain why. I left other Declaration section blank. Just a FYI, don't know if it holds true today, but it also depends which consluate you go through on getting your visa. Some are more stricter than others on what visa they issue.

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)

I assume your wife is still a Chinese citizen. Since you will be traveling together there is no need to have an invitation letter from your mother-in-law. Just put that you are traveling with your wife who is a Chinese citizen. You can enter the mother's address for place to stay if you are going to stay with her.

I most recently obtained the 1 year multi entry visa and traveled to Beijing in August. I could have gotten the two year but did not see the point in expending the extra funds at that time.

Length of time for this visit I would just put your expected length of stay. You could submit copies of your wife's passport information pages and of your marriage book if you married in China or license from the U.S. if married here. That may influence whether they give you a two year or not. I supplied that for the one year and I am sure it did not hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Write 2 year visa by hand somewhere on the form where the other options are missing, and then call them the day they should receive it.

yes, as said above; tell them 90 days.

Send a copy of your marriage license and her passport page.

Call ahead to confirm with them what they want...

should not be a problem getting one. I just got one a few months ago.

Scott, the 2 year visa is the same cost as the 1 year. Please write "2 Years" in the box where the duration is located, and put 90 days as the length of stay requested. You will need to provide a copy of the marriage license and a copy of your wife's passport bio-page. You do not ned to provide an invitation letter, just state that you will be visiting family. If you are using a service to get the visa, they should be able to help you. I have always gotten my own visa's at the consulate here in Chicago. Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen.

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the advice given on this website and was issued a 2 YEAR, 90 DAY STAY, MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I used a company in DC because I was advised that my local consulate (Houston) would not issue 2 year visa - and the company I used did a great job for me and got the 2 YEAR visa.

Some people said this could not be done - sorry, but you are wrong. The embassy in DC will issue visa for any state resident.

Scott

I followed the advice given on this website and was issued a 2 YEAR, 90 DAY STAY, MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I used a company in DC because I was advised that my local consulate (Houston) would not issue 2 year visa - and the company I used did a great job for me and got the 2 YEAR visa.

Some people said this could not be done - sorry, but you are wrong. The embassy in DC will issue visa for any state resident.

Scott

Hey - thanks for the tip here, Scott! Did you submit a copy of your wife's passport paqe and Chinese ID?

Scott

Hey - thanks for the tip here, Scott! Did you submit a copy of your wife's passport paqe and Chinese ID?

NO...... that was the one thing that I did not submit.

I just did what the visa company said - which was to submit everything else metioned in this thread.

Scott

Let me clearify - I did not submit any document from my wife. They didn't need any of her stuff.

Edited by m-coon (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I followed the advice given on this website and was issued a 2 YEAR, 90 DAY STAY, MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Scott

Not correct on two counts - the Houston consulate issued me a 2-year, 90 day, multiple stay visa today.

The consulates serve the customers in their district - the DC visa company (their customer) is within their district. The DC embassy will tell you on the phone that they will only serve people who reside in their district (and the guard at the door may turn others away if you ask), but people have reported simply walking in and applying without asking.

Not correct on two counts - the Houston consulate issued me a 2-year, 90 day, multiple stay visa today.

Hey Randy that is good to hear because I just sent off my passport application this morning to the China Visa Service center in Houston requesting a 2 year 90 day, multiple stay visa. I spoke with them on the phone about it yesterday and they said no problem at all just send in a copy of my marriage certificate and a copy of my wife's passport bio pages along with the application. I have used this same service for the past 2 years and have been very satisfied.

Edited by Eric (see edit history)

Hey Randy that is good to hear because I just sent off my passport application this morning to the China Visa Service center in Houston requesting a 2 year 90 day, multiple stay visa. I spoke with them on the phone about it yesterday and they said no problem at all just send in a copy of my marriage certificate and a copy of my wife's passport bio pages along with the application. I have used this same service for the past 2 years and have been very satisfied.

That's exactly what I submitted - the dorky girl behind the counter looks at her passport copy, turns on her microphone, and asks, "Is she your GIRL FRIEND?". I pointed out that she had seen the marriage license right before that. She was extra nice after that.

I used the visa service which would of gotten the 2 year visa through the Houston Consulate.

I posted the experience but I called in advance and they never told me to send the copy of the passport, only the marriage certificate... later they called me to say they could not process the 2 yr request which I blasted them for not tell me when I called in advanced.

Needless to say, I got the 2 yr visa in the mail.

So, not only did Houston issue the 2 yr, they did so without all the 'required' documentation...